Pedro - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Injuries & Player Updates

Pedro

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Pedro

Postby bologna_sandwich » Sun Mar 25, 2007 8:20 pm

I've been reading from Rotoworld that Pedro is making good progress.....he may pitch immediately following the All-Star game and yesterday he threw 125 pitches from 75 feet. And is said to be looking good.

Is he worth a late round(20th-21st) round draft pick??
My league has a DL spot and I wouldnt mind stashing him for the 2nd half of the year.
bologna_sandwich
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby dracovonborax » Sun Mar 25, 2007 8:39 pm

i think he is definately worth a stash. we drafted last sat. night and i drafted him for $1. it's a keeper league..looking forward to keeping him next year for $6. :)
dracovonborax
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby smoovethug » Sun Mar 25, 2007 9:11 pm

He's definately worth a DL spot IMO. I drafted him in the 21st (out of 23 rounds) in my league. But then again my league has 3 DL spots so it makes much more sense from my standpoint. Still it is a very good investment for the 2nd half of the season. ;-D

Hal·la·day, n. 1. every fifth day in Philadelphia. 2. a day of rest for the bullpen. 3. innings eater. 4. doc. 5. ace.
smoovethug
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertGolden Eagle EyeWeb SupporterLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
(Past Year: 23)

Postby DbacksRback » Sun Mar 25, 2007 9:27 pm

hes not listed for the dl in yahoo but will be soon i hope. I dropped scott shields for him hoping to put pedro on the dl and picking him back up

DbacksRback
General Manager
General Manager

Lucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 57)

Postby HKDflip » Mon Mar 26, 2007 11:07 am

Sounds great! Pedro should be back to his form in the 2nd half, definately pick him up
2004 Curs3 R3v3rs3d
HKDflip
College Coach
College Coach

Postby The Loveable Losers » Mon Mar 26, 2007 11:51 am

Hey, I've been wondering something about Pedro and would love anyone familiar with the injury to post an update here...

There are people saying he may not be back this year and even the optimists are saying August. At the same time Pedro is out there throwing from 125 feet in MARCH. Something here doesn't add up for me but it may just be that I need more details on the rehab process for the surgery that he had. Seems to me a guy that can long-toss from 125 feet shouldn't be more than a month or two away but no one - even the most optimistic people - are saying anything better than 4+ months.
The Loveable Losers
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterWeb Supporter

Postby mrubino » Mon Mar 26, 2007 1:45 pm

omar minaya doesnt want any pressure on him to come back too early. thats why they are talking around august. minaya said that people shouldnt expect anything from him this year, that next year is when he should be 100% for the whole season. they are walking on eggshells with him because they dont really know how hard he'll be able to throw until he gets on a mound. the other aspect is his control from not throwing for all these months. honestly fellas, no one will be able to tell you anything until some time passes. youre gonna hear some people say he'll be fine and others that say wait and see. realistically the mets probably wont have to rush him back if maine, perez, and pelfrey hold up the back end of the rotation. plus remember, he is going to need a full "spring training" when he does get back into the swing of things. expect a month in the minors.
mrubino
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby The Loveable Losers » Mon Mar 26, 2007 1:54 pm

mrubino wrote:omar minaya doesnt want any pressure on him to come back too early. thats why they are talking around august. minaya said that people shouldnt expect anything from him this year, that next year is when he should be 100% for the whole season. they are walking on eggshells with him because they dont really know how hard he'll be able to throw until he gets on a mound. the other aspect is his control from not throwing for all these months. honestly fellas, no one will be able to tell you anything until some time passes. youre gonna hear some people say he'll be fine and others that say wait and see. realistically the mets probably wont have to rush him back if maine, perez, and pelfrey hold up the back end of the rotation. plus remember, he is going to need a full "spring training" when he does get back into the swing of things. expect a month in the minors.

That makes a bit more sense. From what you're saying he could toe the rubber and pitch in a month or two (maybe sooner) but the velocity might not be back yet, the command could be sketchy...we just don't know. He could be back much earlier or never depending on how his arm reacts to the surgery and that's something we won't know until it unfolds. Toss in NY spin control and you've got a situation where reality might not match the spin on a fairly regular basis.
The Loveable Losers
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterWeb Supporter

Postby mrubino » Mon Mar 26, 2007 5:31 pm

you got it.
mrubino
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby flooredyas » Wed Mar 28, 2007 9:59 am

I drafted him in my CBS league and am encouraged by the latest news on him. However, our league, with 2 DL spots, only allows players on the DL as MLB lists them, for me to place him there. Just wonder why the Mets haven't designated him there just yet? Hopefully that designation will come upon the finalization of their opening day roster.
flooredyas
College Coach
College Coach

Next

Return to Injuries & Player Updates