FAAB on CBS Sportsline Question - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Commissioner's Corner

FAAB on CBS Sportsline Question

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

FAAB on CBS Sportsline Question

Postby Reymos » Tue Mar 27, 2007 7:51 am

I am going to start the FAAB process tomorrow. This is the first time our league is using Sportline. Each owner has an FAAB budget of $75. Many owners are putting players in the free agent queue. Sportsline does not spell out if our league settings such as 5 major league reserve players and 3 minor leaguers will be enforced. Does anyone one know if these setting will be enforced? For example, lets say I put in a claim for 10 players. Also, I have the highest bid on all 10 players. Will all 10 players be added to my roster or will it stop at 8 players? I don't expect this, but will the tool be smart enough to stop me at 5 major league reserve players and 3 minor leaguers? My guess is that I will get all 10 players and then I would have to drop to prevent an illegal roster before opening day.

Thanks - Rey
Reymos
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Home Cafe: Baseball

Solved - Sportsline response

Postby Reymos » Wed Mar 28, 2007 1:22 pm

Response (Corey P.) 03/28/2007 10:30 AM
No, owners will receive any player they win a bid on. If
they exceed their roster limits it is their responsibility
to drop the needed players on their own so they have a legal
lineup.
Reymos
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Postby dmendro » Wed Mar 28, 2007 7:01 pm

I have another question for you. What happens if you put in a bid for a player at say $20, and then put in another bid for that same player for $22?

Now let's say noone else bids more then $20 on that player, do you get the player for $20 or $22?
dmendro
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 1)

Postby Reymos » Thu Mar 29, 2007 8:08 am

Not sure, my assumption would be that you would get the bid at $22. I am going to look into the commissioner control auction rather then starting with the auto-process.

Does anyone know if you can approve each bid on a bid by bid basis, or do I just approve the process to complete.

Thanks - Rey
Reymos
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Return to Commissioner's Corner