A few deals thus far- what else needs to be done? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team

A few deals thus far- what else needs to be done?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

A few deals thus far- what else needs to be done?

Postby bjm97 » Thu Mar 29, 2007 9:25 am

10 team H2H 7x7 non keeper league (R, H, HR, RBI, SB, TB, Average, IP, W, SV, BB, K, ERA, WHIP) with 21 min IP and daily roster moves. I have already dealt Glaus/Pods/B Myers for Hafner/Drew and just moved A Jones/Penny for Beltran. Below is the team and the FA's

1) How were the trades?
2) Areas of weakness.
3) Any FA's better than my current crew?

C Iannetta
1b Helton
2b Weeks
3b Cabrera
SS Drew (can grab Peralta/Crosby/Tulowitzki if he falters)
OF Crawford
OF Holliday
OF Beltran
Util Haftner
BN A Gonzalez
DL N Johnson

SP Webb
SP Lackey
RP Fuentes
RP Dotel
P Haren
P Ray
P Soriano
BN Bush
BN Burnett
BN Schilling

Are any of these bats/pitchers better than what I have? I like Buehrle, mulder, Pavano, Pelfrey but didn't think any them were an improvement.

FA wire has -
Peralta, Iguchi, Crosby, Gomes, Wigginton, Griffey, Russell Martin, Huff, Victorino, Guillen, Upton, Marte, Milledge, Kouzmanoff, Looney, Dukes, La Roche, Roberts, C Jackson, C Burke, C Quentin, Tulowitzki, E Encarnacion, D DeJesus, Thames, Jacobs, C Young, Aybar, B Wood, Gibbons, Hardy, McPherson

P- eaton, billingsley, batista, wolf, e jackson, gfloyd, washburn, l hernandez, a reyes, s olsen, d davis, maddux, buehrle, mulder, blanton, d cabrera, lopez, bonser, pelfrey, hampton, maine, pavano, O Perez
bjm97
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby PokerMike4283 » Thu Mar 29, 2007 9:29 am

I would let go of Haren for either Maddux, Olsen, Cabrera, Maine, or Pelfrey. Maine or Pelfrey I'm not too high on but the others are definates in my book.
PokerMike4283
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby cosmokid » Thu Mar 29, 2007 9:42 am

i think your team looks good and well balanced and would not make a move.

i especially wouldnt drop haren for any of those guys mentioned in the post above. i only like maddux in deeper leagues where you need more pitchers. he is reliable, sure, but his numbers arent going to blow you away.
cosmokid
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby ejay508 » Thu Mar 29, 2007 10:56 am

DO NOT LET GO OF HAREN. That was dumb.

Love the trades. Now lets make your squad the best.

Drop Soriano (10 team league and no holds cat). Grab Olsen.

Try and get another 1B. I do not like Helton. Keep your eye on Jacobs. Drop Nick Johnson for a guy (He broke his leg I think). He will always be hurt, not owned in my 14 teamer.

You will be good to go
ejay508
College Coach
College Coach

Postby bjm97 » Thu Mar 29, 2007 11:17 am

Don't agree with dropping Haren either, and was pleased with the trades myself. I have some hope for Helton this year- with the added bulk he has put on. Nick Johnson is on our DL in hope that he ever gets healthy enough to help- if not we will dump him. I have heard that Hafner will play more 1st base in interleague games and figure by the end of the season he will take over the 1st base slot. If that is the case than I can get the best bat for util. If Helton/Johnson don't work at 1st we can look at Conner Jackson or Gonzalez. I am trusting that out of that 4 someone will work out. Thanks for the comments- keep them coming.
bjm97
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Re: A few deals thus far- what else needs to be done?

Postby chadxor » Thu Mar 29, 2007 12:12 pm

bjm97 wrote:10 team H2H 7x7 non keeper league (R, H, HR, RBI, SB, TB, Average, IP, W, SV, BB, K, ERA, WHIP) with 21 min IP and daily roster moves. I have already dealt Glaus/Pods/B Myers for Hafner/Drew and just moved A Jones/Penny for Beltran. Below is the team and the FA's

1) How were the trades?
2) Areas of weakness.
3) Any FA's better than my current crew?

C Iannetta
1b Helton
2b Weeks
3b Cabrera
SS Drew (can grab Peralta/Crosby/Tulowitzki if he falters)
OF Crawford
OF Holliday
OF Beltran
Util Haftner
BN A Gonzalez
DL N Johnson

SP Webb
SP Lackey
RP Fuentes
RP Dotel
P Haren
P Ray
P Soriano
BN Bush
BN Burnett
BN Schilling

Are any of these bats/pitchers better than what I have? I like Buehrle, mulder, Pavano, Pelfrey but didn't think any them were an improvement.

FA wire has -
Peralta, Iguchi, Crosby, Gomes, Wigginton, Griffey, Russell Martin, Huff, Victorino, Guillen, Upton, Marte, Milledge, Kouzmanoff, Looney, Dukes, La Roche, Roberts, C Jackson, C Burke, C Quentin, Tulowitzki, E Encarnacion, D DeJesus, Thames, Jacobs, C Young, Aybar, B Wood, Gibbons, Hardy, McPherson

P- eaton, billingsley, batista, wolf, e jackson, gfloyd, washburn, l hernandez, a reyes, s olsen, d davis, maddux, buehrle, mulder, blanton, d cabrera, lopez, bonser, pelfrey, hampton, maine, pavano, O Perez

1) How were the trades? I like the trades. You got the best players in the deals, which is a good thing prior to the season
2) Areas of weakness. Saves? Not too many
3) Any FA's better than my current crew? You have a thin bench, but I like the guys you have. Stick with them
chadxor
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Jakra » Thu Mar 29, 2007 12:17 pm

I would drop Soriano for Scott Olsen. Love the trades you made.
Jakra
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Re: A few deals thus far- what else needs to be done?

Postby bjm97 » Thu Mar 29, 2007 12:35 pm

chadxor wrote:
bjm97 wrote:

1) How were the trades? I like the trades. You got the best players in the deals, which is a good thing prior to the season
2) Areas of weakness. Saves? Not too many
3) Any FA's better than my current crew? You have a thin bench, but I like the guys you have. Stick with them

Thanks- I always feel its smart to get the best player in any trade.
I figured in a 10 team league 3 closers was sufficient (and hope to turn Soriano into a cheap FA closer or if Wickman's body catches up with him).
bjm97
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby tianyi86 » Thu Mar 29, 2007 12:52 pm

Drop Ianetta and grab Russell Martin.
tianyi86
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Basketball

Postby joshiasi » Thu Mar 29, 2007 12:52 pm

the trades look good for you.... you should not drop haren... soriano seems the likely one to be dropped since holds is not one of the cats in your league...

saves will likely be your weak point...

ill look at is olsen... and if you have a dl in your league stash nick johnson first and use that free space to pick up tulowitzki... hes having a great spring.. ;-D
joshiasi
College Coach
College Coach

Next

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team