Billy Butler's Debut? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Injuries & Player Updates

Billy Butler's Debut?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Billy Butler's Debut?

Postby Pedros Little Friend » Wed Mar 28, 2007 11:48 pm

I know he'll be (or was) sent down to the minors but when will he get up this year? I think he could win AL ROY over his team mate if he gets up early enough in the season. I know KC has too many OFs but they have to make room for him soon. Are the Royals thinking about when they might bring him up for this year yet?
Pedros Little Friend
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby B-Chad » Thu Mar 29, 2007 12:20 am

I like Butler a lot as well. The last thing I read about him was that his strong hitting made it tough to send him down, but that there is more to making the team then offense. Basically implying that he needed to work on his OF defense before he gets a call. That said... IMO, when they get Mark Teahen settled in a bit in the OF, since he's learning to play out there now, they should and could call up Butler. I can't imagine they want two guys learning on the job at the big league level (though Butler has been playing OF... I mean learning the position from the thought he's a work in progress). The other thing that could speed up the callup is an almost certain and yearly event... Mike Sweeney getting injured. If the DH spot is opened up they have no excuse to keep him down any longer.
B-Chad
General Manager
General Manager

EditorCafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby nakgxf » Thu Mar 29, 2007 3:24 am

Wow. B-Chad, uh, you hit the nail right on the head buddy. Good work.
nakgxf
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby pizzaboy76 » Thu Mar 29, 2007 11:51 am

I've read they might pull what Tampa has with D. Young and Upton. By this I mean keep them in the minors so they can hold onto them for a little longer. Once on the major league roster the clock starts and they might want to wait another year so they are closer to being competitive.
pizzaboy76
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 71)

Postby B-Chad » Thu Mar 29, 2007 4:11 pm

Just another follow up that might be of interest. I just read on ESPN insider (which is far from a reliable source in many cases... but anyways....) Reggie Sanders may get moved to the O's... that could possibly speed up the Butler call.
B-Chad
General Manager
General Manager

EditorCafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby JoshExley » Thu Mar 29, 2007 4:34 pm

B-Chad wrote:Just another follow up that might be of interest. I just read on ESPN insider (which is far from a reliable source in many cases... but anyways....) Reggie Sanders may get moved to the O's... that could possibly speed up the Butler call.

Then he'd have to jump over Emil Brown and Joey Gathright. Think he could do it?

HAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!!!!!
JoshExley
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Return to Injuries & Player Updates