Paid Dues - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

Paid Dues

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Paid Dues

Postby brandnew » Mon Mar 26, 2007 11:15 pm

Did anyone in the LA area go to this on Saturday? I went and had a great time... I was a little disappointed in Sage Francis's set though, it was oddly placed... I was hoping he'd play more from Personal Journals, it was intense after Blackalicious just got everyone pumped.

I was so pissed though, I couldn't stay for Felt. How was it?
brandnew
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Art Vandelay » Mon Mar 26, 2007 11:41 pm

I didn't attend the show, but Sage Francis did say that that was his worst performance in years. He wasn't pleased with his set at all. I'm sure you're aware, but he's got a new album coming out in the beginning of May, so I'd expect that he'd play mostly new stuff for a while.

Speaking of hip-hop festivals, have you seen the lineup for Rock the Bells this year? Ridiculous! I generally prefer single shows to festivals, but if it was at all possible for me to attend, there's no way I could pass it up this year. Here's the flyer:

Art Vandelay
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby brandnew » Tue Mar 27, 2007 12:17 am

Yeah, they were hyping it up like no other at the show, it's at the same venu. They handed out the flier on the back of the lineup for Paid Dues and my jaw dropped at all the names... it was insane. Supernatural did a freestyle of all the artists playing, it was pretty cool. Where do you live?

Both Sage and Brother Ali are playing at the Glasshouse, this little venue right by me, so I'm really excited. Got a pic with Brother Ali, that was pretty cool.

Yeah, I pre-ordered the album, can't wait. He played a couple new songs... I guess the set was just too short.
brandnew
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

Return to General Talk