Cameron Maybin - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Injuries & Player Updates

Cameron Maybin

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Cameron Maybin

Postby B-Chad » Thu Mar 29, 2007 1:48 am

what's the ETA on him? His ST numbers were very good in the limited AB's (I don't place too much emphasis on ST numbers, but they are hard to ignore). Also, I've read he's an exceptional prospect especially considering his age, and even on here the cafe has him in the top 20. I know he's the CF of the future for the Tigers, but when's the future? I mean Granderson will be a main stay, Mags is an obvious starter and still very good for if nothing else at least the near future, but Monroe and Thames don't exactly scream top talent or anything remarkably close to that. Just wondering if there are any ETA's floating around... thanks.
B-Chad
General Manager
General Manager

EditorCafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby BigLaBellski » Thu Mar 29, 2007 9:03 am

I think Maybin is still a year away from spending any significant time in the bigs. The guy is a 5 tool stud and had a great spring, but the Tigers OF depth will likely keep him in the minors this year unless there is significant injury.
Rumor in the D is that Casey will likely not be extended past this season opening up a position at 1B in 2008. Thames is a candidate to fill that void at 1B (as well as Shelton and Pudge), which could create space for Maybin in the OF.
Assuming he progresses as anticipated, he will have a starting gig in 2008.
High and Tight Y'all!
BigLaBellski
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby Dan Lambskin » Thu Mar 29, 2007 2:45 pm

for this year he's a September callup at best

also, i'm pretty sure Monroe only has a 1 year deal, so i could see Granderson moving to LF and Maybin getting a shot in CF next year
Dan Lambskin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner

Return to Injuries & Player Updates