10 teams H2H - Just drafted - WHIR - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team

10 teams H2H - Just drafted - WHIR

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

10 teams H2H - Just drafted - WHIR

Postby teddy ballgame » Tue Mar 27, 2007 9:26 pm

10 teams, H2H, 5x5

C Ronny Paulino
1B Richie Sexson
2B Jeff Kent
3B Ryan Zimmerman
SS Hanley Ramírez
OF Alfonso Soriano
OF Carlos Lee
OF Delmon Young
UTIL Chipper Jones
BN Nick Markakis
BN Josh Willingham

SP Chris Carpenter
SP John Smoltz
RP Francisco Rodríguez
RP Jonathan Papelbon
P José Valverde
P Jason Isringhausen
P Salomón Torres
BN Dontrelle Willis
BN Curt Schilling
BN Anthony Reyes
BN Kelvim Escobar
BN Ian Snell

What do you think? I think it's pretty solid all around. C may be weak but I'm not worried about that.
teddy ballgame
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby lcp0209 » Tue Mar 27, 2007 9:28 pm

Very good pitching staff. Offensively, your top 4 are very good, but then a pretty big drop off

http://www.fantasybaseballcafe.com/foru ... 14#2130714
lcp0209
College Coach
College Coach

Postby BoilerATC » Tue Mar 27, 2007 9:29 pm

Solid but not great team. Offense is balanced and the pitching staff is amazing. You might want to get a backup 2B now in case Kent breaks down. You have two OF's on your bench, maybe you can move one for a Phillips or Kinsler.

http://www.fantasybaseballcafe.com/foru ... p?t=262865
BoilerATC
College Coach
College Coach

Postby mariahthepariah » Tue Mar 27, 2007 9:39 pm

I think you have a solid team outside of the obvious catcher position. The health of Kent and Jones concerns me but since Jones is a Util sport, no need to sweat too much. I've notice you've employed the maxed out closers strategy. I used it last year and won my league. Do you find that this strategy has a good success rate?

http://www.fantasybaseballcafe.com/foru ... p?t=262994
Thanks to CrashOverrid3 for the sig!
mariahthepariah
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby Metsown » Tue Mar 27, 2007 9:41 pm

nice team, what other C's are on the waiver wire?
maybe try to trade a closer and something for a C?

http://www.fantasybaseballcafe.com/foru ... 80#2130780
Metsown
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby MiggyT » Tue Mar 27, 2007 9:44 pm

I love that you have 5 closers. I always like to carry extras in case one goes down/loses his job, or the inevitable desperate owner offers you a ridiculous deal.

Great team all-around, although I don't think Jeff Kent should be a starting 2Bmen. He's more suited for a fantasy bench. Also, hard to believe that in a 10-team league that only starts 1 catcher, ronny paulino is the best available option. I would search the waiver wire if I were you. A solid team that should compete all year, though.

Help with mine, please:
http://www.fantasybaseballcafe.com/foru ... p?t=263066
MiggyT
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby teddy ballgame » Tue Mar 27, 2007 9:54 pm

mariahthepariah wrote:I've notice you've employed the maxed out closers strategy. I used it last year and won my league. Do you find that this strategy has a good success rate?

I just like to get all the saves I can. Unless the closer completely bombs (in which case I drop them) they shouldn't hurt my ERA or WHIP much and they're getting me saves. I love to carry as many closers as I can. Also, if I don't have more than 3 starters going, those spots are just wasting away, so I like to use them for something (if I can't get another closer I just plug in a MR guy to help with ratios).

MiggyT wrote:Also, hard to believe that in a 10-team league that only starts 1 catcher, ronny paulino is the best available option.

He's probably not the "best" but they pretty much all suck after the first few obvious ones. I figured Paulino would at least help my BA and if I'm lucky he'll smack 10 HRs.
teddy ballgame
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby baseballmatic31 » Tue Mar 27, 2007 9:56 pm

if i had your team i wouldnt be starting young over markasis in the OF. the only thing young might give u is a headache when he doesnt give you the numbers that h is supposed to. u have to remeber that he is on a team that is challenged in most aspects when markasis will be hitting 3rd with tejada behind him and huff in front of him. also im not too high on sexson because im not sure if your team wil be able to hide his horrible average so u may want to trade one of your SP for an upgrade at 1B
The Team, The Time, The Mets
baseballmatic31
College Coach
College Coach

Postby teddy ballgame » Tue Mar 27, 2007 10:01 pm

baseballmatic31 wrote:if i had your team i wouldnt be starting young over markasis in the OF. the only thing young might give u is a headache when he doesnt give you the numbers that h is supposed to. u have to remeber that he is on a team that is challenged in most aspects when markasis will be hitting 3rd with tejada behind him and huff in front of him. also im not too high on sexson because im not sure if your team wil be able to hide his horrible average so u may want to trade one of your SP for an upgrade at 1B

Sexson bothered me too. I looked up and all the 1B were gone. If he does bad there's a few young guys I can grab (Jackson, Shealy, etc). About Young he's just starting at the moment because that's the order I drafted the OF. I plan on changing up that 3rd spot between Young, Markakis, and Willingham.
teddy ballgame
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team