rate my team WHIR - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team

rate my team WHIR

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby Hacktastic » Tue Mar 27, 2007 1:47 pm

You definitely got pretty gutsy with your pitchers and I like what you did there as a result. I have a feeling that all of them should give you positive results given the ?'s they have surrounding them and you did well to take advantage of other people's uncertainty by grabbing them late. For example, I think a lot of people are too scared of Sheets' injury proneness to be comfortable calling him a #1 fantasy pitcher, but that's where he belongs and I think you did a great job pairing him with Bonderman at SP. By many accounts Bonderman is poised to have a Cy Young caliber year, and if not, he's definitely still going to continue to improve on last year's performance. Brad Lidge is too good to give up on yet, and the rest of your pitchers could end up to be very solid. Maybe try to look around for a pitcher on a good team with ERA in the low 4's that can help give you a few more W's.

Offensively, OF looks very good but I'm scared of your infield a little. You can do better without Giambi at 1st if you can trade him away while he still has some value to others. I wouldn't trust him to turn out another good year with any semblance of a decent average. You also may want to find someone to play Utility for now until Alex Gordon gets his show on the road.

I'd suggest you should pay more attention to your batters than pitchers at the moment. You could use some extra pop and a few more SB if you can find a way to work that in. Focus on 1B, 2B and SS in particular. Is Ryan Freel still available? If not, them maybe you can buy low for a guy like him to get some more impact out of the position than you have at the moment.

I hope this helps. Considering that this is a 14 team league I think you're off to a very solid start. Good luck this year!

Hack
Hacktastic
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Home Cafe: Baseball

Previous

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team