Looking for dedicated manager to take over AWESOME team - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Classifieds

Looking for dedicated manager to take over AWESOME team

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Looking for dedicated manager to take over AWESOME team

Postby scotty5150 » Sun Mar 25, 2007 2:42 pm

Are you a dedicated fantasy baseball manager looking for a rare opportunity?

The Black Diamond League is currently taking applications to fill one managerial position. What's rare, you ask? This team needs virtually no rebuilding. It's a young squad, but with future studs like Alex Gordon, Evan Longoria, Prince Fielder and Billy Butler to work with, you'll definitely be in good shape. You'll also be competitive NOW with established fantasy stars Mark Teixeira, C.C. Sabathia and Hideki Matsui, not to mention Francisco Liriano waiting in the wings.

What are the league details?
The BDL is a 16-team/four division dynasty league with a 28-man MLB roster and 7-man Minor League roster that is hosted on CBS Sportsline. We play head-to-head using standard 5X5 scoring categories. The league champion is decided via playoffs every September. For a more detailed look at the league's rules, policies and format, feel free to browse our rulebook here.

Would I fit in playing in the BDL?
If you're a fun person who enjoys friendly, yet serious, competition, talking smack, socializing, and generally having a good time, you'll fit in nicely with the folks in the BDL. We run a league message board forum year-round, and while not everyone hangs around in the offseason, many of us do. It's accurate to describe the BDL as a social league. If you are interested in making some new friends and chatting on a daily basis with some good guys, you'll enjoy our league.

I've been talked into joining crappy leagues before. How do I know the BDL is a quality league?
The BDL is run by extremely dedicated dual commissioners; therefore, the league's foundation is rock-solid. As is demonstrated by our website, we keep detailed records of each team and overall league achievements, including the annual awarding of a most valuable manager. If your application is accepted, you'll be stepping into a quality atmosphere few other leagues can match.

What about league fees?
Currently, no league fees are charged. I cannot guarantee this will always remain the case, but as of right now, this is a free league.

TEAM ROSTER

Batters
Pierzynski, A.J. C
Fielder, Prince 1B
Burke, Chris 2B
Mora, Melvin 3B
Furcal, Rafael SS
Crisp, Coco CF
Matsui, Hideki LF
Monroe, Craig LF
Teixeira, Mark 1B
Molina, Yadier C
Castillo, Jose 2B
Bartlett, Jason SS
Kemp, Matt CF
Milledge, Lastings LF

Pitchers
Buehrle, Mark
Farnsworth, Kyle
Garza, Matt
Hansen, Craig
Haren, Dan
Hernandez, Livan
Jones, Todd
Liriano, Francisco
Loaiza, Esteban
Ortiz, Ramon
Sabathia, C.C.
Shields, James
Sowers, Jeremy
Weathers, David

Prospects
Gordon, Alex 3B
Longoria, Evan 3B
Butler, Billy OF
Ellsbury, Jacoby OF
Carrillo, Cesar SP
Kershaw, Clayton P
Redmond, Todd P

If this is something you're interested in, send me an email and I'll send a questionnaire application your way. I'll be taking applications until Wednesday with the hope of having a new manager installed with the team by Friday or Saturday in anticipation of Opening Day this coming Sunday.

All interested persons will be required to fill out a multiple-question "manager quality" application. If that's a problem, don't bother inquiring about the position. ;-) I'm seeking only the most dedicated, competitive and friendly person available. The applications will be reviewed by myself and my co-commissioner, followed by the selection of who we feel is the most qualified applicant.

Thanks in advance for any interest.

Scotty Wampler
BDL Commissioner
http://www.bdlbaseball.com
mailto:commissionerwampler@bdlbaseball.com
Last edited by scotty5150 on Tue Mar 27, 2007 1:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Black Diamond League Commissioner
scotty5150
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby beck180 » Sun Mar 25, 2007 4:34 pm

beck180
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby scotty5150 » Mon Mar 26, 2007 11:02 am

Bump.
scotty5150
College Coach
College Coach

Postby beck180 » Mon Mar 26, 2007 8:12 pm

can you sned me applictraion, mailto:linkinparktoilet@yahoo.com
beck180
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby bmd » Mon Mar 26, 2007 10:00 pm

I'm interested in your league. I would like to take over this team. I've been competing in fantasy baseball for a number of years and I'm very active and competitive. If you still need an owner for this team, please send me a private message and I'll give you my email so you can send me the details on how to join.

Thanks!
bmd
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Football

Postby sanman » Tue Mar 27, 2007 12:54 am

if you still need someone email me at mailto:sanmania@gmail.com
sanman
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Postby scotty5150 » Tue Mar 27, 2007 4:55 pm

Although I intended to accept applications through Wednesday, I'm shutting down this ad. We have received several stellar applications already, and it will be difficult as it is to select someone.

Thanks very much to everyone who applied. The selected applicant will be notified by Friday.
scotty5150
College Coach
College Coach

Return to Classifieds