Berkman? What do you think he's gonna do next year? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Berkman? What do you think he's gonna do next year?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby L0rdB23 » Mon Dec 15, 2003 7:23 pm

Erboes wrote:Oh, Berkman will be huge next year. I'm looking at .300+, 40 homers and 125 rbi's. He was hurt most of last season (just like Green). He'll bounce back and, judging by his age, will do more than 02.

couldnt have said it better myself
L0rdB23
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Music2004Man » Mon Dec 15, 2003 8:00 pm

So in a pts league (Sandbox) do you guys think he will be more or less valuable than Ichiro?
Music2004Man
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby blankman » Tue Dec 16, 2003 12:42 am

Music2004Man wrote:So in a pts league (Sandbox) do you guys think he will be more or less valuable than Ichiro?

From what I remember with points leagues, Berkman will dominate Ichiro. If I'm not mistaken, points leagues are dominated by power hitters (a huge 6 pts for a solo hr), while Ichiro will only get u 2 or 3 pts per SB. Considering Berkman's HR total should be around Ichiro's SB total, Berkman gets you at least twice as many points. Plus BA does you nothing in pts leagues, which is one of Ichiro's strenghts.
blankman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert

Postby Madison » Tue Dec 16, 2003 11:43 am

blankman wrote:
Music2004Man wrote:So in a pts league (Sandbox) do you guys think he will be more or less valuable than Ichiro?

From what I remember with points leagues, Berkman will dominate Ichiro. If I'm not mistaken, points leagues are dominated by power hitters (a huge 6 pts for a solo hr), while Ichiro will only get u 2 or 3 pts per SB. Considering Berkman's HR total should be around Ichiro's SB total, Berkman gets you at least twice as many points. Plus BA does you nothing in pts leagues, which is one of Ichiro's strenghts.

Not sure what the scoring looks like, but Ichiro will end up with more total hits than Berkman plus the steals and runs scored. With that said, I'd lean toward Berkman and his home runs and rbi. It all depends on the scoring system though. ;-)
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Sick of those who are spineless.
Sick of those who feel self-entitled.
Sick of those who are hypocrites.
Yes doctor, an army is forming.
Yes doctor, there will be a war.
Yes doctor, there will be blood.....
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

ExecutiveEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby Transmogrifier » Tue Dec 16, 2003 11:52 am

blankman wrote:

Umm, MM, in your league, you already have three outfielders, yet catcher and second open. I'd grab Posada before either Ichiro or Berkman, in my humble opinion.
I'm back. Sorta.

Do not boo Johnny.
Transmogrifier
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 Survivor

Postby Music2004Man » Tue Dec 16, 2003 1:28 pm

Transmo,

Posada and Blalock are both on my radar to pick up early. I might even be able to add a solid 1b alla Sexson/Palmiero but I need to think about the pitching too.
Music2004Man
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby Transmogrifier » Tue Dec 16, 2003 1:42 pm

Music2004Man wrote:Transmo,

Posada and Blalock are both on my radar to pick up early. I might even be able to add a solid 1b alla Sexson/Palmiero but I need to think about the pitching too.

Did you get my PM? I suggested something along the lines of Posada/Foulke/Millwood/Blaylock.
I'm back. Sorta.

Do not boo Johnny.
Transmogrifier
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 Survivor

Postby Music2004Man » Tue Dec 16, 2003 2:19 pm

Yes,

Thanks for the PM. That will definitely be very helpful. I'm thinking along the lines of Blalock/Posada/Millwood. Foulke will probably be available after everyone has their first picks which is when my 4th pick will come up. You have to love trades to pick up extra picks early :)
Music2004Man
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby Guest » Thu Dec 18, 2003 4:21 pm

you could probably get Blalock in the 4th round, nobodys going to take him, and I bet Posada will be gone unless you take him first

Home Cafe: Football
Friendliness: %

Postby Music2004Man » Thu Dec 18, 2003 5:07 pm

This is in a 10 team keeper league with 7 keepers. Posada and Blalock with go in the 1st and at latest the 2nd round.
Music2004Man
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers