Return to Injuries & Player Updates

Mark Prior

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby RawTalent » Tue Apr 10, 2007 4:52 am

http://desmoinesregister.com/apps/pbcs. ... 05036/1003

Cubs put Prior on seven-day disabled list
CHICAGO TRIBUNE

April 5, 2007

The Iowa Cubs place Mark Prior on the seven-day disabled list today with what's being called "shoulder fatigue." The Cubs say it's a technicality because Prior is not injured but simply not ready to pitch.

"He has to be accounted for by Opening Day," general manager Jim Hendry said. "He has to be on their roster or on the DL."

Prior continues to work out at extended spring training in Mesa, Ariz. Henry said Prior is not scheduled to see any doctors. The Cubs haven't said when he'll be able to pitch for the Iowa Cubs, but his DL time could be extended if he's not ready in one week.

"If he needs another seven [days], we'll give him another seven," Hendry said. "Until he's ready to go five or six [innings]."

When he spoke to reporters in Mesa today, Prior said he was healthy and ready to go.

"Just show up and play, and that's what I'll do," he said.

But Prior took the entire 72 hours available to him before reporting to the Cubs' minor-league camp.
RawTalent
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby RawTalent » Tue Apr 10, 2007 4:55 am

Nevermind...I guess Minor League DLs don't count.
RawTalent
College Coach
College Coach

Postby TheGinner » Tue Apr 10, 2007 5:19 am

checkers wrote:Will this guy come back anytime soon?

Is he all done like you guys think?

He's been done since '04 where have you been LOL
TheGinner
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 6)

Postby gfantasy » Tue Apr 10, 2007 10:59 am

do we drop him at this point?
gfantasy
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Web Supporter

Postby dewey finn » Tue Apr 10, 2007 11:13 am

I still have him on my team in my main 10-team, 30 roster spots league. Then again there's a max moves of 50 so I don't want to waste a move if the cubs call him up.
dewey finn
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Basketball

Postby ThatDude » Tue Apr 10, 2007 12:32 pm

TheGinner wrote:
checkers wrote:Will this guy come back anytime soon?

Is he all done like you guys think?

He's been done since '04 where have you been LOL

Where have you been?

'06 was his only bad year. Every single year before that he's been putting up ace-type numbers for at least 2/3rds of the season.
Sometimes it takes a crazy person to see the truth. If so, I'm a freaking lunatic.
ThatDude
General Manager
General Manager

Postby ytorf » Tue Apr 10, 2007 9:35 pm

i agree that he's always put up solid numbers, but i am a little iffy about him coming back from this shoulder thing. i just dropped him in my league, only because i'm fairly certain no one else is going to pick him up. i figure i'll wait and see how a couple of minor league starts go before i nab him again. if they had JUST put him on the DL instead...
ytorf
College Coach
College Coach

Postby BillyHallDisciple » Tue Apr 10, 2007 10:16 pm

Don't hold your breath waiting for Mark Prior to be healthy for more than two weeks at a time, folks. It will never happen.
BillyHallDisciple
General Manager
General Manager

Postby jake_harv88 » Mon Apr 23, 2007 8:03 pm

this is hilarious....

Mark Prior will undergo exploratory surgery on his shoulder Tuesday and is likely to miss the rest of the season.

Dr. James Andrews will perform the surgery. "He's had some discomfort for a couple years," GM Jim Hendry said. "It's finally gotten to a point where it's probably the right decision to let one of the best people in the world go and have a look around to see if anything can maybe be fixed, if it doesn't need something major. Dr. Andrews has the clearance if something needs to be fixed or tightened up." Even if no major problems are discovered, it's unlikely that Prior will get into a game this season.
jake_harv88
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterWeb Supporter
(Past Year: 24)

Postby gfantasy » Mon Apr 23, 2007 8:42 pm

jake_harv88 wrote:this is hilarious....

Mark Prior will undergo exploratory surgery on his shoulder Tuesday and is likely to miss the rest of the season.

Dr. James Andrews will perform the surgery. "He's had some discomfort for a couple years," GM Jim Hendry said. "It's finally gotten to a point where it's probably the right decision to let one of the best people in the world go and have a look around to see if anything can maybe be fixed, if it doesn't need something major. Dr. Andrews has the clearance if something needs to be fixed or tightened up." Even if no major problems are discovered, it's unlikely that Prior will get into a game this season.

Can we say DROPPPED!?
gfantasy
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Web Supporter

PreviousNext

Return to Injuries & Player Updates