Yahoo steals and player I target after round 10 - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Yahoo steals and player I target after round 10

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Yahoo steals and player I target after round 10

Postby chadlincoln » Mon Mar 26, 2007 10:22 am

This is a list of guys that as I draft I say I wouldn't mind having that guy. This isn't a list that a lot of you will be surprised by. These are guys who I target every draft for my backups and guys I look to grab because they are listed lower than I think they should be on Yahoo.

C- Ianetta, Varitek, Barrett- too low
1B- Shealy, Gonzalez, Duncan, Youkilis, Conor Jackson, Mike Jacobs, Dan Johnson, Laroche, Cuddyer
2B- Kinsler, Kelly Johnson (OF now in Yahoo, will gain 2B eligibility), Burke
3B- Tracy, Gordon, Teahen, Edwin E
SS- Drew, Peralta, Tulowitsky
OF- Francoeur, Cuddyer, Chris B. Young, Duncan, Youkilis, Bonds, Roberts, Gomes, Rios- too low,
SP- Sanchez, Olsen, AJ Burnett- too low, Harden, Patterson, Kazmir- too low, Chuck James, Adam Wainright, Anthony Reyes, Garza- too low
Closers- Saito- way too low, Lidge, Torres- way too low
Middle relievers- Juan Rincon- way too low,
7/26 - Cafe goes down:

General Error
SQL ERROR [ mysql4 ]
Table './cafe_forums/baseball_sessions' is marked as crashed and should be repaired [145]
An sql error occurred while fetching this page. Please contact an administrator if this problem persists.
chadlincoln
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb Supporter
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby chipper » Mon Mar 26, 2007 11:05 am

Nice list bro.

Those guys can definately be counted on to fall back on and maximize the value of your team.
chipper
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby jupiter33 » Mon Mar 26, 2007 11:16 am

Franceour, Rios will likely go 1st out of those listed above. Chris Young is often going undrafted ( I pick him up consistently with my last pick), as is Mark Teahen.
jupiter33
College Coach
College Coach

Postby One-Hitter » Mon Mar 26, 2007 12:21 pm

nice list broham, is Tracy going to bat cleanup this year? If so then look out, he could top 100 rbis this year..

Varitek? Are you serious?
"Fans don't boo nobodies"
-Reggie Jackson
One-Hitter
College Coach
College Coach

Postby rainman23 » Mon Mar 26, 2007 12:29 pm

Saito is obscenely low. I can understand someone saying that he's not as good as last year would indicate, that we shouldn't expect that performance again. But if he's even half as good as last year, he's a middle-of-the road closer at worst. He doesn't belong anywhere near the bottom feeders that Yahoo has him listed with. Even with Broxton lurking behind him.
rainman23
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby thedude » Mon Mar 26, 2007 12:32 pm

How about Dave Bush?
"I do not think baseball of today is any better than it was 30 years ago... I still think Radbourne is the greatest of the pitchers." John Sullivan 1914-Old athletes never change.
thedude
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 2)

Postby Yoda » Mon Mar 26, 2007 12:32 pm

rainman23 wrote:Saito is obscenely low. I can understand someone saying that he's not as good as last year would indicate, that we shouldn't expect that performance again. But if he's even half as good as last year, he's a middle-of-the road closer at worst. He doesn't belong anywhere near the bottom feeders that Yahoo has him listed with. Even with Broxton lurking behind him.

Saito does not throw hard. Chances are the league will adjust to him this year (see Mr Zero, Otsuka) plus his age and injury he seems to be battling, I am predicting that he is one of the first closers to falter.
Yoda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter

Postby j_d_mcnugent » Mon Mar 26, 2007 12:43 pm

Yoda wrote:
rainman23 wrote:Saito is obscenely low. I can understand someone saying that he's not as good as last year would indicate, that we shouldn't expect that performance again. But if he's even half as good as last year, he's a middle-of-the road closer at worst. He doesn't belong anywhere near the bottom feeders that Yahoo has him listed with. Even with Broxton lurking behind him.

Saito does not throw hard. Chances are the league will adjust to him this year (see Mr Zero, Otsuka) plus his age and injury he seems to be battling, I am predicting that he is one of the first closers to falter.

i could see some similar adjustment problems and with broxton breathing down his neck i would be a little nervous.

i dont think saloman torres is going too low. i dont think he will hold the job all season.

i've seen frank thomas go pretty late. always an injury risk, but he had 39 homers last year.
back from the dead
j_d_mcnugent
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe Ranker

Postby Yoda » Mon Mar 26, 2007 12:46 pm

j_d_mcnugent wrote:
Yoda wrote:

there is also broxton breathing down his neck.

i dont think saloman torres is going too low. i dont think he will hold the job all season.

i've seen frank thomas go pretty late. always an injury risk, but he had 39 homers last year.

Yeah Torres blows. Thomas is a good one.

Some others I've noticed:

Phillips
Lugo
Haren
Taveras
Escobar
Hart
Yoda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter

Postby BitterDodgerFan » Mon Mar 26, 2007 12:58 pm

Yoda wrote:Saito does not throw hard. Chances are the league will adjust to him this year (see Mr Zero, Otsuka) plus his age and injury he seems to be battling, I am predicting that he is one of the first closers to falter.

have you seen saito's pitches? he struck out 107 in 78 innings with a 2 ERA and sub 1 WHIP! he has a nice fastball and an awesome slider with bite. obviously, there will be a dip in performance vs last yr stats, but i don't see him as one of the first closers to falter, not even close. he's as solid as they come, and i think broxton further away from being ready to take over than people think. there are bunch of guys i would put ahead of saito in terms of faltering, such as borowski and torres. i place saito ahead of guys like lidge, both cordero's, jenks, and even hoffman. i put him at the bottom at the papelbon/street tier.
BitterDodgerFan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Next

Return to Baseball Leftovers