How stacked is my team? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team

How stacked is my team?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

How stacked is my team?

Postby ILLZ » Sun Mar 25, 2007 7:59 pm

9 team, 5 keeper, standard 5x5 rotisserie.

C - Piercynski
1B - Pujols
2B - Kent
3B - A Rod
SS - Furcal
OF - Crawford
OF - C. Lee
OF - Delmon Young
UTIL - Thome
BN - LaRoche
BN - Wigginton
BN - O. Cabrera
BN - Gomes

SP - Felix
SP - Bedard
SP - Matsuzaka
SP - Harden
SP - Patterson
SP - D. Cabrera
SP - Oliver Perez
RP - F. Cordero
RP - Lidge

Our league allows us to keep up to 2 SP's on the bench that cannot enter the rotation unless someone else is cut. Basically out of those 7 SP's I'm pretty sure 4 will be healthy and nasty. My only weakness is RP as far as I can tell.
ILLZ
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby ravensjohnny » Sun Mar 25, 2007 8:02 pm

dont know how you managed pujols arod and crawford, other than that though i would not say stacked at all
ravensjohnny
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby ILLZ » Mon Mar 26, 2007 1:36 am

Where do you think I'm weak other than RP? Out of those 7 SP's I'm confident 4 can be healthy and really good. Obviously 2B and C are weak spots but who cares, its C and 2B. Between Kent and Wigginton I think one will be decent. My OF is stacked and even if Thome finally has his fall off year I have LaRoche who I think is a lock for 280-30-90 with a 300-45-120 upside.
ILLZ
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby Guzman24 » Mon Mar 26, 2007 1:42 am

ravensjohnny wrote:dont know how you managed pujols arod and crawford, other than that though i would not say stacked at all

I dont know how you got Pujols, Arod and Crawford either.....those are 3 first rounders.

Nice team but i think you could improve your staff. For a 9 team league Cabrera and O.Perez should not even be taken and your closers are definitely below avg.

Help if you can:
http://www.fantasybaseballcafe.com/foru ... highlight=
Guzman24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 1)

Postby ILLZ » Mon Mar 26, 2007 2:07 am

My 5 keepers were Pujols, Crawford, A Rod, Lee, and Felix... I won last year.

My pitching could completely fall apart, I agree, I'm rolling the dice. The thing I like about Cabrera and Perez is that we can't use our 6th and 7th pitchers, so I figure what's the point of drafting Lilly, Glavine, etc., when I can take these guys with huge upsides (albeit unlikely), and just drop them if they suck and play the scrap heap if need be. Tehy'll have no negative impact on my team if they suck except that I'll be a few weeks behind on FA pickups.
ILLZ
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby vinsanity » Mon Mar 26, 2007 3:14 am

I love the offense. I like Felix, Dice-K, and Harden if he's healthy. But in a 9 team league no guys are out there like Ian Snell, Hell Adam Wainwright or Anthony Reyes. Kelvim Escobar? Clemens? Noah Lowry? Even Matt Cain or Jered Weaver or CC Sabathia or Bartolo Colon? All are guys who are young or coming off injury so they could be had pretty cheap and that would really add some depth to your rotation.

Who are some of the pitchers left on your WW?

http://www.fantasybaseballcafe.com/foru ... p?t=262116
If ya can: http://www.fantasybaseballcafe.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=2250588#2250588
vinsanity
College Coach
College Coach

Postby Elsy » Mon Mar 26, 2007 4:17 am

In a 9 team league you should definately have a better C than AJ Piersynski.
Elsy
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 43)

Postby ILLZ » Wed Mar 28, 2007 6:01 pm

What C would be better than AJ Piercynski? The best available are IROD, Varitek, Molina. Yuck. What is the difference between a "good" catcher like Victor Martinez and Piercynski anyways? Not much, power could wash, neither are stealing bases and Victor will give you some more AVG. Big deal... to hell with catchers unless you have Mauer, who you'd have to reach for anyways.

As for the suggestions for my pitching staff... every guy you listed except for Lowry and Colon are on rosters. Who would you substitute with whom? I think you have to admit that 4 of my 7 guys are going to be healthy and really good. All of them are healthy right now, and they all look relatively well in spring training. Obviously Perez is a long shot, but other than that I love everybody's chances. Bedard and Felix were both healthy and exceptional last year. Daisuke? Opinions differ, and the wide spectrum is available. Patterson was good when healthy and was great in '05. We all know Harden's ability level. Cabrera will be dominant if he can ever find some control.
ILLZ
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team