AMAZING TEAM, YES OR NO??? WILL RATE YOURS... - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team

AMAZING TEAM, YES OR NO??? WILL RATE YOURS...

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby avstars » Wed Mar 28, 2007 12:13 pm

Your pitching is sick. I think this is an area where you can afford to give up on to get a SS or a 2B. Aurillia should be your bench utility guy. Also not much speed after Crawford. Other than that, you look fine.

http://www.fantasybaseballcafe.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=2132473#2132473
avstars
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby elltrain22 » Wed Mar 28, 2007 3:17 pm

My genius plan at getting a good (not great) SS is to wait till bout May or June when someone needs a closer really bad, (I have 5), deal 1 of my closers for a guy like Stephen Drew, Renteria, or someone like that. Or, what I could do is be patient and wait for a WW player to pop up like Hanley Ramirez did last year. I am really good at playing the waiver wire, so have no fear.
elltrain22
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby vandysports » Wed Mar 28, 2007 3:29 pm

I'll second avstars' post

your biggest weaknesses are clearly Aurillia at SS, Teahen at 3B, and maybe some liability if Torres or Dotel implode. Actually, no, your pitching will be tops even if one of those guys implodes. With Gordon at 3B, you have 2 guys with upside, so surely one will turn out well for you.

I'll go with the consensus -- pick up some speed at SS!!!

You are right though, it is a very good team.
vandysports
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby fantasybaseballfan1 » Wed Mar 28, 2007 3:44 pm

Very nice balance of speed and power, especially if you get a shortstop who can steal like most of them can. Aurilla is a giant hole but you already know that. Good batting average, Runs, and RBI should all be there. I would be worried about all of your relief pitchers, Papelbon for injury, Ray because of the speculation surrounding him and Baez, Wickman because of Gonzalez, Soriano, Torres because of Capps and Dotel because he hasn't pitched in a year. Maybe try to trade for guys with better job security. Your starting pitchers are very good. Nice team.

http://www.fantasybaseballcafe.com/foru ... p?t=261877
fantasybaseballfan1
College Coach
College Coach

Postby Lordrevolution » Wed Mar 28, 2007 4:02 pm

elltrain22 wrote:My genius plan at getting a good (not great) SS is to wait till bout May or June when someone needs a closer really bad, (I have 5), deal 1 of my closers for a guy like Stephen Drew, Renteria, or someone like that. Or, what I could do is be patient and wait for a WW player to pop up like Hanley Ramirez did last year. I am really good at playing the waiver wire, so have no fear.

You'll trade a closer for a guy like Renteria? I wouldn't trade my 3rd OF for him...
Lordrevolution
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Previous

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team