AL EAST PREDICTIONS - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

AL EAST PREDICTIONS

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

AL EAST PREDICTIONS

Postby yeyo44 » Thu Dec 11, 2003 2:37 pm

Since Madison did such a great Job on the AL- West I want to tackle the AL - East, I hope I'm not stepping on any toes Madison. Well here I go:

1. Boston Redsox - Pitching wins titles, and would you look at that the Sox have a crap load of it. Look at the starting rotation 1.Pedro, 2. Schilling, 3. Lowe, 4. Wakefield, 5.Kim, this will only get better if they get Washburn. Plus they have the hitting to back up the pitching. Besides the usual cast of characters look for Ortiz to keep on keeping on and make big #'s once again.

2. New York Yankess - Even though the boss spends great money he hasn't won it in awhile and this year is no different, the hitting is there and probably will always be, if sheff signs its a plus, but who knows how Giambi will be, and if Boone and Soriano don't pick it up, they might drop to 3rd.

3. Toronto Blue Jays - Delgado is the man, and expect the same from this guy, he wants to win. It does hurt to have Halladay either. Only thing that scares me is the rest of the pitching staff, and closer issue. Also expect more of the same from Wells and a breakout year from Hudson.

4. Baltimore O's - This team will only succeed if acouple of things happen thety sign two of these 4 guys: Vlad, Tejada, Lopez, Ponson. If they do I expect big things in the coming years. Starting pitching needs to get alot better, and they need a closer. Gibbons is the man and so is Matos.

5. Tampa Bay Devil Rays - Lou got them more competetive last year, and expect more of the same. Baldelli and Huff are the corner stones of this team, they shold sign them to long term deals. Tino Martinez was a nice touch for the fans, but I like the fact that they are young, go sign some pitching and see us in 7 years.

I hope all enjoyed this prediction, let me know what you think.
yeyo44
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby MashinSpuds » Thu Dec 11, 2003 2:46 pm

I think your Bob Dylan reference in the Red Sox prediction was key.
MashinSpuds
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterCafe RankerEagle EyeCafecaster
(Past Year: 109)

Re: AL EAST PREDICTIONS

Postby Pogotheostrich » Thu Dec 11, 2003 2:51 pm

yeyo44 wrote:I hope all enjoyed this prediction, let me know what you think.

I think it is a little early for predictions. NY, Boston, and Baltimore certainly aren't done adding. TB and Toronto are also rumored to be looking at a few free agents.
Pogotheostrich
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 378)

Re: AL EAST PREDICTIONS

Postby Transmogrifier » Thu Dec 11, 2003 3:13 pm

yeyo44 wrote:Look at the starting rotation 1.Pedro, 2. Schilling, 3. Lowe, 4. Wakefield, 5.Kim, this will only get better if they get Washburn.

I actually agree with the order, but I don't think the Sox want Washburn, and neither do I, the more I look at him. He's a fastball pitcher and has trouble throwing it.

And don't count out George making a lot more moves.
I'm back. Sorta.

Do not boo Johnny.
Transmogrifier
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 Survivor

Postby yeyo44 » Thu Dec 11, 2003 3:22 pm

What I really want is for the sox to trade nomar for brown..lol But anyway I know pogo, they are all going to sign more people, but unless the yanks sign vlad and 5 pitchers for the bull pen, the order is pretty good.
yeyo44
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Transmogrifier » Thu Dec 11, 2003 3:41 pm

yeyo44 wrote:What I really want is for the sox to trade nomar for brown..lol But anyway I know pogo, they are all going to sign more people, but unless the yanks sign vlad and 5 pitchers for the bull pen, the order is pretty good.

I don't want Brown. That guy is a walking DL.
I'm back. Sorta.

Do not boo Johnny.
Transmogrifier
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 Survivor

Postby Madison » Thu Dec 11, 2003 3:50 pm

Yeyo44 wrote:Since Madison did such a great Job on the AL- West I want to tackle the AL - East, I hope I'm not stepping on any toes Madison.

I'm glad you enjoyed the thread on the AL-West! ;-D Nope, not stepping on any toes at all. :-)

You made some great points, and it was written well. ;-D

As of right now, I agree with your predictions. I have Boston winning the division followed by the Yankees winning the wild card. Then Toronto/O's/and Rays.

It's still early and there are quite a few moves to be made, but right now, that seems pretty accurate. ;-D
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Sick of those who are spineless.
Sick of those who feel self-entitled.
Sick of those who are hypocrites.
Yes doctor, an army is forming.
Yes doctor, there will be a war.
Yes doctor, there will be blood.....
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

ExecutiveEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby mikcou » Thu Dec 11, 2003 3:53 pm

Madison wrote:
Yeyo44 wrote:Since Madison did such a great Job on the AL- West I want to tackle the AL - East, I hope I'm not stepping on any toes Madison.

I'm glad you enjoyed the thread on the AL-West! ;-D Nope, not stepping on any toes at all. :-)

You made some great points, and it was written well. ;-D

As of right now, I agree with your predictions. I have Boston winning the division followed by the Yankees winning the wild card. Then Toronto/O's/and Rays.

It's still early and there are quite a few moves to be made, but right now, that seems pretty accurate. ;-D

woo hoo ;-D
mikcou
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby PresHabib » Thu Dec 11, 2003 4:29 pm

Transmogrifier wrote:I don't want Brown. That guy is a walking DL.

Yeah, assuming he can even walk to begin with. HA!

I like the order (as a Sox fan, obviously) In all seriousness though, the Yankees rotation doesn't seem to have what the Sox rotation seems to have. Assuming of course everyone stays healthy that is. Im not even sure what the Yankees rotation is but I know now it does not include Clemens and Pettitte, leaving them with what? Vasquez will be great, but NY fans might want to be wary of what a Montreal to NY culture shock might do. Who after that? Wells? Weaver? All I know is I would take the foursome of Pedro, Schilling, Lowe, Wakefield to pretty much any staff in the game right now, 50/50 on whether or not i would even take Oaklands over those 4. Boston over NY next year.

I'd also like to point out that if the Orioles do not sign Vlad or Tejada, I expect them to finish dead last. The D-Rays are young and exciting, ESPECIALLY at the top of that order. Baldelli and Crawford can FLY and the two of them hitting in front of Huff make him a 120RBI threat if he can keep his AVG at 300 again. If they get an arm or two they are a definite playoff threat within the next 5 years.
Rest in peace Mitch Hedberg. I name my fantasy team "Buoyancy of Citrus", in your honor.
1968-2005
PresHabib
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby Area51's » Thu Dec 11, 2003 4:38 pm

You know whats funny......is that I actually see all 5 times improving themselves in this division this year; Toronto could slide depending on pitching, but still have some serious sticks.

Boston- Schilling, duh 8-o

NYY- Yet to be seen, but you know its going to happen

Tor-Well, Lilly should be better than Lidle, but who knows what happens behind Halladay. Sticks are nice

Bal- some actual DECENT young exciting players, and rumours of grabbing a few established bats. Trouble w/ the starting staff tho. Not a believe in R. Lopez.

TB- Sweet Lou has at least given me many reasons to like this team. Crawford/Baldelli/Huff are a decent start, and they're looking for more. Lots of offense in the minors, but the pitching looks crappy for a long time. Hey, they are WAY better than the tigers.

My predicition (pre-yankee Xmas shopping)
1. Bos
2. NYY
3. Tor
4. Bal
5. TB

Obviously this is the tale two divisions......the AL East Rich (bos & ny) and the AL East Dumb (Bal , although they're getting smarter) Young (TB) & somewhat Poor (Tor).
If I were playing third base and my mother were rounding third with the run that was going to beat us, I'd trip her. Oh, I'd pick her up and brush her off and say, 'Sorry, Mom,' but nobody beats me.
Leo Durocher, Brooklyn Dodgers Manager
Area51's
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Next

Return to Baseball Leftovers