Please rate my squad, 1st season, i did live draft? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team

Please rate my squad, 1st season, i did live draft?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Please rate my squad, 1st season, i did live draft?

Postby captkirkcud » Tue Mar 27, 2007 4:52 am

I'm not sure on how to set up my pitchers, i know i need 1 more closer though, im trying to trade to A Kearns or G Matthews JR to get Huston Street to compliment Papelbon in the pen. Please help out a rookie, be brutal............... Rotisserie League 12 teams
C VARITEK
1B N JOHNSON
2B R DURHAM
SS J LUGO
3B S ROLEN
UTL J THOME
LF M RAMIREZ
CF ICHIRO
RF V WELLS
B D ROBERTS
B G MATTHEWS JR
B A KEARNS

SP J BECKETT
SP C ZAMBRANO
SP C SCHILLING

RP J PAPALBON
RP E GAGNE
SP B ZITO
SP G MADDUX
SP PEDRO MARTINEZ

How do u set up the pitching, how does it work if reg starters usually only pitch every 5th day, how many can you use? or do pitchers work differently than everyday players, i think i have a scary pitching staff except for maybe 1 more good closer, PAP was just moved to closer but do i need 2 (see above trade proposal) what are your thoughts?

[/list][/code][/i]
Last edited by captkirkcud on Wed Mar 28, 2007 3:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
captkirkcud Beginner
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby duckbillgates » Tue Mar 27, 2007 7:09 am

Good looking team. However, I think there are some areas to address.

Shawn Green at 1B and David Eckstein at SS everyday isn't going to work. You have probably the best outfield I have seen this year. I would move one of those guys, probably for a shortstop. Just make sure you get full value. You should get a top-notch SS for any of them.

You won't get Huston Street for Matthews or Kearns.

As for your pitching, most leagues have a maximum innings pitched limit. I prefer to use the majority of your bench slots for pitchers, not hitters as you have. You are better off having flexibility with what pitchers you start based on matchups and such. You want a hitter lineup you can plug in and leave alone.
"All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated and well supported in logic and argument than others."
— Douglas Adams (1952-2001)
duckbillgates
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Did some minor tweeking

Postby captkirkcud » Wed Mar 28, 2007 11:04 am

Thanx for some of your input, i dropped S Green and picked up Nick Johnson at 1st. Then i benched Eckstein from SS and moved Lugo over to SS. Where Lugo was at 2nd i put in R Durham. You were right, I coulnt get H Street for Mattews JR or Kearns, the guy wouldn't bite. I did put Matthews,Kearns,Eckstein,and Mulder on the trading Block to try and get 1 more quality closer. I'm still not quite sure how to manage my pitching staff or rotation, i guess i'll have to figure it out once the season starts. Thanks again for your advice, i think the minor adjustments i made are a positive thing....KJC
captkirkcud Beginner
College Coach
College Coach

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team