Does this team have enough power? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team

Does this team have enough power?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Does this team have enough power?

Postby chadxor » Tue Mar 27, 2007 12:15 pm

Did a mock last night that I'm very comfortable with:

C Ramon Hernandez BAL R15 P7 Comment
1B Adam LaRoche PIT R9 P7 Comment
2B Rickie Weeks MIL R11 P7 Comment
SS Michael Young TEX R4 P6 Comment
3B Eric Chavez OAK R17 P7 Comment
OF Carl Crawford TB R1 P7 Comment
OF Ichiro Suzuki SEA R3 P7 Comment
OF Adam Dunn CIN R6 P6 Comment
DH Travis Hafner CLE R2 P6 Comment

BN B.J. Upton TB R19 P7 Comment

P Brandon Webb ARI R5 P7 Comment
P C.C. Sabathia CLE R7 P7 Comment
P Aaron Harang CIN R8 P6 Comment
P Chris Ray BAL R10 P6 Comment
P Bob Wickman ATL R12 P6 Comment
P David Bush MIL R13 P7 Comment
P Adam Wainwright STL R14 P6 Comment
P Octavio Dotel KC R16 P6 Comment
P Jorge Julio FLA R18 P6 Comment
P Mark Prior CHC R20 P6 Comment
P Brandon McCarthy TEX R21 P7 Comment
P Jeremy Sowers CLE R22 P6 Comment
P Daniel Cabrera BAL R23 P7 Comment
P Noah Lowry SF R24 P6 Comment


Standard 12 teamer, 5x5. SP/SP/RP/RP/P/P. H2H Yahoo settings, in other words.

I figured I could take Dunn's hit in average because I had grabbed so many solid AVG hitting players. That allowed me to make up the lost power from crawford/ichiro.

Is this a bad strategy? I like it, but I'm trying to make sure I'm not forgetting power.
chadxor
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

User avatar

Posts: 654
Joined: 31 May 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: New Orleans

Postby ChiTownEBOW » Tue Mar 27, 2007 12:22 pm

I think you have a solid offense. Except for Chavez. There's been a lot of talk of a rebound, but show me the money.

Solid 4 pitchers, but then you have a string on fliers, has beens and unprovens. That areas needs the most improvement.

Please help:
http://www.fantasybaseballcafe.com/foru ... 69#2128169
ChiTownEBOW
College Coach
College Coach


Posts: 148
Joined: 22 Mar 2007
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby chadxor » Tue Mar 27, 2007 12:25 pm

ChiTownEBOW wrote:I think you have a solid offense. Except for Chavez. There's been a lot of talk of a rebound, but show me the money.

Solid 4 pitchers, but then you have a string on fliers, has beens and unprovens. That areas needs the most improvement.

Please help:
http://www.fantasybaseballcafe.com/foru ... 69#2128169


This is a twelve team league. I'm comfortable with 4 solid starters. If I were to have more, I'd have to sacrifice a lot of other strengths.

I just like coming out of the first ten rounds with at least 6 or 7 hitters (usually one RP and 2-3 SP). I build my staff from there.

Thanks though. I suppose I'm higher on Chavez than most, but I'm not concerned about him at all. Worst comes to worst, I'll be able to grab a 3man during the year (kouz, marte, etc)
chadxor
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

User avatar

Posts: 654
Joined: 31 May 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: New Orleans

Postby NikkiSixx » Tue Mar 27, 2007 12:38 pm

The team looks really good, between Dunn, Hafner, and Laroche you should be fine in power (not to mention players like Weeks and Crawford could belt out 20). I would pick up another closer but thats about it. Thats the only advice I can really give at this point because you picked up great upside to back up your rotation. Good job!
NikkiSixx
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
Response TeamPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 2502
(Past Year: 375)
Joined: 26 Jan 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: 1st place!

Postby chadxor » Tue Mar 27, 2007 12:44 pm

NikkiSixx wrote:The team looks really good, between Dunn, Hafner, and Laroche you should be fine in power (not to mention players like Weeks and Crawford could belt out 20). I would pick up another closer but thats about it. Thats the only advice I can really give at this point because you picked up great upside to back up your rotation. Good job!


Thanks.

I reached on Julio--should have gone for a RP who might develop into a closer by the playoffs. Maybe a guy like Gonzalez or Broxton?
chadxor
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

User avatar

Posts: 654
Joined: 31 May 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: New Orleans

Postby NikkiSixx » Tue Mar 27, 2007 12:47 pm

chadxor wrote:
NikkiSixx wrote:The team looks really good, between Dunn, Hafner, and Laroche you should be fine in power (not to mention players like Weeks and Crawford could belt out 20). I would pick up another closer but thats about it. Thats the only advice I can really give at this point because you picked up great upside to back up your rotation. Good job!


Thanks.

I reached on Julio--should have gone for a RP who might develop into a closer by the playoffs. Maybe a guy like Gonzalez or Broxton?


Between Gonzalez and Broxton I would go after Broxton.
NikkiSixx
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
Response TeamPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 2502
(Past Year: 375)
Joined: 26 Jan 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: 1st place!


Return to Analyze/Rate My Team

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: unioreimi and 7 guests

Forums Articles & Tips Sleepers Rankings Leagues


Today's Games
Saturday, Apr. 19
(All times are EST, weather icons show forecast for game time)

Chi Cubs at Chi Cubs
(1:05 pm)
Minnesota at Kansas City
(1:05 pm)
Cincinnati at Cincinnati
(1:08 pm)
Houston at Oakland
(1:35 pm)
Milwaukee at Pittsburgh
(2:10 pm)
NY Yankees at Tampa Bay
(2:20 pm)
indoors
Seattle at Miami
(4:05 pm)
indoors
NY Mets at NY Mets
(7:05 pm)
Atlanta at Atlanta
(7:10 pm)
Philadelphia at Colorado
(7:10 pm)
Chi White Sox at Texas
(7:10 pm)
LA Dodgers at LA Dodgers
(8:05 pm)
Arizona at Arizona
(8:10 pm)
San Diego at San Diego
(8:10 pm)
San Francisco at San Francisco
(8:40 pm)

  • Fantasy Baseball
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact