Rafael Furcal: Where is he now going in drafts? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Rafael Furcal: Where is he now going in drafts?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby raygunpunx » Sun Mar 25, 2007 10:50 pm

TheRock wrote:
raygunpunx wrote:
teddy ballgame wrote:I haven't seen any drafts where he went 2nd or 3rd round. 4th is the earliest, and now that he's injured probably 6th is better.

If he is going 6th can I be in your league. Most leagues before the injury he was going in the 3rd round.

I had planned on drafting him in the third round of my 14 team draft yesterday. Bobby Abreu was still out there so I couldn't pass him up. Too my amazment Furcal was still out there for me at the end of the 4th.

Furcals' ADP on Yahoo and ESPN is mid to late 4th round. I think he belonged more late 3rd/early 4th, maybe a slight bump down with the injury, but the latest reports have him ready for opening day.

Saying that my league left him out into the 4th round is alot different then being left until the 6th round

Funny that you insult the man's league, then turn around and say your own peeps left him out there til pick 56. B-)
raygunpunx
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby GreatestShowOnEarth » Sun Mar 25, 2007 10:53 pm

As a furcal owner im still worried about him. Even if he is ready to play on Opening day you've got to think that the ankle injury is goign to hurt his SB production. At the very least it would be in the back of his and Little's mind.
GreatestShowOnEarth
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Cafe Writer
Home Cafe: Football

Postby raygunpunx » Sun Mar 25, 2007 10:56 pm

Average Draft position

Fox Sports - 44
Yahoo - 42
Rotoauthority - 41
raygunpunx
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby jbauer2485 » Sun Mar 25, 2007 10:57 pm

Furcal didn't get touched until after the 5th in all my leagues this year.
jbauer2485
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 3)

Postby TheRock » Sun Mar 25, 2007 10:59 pm

raygunpunx wrote:Average Draft position

Fox Sports - 44
Yahoo - 42
Rotoauthority - 41

What's that say about your league then? :-?

Sorry man, you started hurling the insults. I'm just saying perhaps it wasn't called for. You took him at 56 and you're a genius. Someone suggests 6th round in a 12 team league or around pick 60 and he's a moron? Touchy about those 4 picks don't you think?
TheRock
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe WriterMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 6)

Postby raygunpunx » Sun Mar 25, 2007 11:06 pm

TheRock wrote:

Fox Sports - 44
Yahoo - 42
Rotoauthority - 41

Sorry man, you started hurling the insults. I'm just saying perhaps it wasn't called for. You took him at 56 and you're a genius. Someone suggests 6th round in a 12 team league or around pick 60 and he's a moron? Touchy about those 4 picks don't you think?

First of all he never said it was a 12 team league. 2nd Its pick 60 if its beggining of 6th round. 72 if its the end. I said I was very happy to get him at pick 55 in my league. If he's going 10 or more picks later well like I said before if its a money league I'll be happy to play in it.
raygunpunx
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby teddy ballgame » Sun Mar 25, 2007 11:44 pm

raygunpunx wrote:
TheRock wrote:

Fox Sports - 44
Yahoo - 42
Rotoauthority - 41

First of all he never said it was a 12 team league. 2nd Its pick 60 if its beggining of 6th round. 72 if its the end. I said I was very happy to get him at pick 55 in my league. If he's going 10 or more picks later well like I said before if its a money league I'll be happy to play in it.

Before you keep insulting me, why don't you reread my post. When did I say that he went in the 6th in my league? I said that I hadn't seen him go in the 3rd (which other people in this thread have also said) and that now that he's injured I think he should drop down to the 6th. I never said that he dropped there in my league, so you can stop putting words in my mouth.

And as I said before, if you're going to take a guy with a bum ankle when his value rests entirely on speed in the 4th round, I'd love to have you in my league.
teddy ballgame
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby BillyHallDisciple » Mon Mar 26, 2007 12:48 am

Some of us came to this thread to read about Rafael Furcal, not two guys arguing with each other. Go the Private Message route if you really want to insult each other that bad, nobody else really cares.
BillyHallDisciple
General Manager
General Manager

Postby KCollins1304 » Mon Mar 26, 2007 1:23 am

I don't really see the ankle being a big deal. I've sprained my ankles more times than I can remember. He's gonna stay off it for a while, but it's not really in the same category as how a pulled hammy or quad would affect your running. Once you loosen up a sprained ankle, you forget that it is even hurt once you get your adrenaline pumping.
KCollins1304
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby TheA'sFatLeadoffMan » Mon Mar 26, 2007 2:26 am

Aren't I lucky I just got him late 8th :)
TheA'sFatLeadoffMan
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers