Yahoo! Champions league--what to make of this funky bunch? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team

Yahoo! Champions league--what to make of this funky bunch?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Yahoo! Champions league--what to make of this funky bunch?

Postby Geek » Sun Mar 25, 2007 8:17 pm

5X5 roto

C--Ramon Hernandez (11.01)
1b--Albert Pujols (1.01)
2b--Brandon Phillips (12.12)
3b--Mark Teahen (15.01)
SS--Jimmy Rollings (2.12)
OF: Matt Holliday (3.01)
OF: Johnny Damon (4.48)
OF: Nick Swisher (10.12)
Util: Frank Thomas: (17.01)
BN: Barry Bonds (18.12)
BN: Dave Roberts (20.12)
BN: Chris Burke (21.01)

SP1: Daisuke Matsuzaka (6.12)
SP2: Brett Myers (7.01)
SP3: Dan Haren (8.12)
SP4: Bronson Arroyo (13.01)
SP5: Anthony Reyes (19.01
RP1: Billy Wagner (4.12)
RP2: Chris Ray (9.01)
RP3: Ryan Dempster (14.12)
RP4: Jonathan Broxton (16.12)

Overall, I like this team but the pitching seems just a bit shaky. Wagner and Damon felt a bit like reaches, but they were the best players for my team, if not the best players available in an absolute sense.

Pitching went way early--I normally like to wait until the seventh round to draft a SP if possible. I felt lucky that Dice-K was still on the board.
Geek
General Manager
General Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby dooz » Sun Mar 25, 2007 8:26 pm

I like this team. May be a little light on speed but considered the value used to make that staff, I like it a lot. You should have quite nice power numbers. Hard to say without going through AB projections but your avg seems to be doing quite well as well. Nice job.

How do you get into a champions league? Is it only for public leagues? I don't play public leagues but if I did and won, next year I could join a champions league? I'm just trying to get good competition so I'd be willing to deal with the BS of the public league if I could move on.
dooz
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 9)

Postby Geek » Sun Mar 25, 2007 8:29 pm

dooz wrote:I like this team. May be a little light on speed but considered the value used to make that staff, I like it a lot. You should have quite nice power numbers. Hard to say without going through AB projections but your avg seems to be doing quite well as well. Nice job.

How do you get into a champions league? Is it only for public leagues? I don't play public leagues but if I did and won, next year I could join a champions league? I'm just trying to get good competition so I'd be willing to deal with the BS of the public league if I could move on.

If you win at least one public league, you're eligible to play in a champions/winners league the following year.

My Sb's actually aren't that bad--Rollins should steal 35+, Phillips and Damon should steal 20+, and Teahen, Holliday and Pujols can even chip in with about ten each.

If that fails, I'll just give Dave Roberts some playing time.
Geek
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Subversive » Sun Mar 25, 2007 8:30 pm

Looks pretty good to me. You grabbed good value pitchers, and your offense looks very solid to me. I like Swisher to have a huge year this year. You're above average at C, 1B, SS, OF, and around average at 2B, 3B, Util. As the other poster said, speed might be an issue, but you can always trade an OF for a pitcher and plug Roberts in there. I like it.

Mine please:
http://www.fantasybaseballcafe.com/foru ... p?t=261900
Bah, humbug.
Subversive
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby dooz » Sun Mar 25, 2007 8:31 pm

Yeah, your right about your speed. Dice-K could be an amazing pitcher. Huge upside and where you got him, I like it even more.

So, when you signed up for a public league there was an option to join a winners league rather then a normal one? I guess I am going to have to join a public league.
dooz
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby Geek » Sun Mar 25, 2007 8:34 pm

dooz wrote:Yeah, your right about your speed. Dice-K could be an amazing pitcher. Huge upside and where you got him, I like it even more.

So, when you signed up for a public league there was an option to join a winners league rather then a normal one? I guess I am going to have to join a public league.

I won a league with this ID last year, so this year I was eligible to join a winners' league.

You can only choose four teams per Yahoo! ID, so I have a few Yahoo ID's to keep up with my roto addiction.
Geek
General Manager
General Manager

Postby dooz » Sun Mar 25, 2007 8:36 pm

haha, im maxed on my current ID too but I might make another one for public leagues.

Thanks.
dooz
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby The Artful Dodger » Sun Mar 25, 2007 8:41 pm

All in all, not bad. Solid balance all around. Rollins is perhaps your only primary basestealer as a regular. You might be a little short-changed on power with Pujols, Holliday, Swisher, and Thomas providing 40 HR caliber power, but I don't think it'll be an immediately major issue. The pitching can be quite good especially if Matsuzaka lives up to his potential to the extent he can be relied on as a solid borderline #1/2. I like Myers and Haren a good deal. The RP core is off to a good start with Wagner and Ray and needless to say, if Broxton takes over closing duties some time during the year, he could be that extra oomph in saves.

It's kinda like the Old Cafe - http://fbc2.freeforums.net
The Artful Dodger
Chief Wikitect
Chief Wikitect

CafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 670)

Postby Geek » Sun Mar 25, 2007 8:43 pm

Just to show you how crazy the pitching selections were:

1.03-- Johan Santana
2.05-- Joe Nathan
2.10-- Chris Carpenter
2.11-- Roy Halladay
3.02-- Brandon Webb
3.08-- Roy Oswalt
3.09-- Jake Peavy
3.12-- Carlos Zambrano
4.01-- John Smoltz
4.04-- BJ Ryan
4.05-- Francisco Rodriguez
4.09 --Jeremy Bonderman
4.12-- Billy Wagner*
5.02--Felix Hernandez
5.08-- John Lackey
5.10-- CC Sabathia
6.01--Mariano Rivera
6.03--Huston Street
6.11--Trevor Hoffman

So, yeah I was thanking my lucky stars that Dice-K and Myers were still around.
Geek
General Manager
General Manager

Postby alec03 » Sun Mar 25, 2007 8:53 pm

personally i think you took rollins too early, other than that good team ;-D

those are some weird picks, nathan in 2nd round!!!
^thanks to Chargersfan36!^
alec03
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Graphics Expert

Next

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team