11 Team 5x5 Roto - Rate my team - WHIR - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team

11 Team 5x5 Roto - Rate my team - WHIR

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby SpecialFNK » Mon Mar 26, 2007 11:46 pm

i agree with what some others say about 1B, that you should get someone with more power. maybe even add A Gonzalez and use him at 1B and do something else with Nomar.
personally im not high at all on Nomar, is he fully healthy? could just be me because i was burned on Nomar in the past.

is Weeks fully healthy? i thought i read somewhere earlier in spring training hat he was still having heath issues? or maybe he is fully recovered.

2 solid closers in Rivera and Ryan, and then 2 guys who could be closers.. but also could not become closers, so maybe an additional 3rd closer should be added who is certain to attleast start the season as a closer?

i like the 2nd tier type starters.. Santana, Hill, Young, and Cain has top potential.. but maybe it would be good to have a good solid consistant ace type starter?

just some suggestions, others might know better than i do.
SpecialFNK
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy Expert
(Past Year: 72)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby The River » Tue Mar 27, 2007 3:06 pm

I don't like Nomar starting at all and I'm just not feeling Weeks. That's about it.
The River
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby KinCetta » Tue Mar 27, 2007 3:53 pm

:-t I like Arod/Bay/Berkman..maybe Pierre this year, and that's about it. Guillen and Nomar (maybe even thome) should be considered serious injury risks. Nomar at first just might be the weakest person you could put at that position, I'm sure you could do much better even if your agency pool is thin by grabbing a conor jackson type, same amount of upside, trade a declining average for power and rbis. Other problem on offense is martin, weeks, cain(maybe best of this list), zumaya, broxton, young, santana, hill and wainwright all lack serious experience and are unproven. Looks like you reached on two great closers, but can two closers get the 90 saves your team needs to be in the hunt if broxton and zumaya stay as is? I like lackey and young, but could see your team at a considerable loss for wins (no way ervin gets 16 again). Thats just my opinion, I had a team similar to this and it got me nowhere. Take care.
Baseball is reassuring. It makes me feel as if the world is not going to blow up. ~Sharon Olds, This Sporting Life, 1987
KinCetta
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Postby ChiTownEBOW » Tue Mar 27, 2007 4:25 pm

I see this team and say well he focused on batting at the expense of some 2nd and 3rd tier pitchers. But then I see nomar at 1B and scratch my head.

Clearly this wasn't your strategy then. It looks like you focused on high risk/reward pitchers but didn't add some insurance to your bats. What 1B and OF are on WW? Look for someone to replace nomar and drop Alou's sorry ass.

Dont worry about the closer situation. You'll see Zumaya get his day soon enough.

SNATCH UP GONZALEZ NOW! He'll give you a ton of missing power at that position.

Consider dealing E. Santana and Wainwright for a serious ACE and a third tier closer. That should make you all set.

Help a brother out:
http://www.fantasybaseballcafe.com/foru ... p?t=262713
ChiTownEBOW
College Coach
College Coach

Postby canadastar » Tue Mar 27, 2007 5:42 pm

I also think Thome and Nomar are going to be hurt, so I would trade one or both of them for a stable hitting star. Deal away Cain and Rich Hill to someone buying their hype for a bonafide ace. With what you have then, you will be good to go.

Help me!
http://www.fantasybaseballcafe.com/foru ... highlight=
canadastar
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: 5)

Previous

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team