Rafael Furcal: Where is he now going in drafts? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Rafael Furcal: Where is he now going in drafts?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Rafael Furcal: Where is he now going in drafts?

Postby Diggs » Sun Mar 25, 2007 9:51 pm

Furcal was a late 2nd-to-late 3rd round pick in most drafts prior to his ankle injury last Thursday. Has that changed? The latest update I've seen has quotes from Rafael saying he expects to be able to go opening night.

My draft is this Tuesday and I had hoped to draft the BPA in rounds 1 and 2, then hopefully grab one of the Derek Jeter, Hanley Ramirez, Jimmy Rollins, Rafael Furcal type SS's in Round 3. Can I use Furcal's injury as a way to potentially "roll the dice" and be able to grab him later now in maybe round 4 or 5, etc?

Who drafted this weekend and where did Furcal go?
I am a New York Jets, New York Mets, and New York Knicks fan. I know misery like few other sports fans know ...
Diggs
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby teddy ballgame » Sun Mar 25, 2007 9:53 pm

I haven't seen any drafts where he went 2nd or 3rd round. 4th is the earliest, and now that he's injured probably 6th is better.
teddy ballgame
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby raygunpunx » Sun Mar 25, 2007 10:09 pm

teddy ballgame wrote:I haven't seen any drafts where he went 2nd or 3rd round. 4th is the earliest, and now that he's injured probably 6th is better.

If he is going 6th can I be in your league. Most leagues before the injury he was going in the 3rd round.

I had planned on drafting him in the third round of my 14 team draft yesterday. Bobby Abreu was still out there so I couldn't pass him up. Too my amazment Furcal was still out there for me at the end of the 4th.
raygunpunx
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby alec03 » Sun Mar 25, 2007 10:19 pm

teddy ballgame wrote:I haven't seen any drafts where he went 2nd or 3rd round. 4th is the earliest, and now that he's injured probably 6th is better.

agreed

i believe i got him in 5th round in my league.
^thanks to Chargersfan36!^
alec03
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Graphics Expert

Postby teddy ballgame » Sun Mar 25, 2007 10:27 pm

raygunpunx wrote:

If he is going 6th can I be in your league. Most leagues before the injury he was going in the 3rd round.

I had planned on drafting him in the third round of my 14 team draft yesterday. Bobby Abreu was still out there so I couldn't pass him up. Too my amazment Furcal was still out there for me at the end of the 4th.

I'd love to have you in my league if you're going to take a guy who has a bum ankle when his value rests entirely on speed in the 3rd or 4th round. We'll let you have Figgins too. ;-D
teddy ballgame
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby raygunpunx » Sun Mar 25, 2007 10:35 pm

teddy ballgame wrote:
raygunpunx wrote:

I'd love to have you in my league if you're going to take a guy who has a bum ankle when his value rests entirely on speed in the 3rd or 4th round. We'll let you have Figgins too. ;-D

You said before he got injured you didn't see him being taken in the 3rd round. Every expert draft had him going in the 3rd round.

Figgins is out at least 5 to 6 weeks. Last I heard Furcal is on track to start the season.
raygunpunx
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby LukeW9027 » Sun Mar 25, 2007 10:37 pm

I've never seem Furcal go that high either. I think he usually goes around rounds 5-6 and it should stay that way. here is an update from Rotoworld...

Rafael Furcal (ankle) said his recent MRI came back negative and he expects to be ready for Opening Day.

"I think so. I think I'll be ready for (Opening Day)," he said. "It's still a little sore, not 100 percent, but it's feeling very good, better than before." He is walking without crutches and the swelling is still apparent, but reduced significantly from the day of the injury.
Source: Dodgers.mlb.com
Blind Bidders Auction Keeper League- League Champ
Cafe Bums- Last Place
LukeW9027
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 2)

Postby IllinoisBandit » Sun Mar 25, 2007 10:39 pm

He was going in the 4th-5th in the drafts I've been in. Personally, I think I'd avoid him now, though.
IllinoisBandit
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby roninmedia » Sun Mar 25, 2007 10:47 pm

I back up the fact that Furcal was going in the 4th and 5th round before his injury. Only in one league I was in did Furcal go in the 3rd and that was due to an early SS run.
roninmedia
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

CafeholicEagle Eye

Postby TheRock » Sun Mar 25, 2007 10:49 pm

raygunpunx wrote:

Furcals' ADP on Yahoo and ESPN is mid to late 4th round. I think he belonged more late 3rd/early 4th, maybe a slight bump down with the injury, but the latest reports have him ready for opening day.

Funny that you insult the man's league, then turn around and say your own peeps left him out there til pick 56. B-)
TheRock
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe WriterMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 6)

Next

Return to Baseball Leftovers