KEVIN BROWN - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

KEVIN BROWN

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby Transmogrifier » Thu Dec 11, 2003 8:33 pm

ESPNEWS just reported that Boras said the deal isn't done yet.
I'm back. Sorta.

Do not boo Johnny.
Transmogrifier
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 Survivor
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby DieHardCubbie » Thu Dec 11, 2003 10:39 pm

Area51's wrote:Best deal they have since :-? ...........well............ :-? :-?

I'm trying to think of another good move they have done. Lets see.....Strawberry, Eric Davis, Brown, Carlos Perez, FREAKING Darren Dreifort, letting Sheffield AND Piazza out of town.....

Congrats on the Dodgers first good deal.....EVER! ;-D

Don't forget about taking Hundley off our hands.....that was a good move by the Dodgers.... ;-)
[b]Useless Trivia of the day[/b]

England's Worcester Canoe Club set the world record for paddling a hand-propelled bathtub. The 25 man team covered a distance of 55 miles, 425 yards in 24 hours on September 28 and 29, 1979.
DieHardCubbie
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberPick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby HOOTIE » Fri Dec 12, 2003 1:41 am

Yankee fans were crying in WS, why did Torre bring Weaver in? Now, that he's moved, Yank fans are crying over Jeff again?
Smells Like Teen Spirit
HOOTIE
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 296)
Location: Pearl Jam country, right next door to Nirvana, Soundgarden, and Alice in Chains.

Postby mtarail » Fri Dec 12, 2003 1:44 am

Yeah, I'll bet the farm that Schilling has a healthier year than Brown. Pedro is another story.
Bluto: Over? Did you say over? NOTHING is over until WE decide it is! Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? HELL, NO!
Otter: Germans?
Boon: Forget it, he's rolling.
mtarail
General Manager
General Manager

Postby blankman » Fri Dec 12, 2003 8:49 am

HOOTIE wrote:Yankee fans were crying in WS, why did Torre bring Weaver in? Now, that he's moved, Yank fans are crying over Jeff again?

I'm sure as hell not complaining about getting rid of the headcase ;-D
blankman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert

Postby trevisc » Fri Dec 12, 2003 9:12 am

I didn't read all the posts on this thread but I would just like to say that I will be looking to get Weaver in this year's draft. LA is an awesome park to pitch in and his numbers should show it. I look for Kevin Brown to break down by the allstar break.
trevisc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe Ranker
Location: Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2004,2005 Keeper League Champion

Postby Fool42 » Fri Dec 12, 2003 10:24 am

Brown while overpriced will put up better #'s than Pettitte will. What was all the hype over AP anyway? Always a decent pitcher but has had the luxury of pitching with one the all time dominant teams (relative to their era) since he entered the bigs. His ERA and WHIP have always been a little high for my tastes and now he plays in one of the top hitters parks in baseball. If Kevin Brown stays healthy he can contend for the AL CY. His ERA may take a little hit but I expect it to be around 3.3 and with the Yankees offense 20 wins should be a given. Of course staying healthy is the key which is why he's a little of a gamble, ok a big gamble. The way I see it is that the Yanks have three potential 20 game winners in Brown, Vasquez, and Moose, a decent fourth guy in Contreras, and some questionable choices at the number 5 spot. Thats without taking Wells into consideration( because I don't know what his situation is).
Fool42
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby eftda » Fri Dec 12, 2003 11:13 am

Area51's wrote:
kentx12 wrote:Whyyyyyy would the Dodgers do that trade. Weaver sucks were they just trying to dump Brown's salary anyway thew could???

They just need to dump some pitching $$ so they can spend some hitting dollars. A mental and cheap Jeff Weaver is better than a 38 year old potentially-DL'ed Kevin Brown, especially with their poor excuse for an offense. PLUS they get cash and a few farmhands. ;-D

Best deal they have since :-? ...........well............ :-? :-?

I'm trying to think of another good move they have done. Lets see.....Strawberry, Eric Davis, Brown, Carlos Perez, FREAKING Darren Dreifort, letting Sheffield AND Piazza out of town.....

what about that 'little' trade of Green for Mondsi! :-?
eftda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Area51's » Fri Dec 12, 2003 11:16 am

eftda wrote:
Area51's wrote:
kentx12 wrote:Whyyyyyy would the Dodgers do that trade. Weaver sucks were they just trying to dump Brown's salary anyway thew could???

They just need to dump some pitching $$ so they can spend some hitting dollars. A mental and cheap Jeff Weaver is better than a 38 year old potentially-DL'ed Kevin Brown, especially with their poor excuse for an offense. PLUS they get cash and a few farmhands. ;-D

Best deal they have since :-? ...........well............ :-? :-?

what about that 'little' trade of Green for Mondsi! :-?

Exactly! mtarail caught me on that on page 2 of this post...and I fell on the proverbial sword. So they have made a few decent ones.....and a WHOLE lot of bad signings/trades. Usually Montreal owns us in trades.....
If I were playing third base and my mother were rounding third with the run that was going to beat us, I'd trip her. Oh, I'd pick her up and brush her off and say, 'Sorry, Mom,' but nobody beats me.
Leo Durocher, Brooklyn Dodgers Manager
Area51's
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby Pogotheostrich » Fri Dec 12, 2003 11:32 am

Fool42 wrote: Thats without taking Wells into consideration( because I don't know what his situation is).

NYY signed him to a minor league deal.

Area51's wrote:[ Usually Montreal owns us in trades.....

Sounds like someone is still bitter about Pedro. Lasorda said he wasn't big enough to be an ace.
Pogotheostrich
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 305)

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers