Important Yahoo Question?? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Important Yahoo Question??

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Important Yahoo Question??

Postby One-Hitter » Sun Mar 25, 2007 7:30 pm

What time at night do the players clear waivers for tomorrow??

My league just started and I put in for a few waiver wire pickups.

First, I want to see if i got the players that i wanted but i don't to stay up all night clicking on the refresh button. Second, I want to have the first crack at all the rest of the FA's who may have gotten overlooked and I don't mind setting my alarm clock to wake up in the middle of the night to do so. I know, I know, I am a complete freak for doing this but it is a competitive league and i want any edge that i can get. TYIA for your help.
"Fans don't boo nobodies"
-Reggie Jackson
One-Hitter
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Niffoc4 » Sun Mar 25, 2007 7:34 pm

3 am EST all of the players on waivers who were not claimed become free agents. Around 3:20am waiver claims are processed.
This gives you an opening, where at 3 or 3:05 you can look at the WW for a player who you were hoping would clear waivers... if he hasn't cleared yet then you can put in your claim and still get him. I have done this in a couple of my leagues.
I hope that makes sense.
Niffoc4
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 9)

Postby chipper » Sun Mar 25, 2007 7:39 pm

Niffoc4 wrote:3 am EST all of the players on waivers who were not claimed become free agents. Around 3:20am waiver claims are processed.
This gives you an opening, where at 3 or 3:05 you can look at the WW for a player who you were hoping would clear waivers... if he hasn't cleared yet then you can put in your claim and still get him. I have done this in a couple of my leagues.
I hope that makes sense.

So you're saying if you don't want to waste your waiver priority, you can wait until that opening, at which point you can see if they made it through or not?
chipper
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby BitterDodgerFan » Sun Mar 25, 2007 7:47 pm

Niffoc4 wrote:3 am EST all of the players on waivers who were not claimed become free agents. Around 3:20am waiver claims are processed.
I hope that makes sense.

does that work all season or just post draft? i remember i did this post draft but not rest of the season last yr.
BitterDodgerFan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby teddy ballgame » Sun Mar 25, 2007 7:52 pm

BitterDodgerFan wrote:
I hope that makes sense.

does that work all season or just post draft? i remember i did this post draft but not rest of the season last yr.

What do you mean post draft? The entire season is post draft. Do you mean before the season starts?
teddy ballgame
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Fade2White12 » Sun Mar 25, 2007 7:54 pm

I think he means directly after the draft when all players on Waivers.
Fade2White12
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 41)

Postby teddy ballgame » Sun Mar 25, 2007 7:58 pm

Fade2White12 wrote:I think he means directly after the draft when all players on Waivers.

Ahh, that makes sense.
teddy ballgame
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Niffoc4 » Sun Mar 25, 2007 10:11 pm

I don't know if it works all the time or that first waiver after the draft... I normally am not around to check... but it is a nice advantage for those of us who stay up really late or live on the other side of the world (like me).
Yes, that means that you can check if you need to burn a waiver priority. I used it to nab Mike Napoli in my AL-Only league.

My question... is it ethical?
Niffoc4
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 9)

Postby BitterDodgerFan » Sun Mar 25, 2007 10:46 pm

teddy ballgame wrote:
Fade2White12 wrote:I think he means directly after the draft when all players on Waivers.

Ahh, that makes sense.

yea thats what i mean. last year i was able to pick up maddux that way, but it only worked for me post draft before season started. maybe i didn't look carefully during the season, but i definitely know what you guys are talking about.
BitterDodgerFan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Return to Baseball Leftovers