Shawn Hill - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Shawn Hill

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby DbacksRback » Mon Mar 26, 2007 12:59 pm

We have 2 dl spots so i think it should be a good move.
________________________________________

Image
DbacksRback
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
Lucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 2879
(Past Year: 57)
Joined: 2 Feb 2007
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby DbacksRback » Tue Apr 17, 2007 10:59 pm

3 starts into the season and has a 2.89 era, hes not gonna get a lot of wins but, how do you like him now???
________________________________________

Image
DbacksRback
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
Lucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 2879
(Past Year: 57)
Joined: 2 Feb 2007
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby dmendro » Wed Apr 18, 2007 2:01 pm

Another top prospect that dissapointed previously, that's now finding success in limited playing time. Now he plays ont he nationals and so he has no run support, however he's the kind of guy you have to keep an eye on come trading deadline because he could get moved.
dmendro
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor


Posts: 796
(Past Year: 1)
Joined: 11 Dec 2006
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby PlayingWithFire » Wed Apr 18, 2007 2:07 pm

dmendro wrote:Another top prospect that dissapointed previously, that's now finding success in limited playing time. Now he plays ont he nationals and so he has no run support, however he's the kind of guy you have to keep an eye on come trading deadline because he could get moved.


when has Shawn Hill ever been a "TOP" pitching prospect?
Are you interested in joining a 28 teams dynasty league? If so, PM me.
PlayingWithFire
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Cafe WriterLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 13262
Joined: 7 Apr 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Manhattan, KS

Postby dmendro » Wed Apr 18, 2007 4:25 pm

PlayingWithFire wrote:
dmendro wrote:Another top prospect that dissapointed previously, that's now finding success in limited playing time. Now he plays ont he nationals and so he has no run support, however he's the kind of guy you have to keep an eye on come trading deadline because he could get moved.


when has Shawn Hill ever been a "TOP" pitching prospect?


For years he was one of the top prospects in the Expos/Nationals organization. He was also a memeber of the 2003 all Star Futures World Team.

B-)
dmendro
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor


Posts: 796
(Past Year: 1)
Joined: 11 Dec 2006
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby bellybrother » Wed Apr 18, 2007 6:08 pm

Hill>=Hensley?
bellybrother
College Coach
College Coach


Posts: 155
Joined: 7 Jun 2005
Home Cafe: Football
Location: somewhere between reds and colts country

Postby PlayingWithFire » Wed Apr 18, 2007 8:05 pm

dmendro wrote:
PlayingWithFire wrote:
dmendro wrote:Another top prospect that dissapointed previously, that's now finding success in limited playing time. Now he plays ont he nationals and so he has no run support, however he's the kind of guy you have to keep an eye on come trading deadline because he could get moved.


when has Shawn Hill ever been a "TOP" pitching prospect?


For years he was one of the top prospects in the Expos/Nationals organization. He was also a memeber of the 2003 all Star Futures World Team.

B-)


I'm an Expos fan, I remember he's the type that barely make the top 20 list in the Nationals system the last couple years. And the Nationals system(aside from Zimmerman, who really didn't "develope" for a long time down there) isn't any good. So he really wasn't much of a prospect.

and man I thought Larry Broadway was going to develop into something
Are you interested in joining a 28 teams dynasty league? If so, PM me.
PlayingWithFire
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Cafe WriterLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 13262
Joined: 7 Apr 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Manhattan, KS

Postby DbacksRback » Wed Apr 18, 2007 11:08 pm

PlayingWithFire wrote:
dmendro wrote:
PlayingWithFire wrote:
dmendro wrote:Another top prospect that dissapointed previously, that's now finding success in limited playing time. Now he plays ont he nationals and so he has no run support, however he's the kind of guy you have to keep an eye on come trading deadline because he could get moved.


when has Shawn Hill ever been a "TOP" pitching prospect?


For years he was one of the top prospects in the Expos/Nationals organization. He was also a memeber of the 2003 all Star Futures World Team.

B-)


I'm an Expos fan, I remember he's the type that barely make the top 20 list in the Nationals system the last couple years. And the Nationals system(aside from Zimmerman, who really didn't "develope" for a long time down there) isn't any good. So he really wasn't much of a prospect.

and man I thought Larry Broadway was going to develop into something



Another one was Clint Everts if i have the name right
________________________________________

Image
DbacksRback
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
Lucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 2879
(Past Year: 57)
Joined: 2 Feb 2007
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby DbacksRback » Thu Apr 26, 2007 8:59 pm

Another nice start today.....
________________________________________

Image
DbacksRback
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
Lucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 2879
(Past Year: 57)
Joined: 2 Feb 2007
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby godallahstar » Fri Apr 27, 2007 5:59 pm

here is what i said in the other locked thread:

I don't know a ton about Shawn Hill, but here is what I do know;
he has had his share of injuries,
TJ in 2004, missed all of 2005,
shoulder issues again last year,
but with that said, he has looked good so far this year.
If he stays healthy he seems like he could be a decent pitcher,
he's a sinkerballer and gets a good amount of grounders.
that plus a decent amount of strikeouts and solid command,
i think he could be a mid to back of the rotation type pitcher.

if your league is fairly deep and you've got the room,
give him a shot, but someone like Shields might be worth a better look.
godallahstar
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

User avatar

Posts: 588
Joined: 9 May 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: minneapolis

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 9 guests

Forums Articles & Tips Sleepers Rankings Leagues


  • Fantasy Baseball
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact