Guessing at the AL West - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Guessing at the AL West

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby shortsavage » Thu Dec 11, 2003 1:39 am

bell wrote:What I said was simply referring to was the fact that there is a definite weakness (or so I've read) in the steroids testing. But, indeed, everything must have a beginning.

Hehe, sorry...call that my steriods in baseball venting piece. It may have been better off in another thread, but I just went where the wind took me.
Mike Pelfrey > Matt Garza
shortsavage
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterWeb Supporter
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby bell » Thu Dec 11, 2003 1:43 am

shortsavage wrote:
bell wrote:What I said was simply referring to was the fact that there is a definite weakness (or so I've read) in the steroids testing. But, indeed, everything must have a beginning.

Hehe, sorry...call that my steriods in baseball venting piece. It may have been better off in another thread, but I just went where the wind took me.

No worries, mate. ;-D It's definitely a subject worth being passionate about, so carry on! I just wanted to clarify my position a bit for my post could easily be misconstrued.
bell
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby Lofunzo » Thu Dec 11, 2003 2:02 am

BigLebowski wrote:Your all forgetting, they are gonna start testing for roids, Durazo is never gonna have his power number, that we all immagined.

Durazo is one guy who has been looked upon as a roid' case in the past. According to my sources in the PHX media.

Why would they look at Durazo? His arms just look jacked because they're only 5 inches long.

bell wrote:
BigLebowski wrote:Your all forgetting, they are gonna start testing for roids, Durazo is never gonna have his power number, that we all immagined.

Last I read baseball's steroids testing method has a hole in it the size of Bond's ego.

Right or wrong, that is funny. :-D
Lofunzo

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerEagle EyeHockey ModPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 18)

Postby wrveres » Thu Dec 11, 2003 5:18 am

However, if you are a fan of corporate baseball, there are not many options but to put your tongue to your cheek and wait for baseball's steroid plan to gradually make an impact.

Like Selig, steroids need to go, but baseball officials have surely explored the most efficient routes from point A to point B, and as a fan of the game I am not about to second-guess them. For, if I was into dwelling on the imperfections of baseball, I might as well invest my time and interest elsewhere.

I understand that it will take time to get a real policy in place ...(Baby steps) but I am curious as to why yoe seem to blame the owners for this ...... ?

Now back to the thread ....

I say Ana ...
Sea ..
Oak ..
Tex ..

and I have just one question to all the Oakland faithful ... How do you think the Big three will respond while losing their Catcher and Coach?

popcorn anyone? ..
why shure, thanks, double butter... :-D
25                "Love the Padres"
Rafael

Dodgers FAIL|Mets FAIL|Canada FAIL
wrveres
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe Musketeer
(Past Year: 1159)

Postby Transmogrifier » Thu Dec 11, 2003 3:12 pm

Mad, I agree with you.

Oakland still has great pitching. Even if the keep Foulke, they'll have lost Hernandez and their pitching coach.

But their offense lost one of their best players and the replacements are a rookie, Kotsay and Kielty. NOt exciting.

The Angels look very good, as do the Mariners, especially if they get one more bat.

But you never know with Beane.
I'm back. Sorta.

Do not boo Johnny.
Transmogrifier
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 Survivor

Postby PresHabib » Thu Dec 11, 2003 4:08 pm

Im curious as to how the Oakland A's of next year (as their roster stands now) will be any different than the Los Angeles Dodgers of this past year. Good pitching, no offense. Granted I would pick the A's ahead of the Dodgers if they were in the same division, but I don't see them getting past the Mariners next year, ESPECIALLY if Seattle signs Tejada AND gets Soriano in the rotation. I would predict...
1) Seattle
2) Anaheim
3) Oakland
4) Texas AAA team
5 ) Rangers.

Sorry about the unnecessary did on the Rangers there Mad, but if they make the Manny/A-Rod they will be worse than a whole lotta teams. :-P
Rest in peace Mitch Hedberg. I name my fantasy team "Buoyancy of Citrus", in your honor.
1968-2005
PresHabib
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby Madison » Thu Dec 11, 2003 4:16 pm

PresHabib wrote:Im curious as to how the Oakland A's of next year (as their roster stands now) will be any different than the Los Angeles Dodgers of this past year. Good pitching, no offense. Granted I would pick the A's ahead of the Dodgers if they were in the same division, but I don't see them getting past the Mariners next year, ESPECIALLY if Seattle signs Tejada AND gets Soriano in the rotation. I would predict...
1) Seattle
2) Anaheim
3) Oakland
4) Texas AAA team
5 ) Rangers.

Sorry about the unnecessary did on the Rangers there Mad, but if they make the Manny/A-Rod they will be worse than a whole lotta teams. :-P

Lol. :-D No problem. I know they stink. Believe it or not, if the Manny deal happens, then Boston will be kicking in some of his salary, and the Rangers could do better than their AAA team then. :-D
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Sick of those who are spineless.
Sick of those who feel self-entitled.
Sick of those who are hypocrites.
Yes doctor, an army is forming.
Yes doctor, there will be a war.
Yes doctor, there will be blood.....
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

ExecutiveEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby mikcou » Thu Dec 11, 2003 5:14 pm

wrveres wrote:
However, if you are a fan of corporate baseball, there are not many options but to put your tongue to your cheek and wait for baseball's steroid plan to gradually make an impact.

Like Selig, steroids need to go, but baseball officials have surely explored the most efficient routes from point A to point B, and as a fan of the game I am not about to second-guess them. For, if I was into dwelling on the imperfections of baseball, I might as well invest my time and interest elsewhere.

I understand that it will take time to get a real policy in place ...(Baby steps) but I am curious as to why yoe seem to blame the owners for this ...... ?

Now back to the thread ....

I say Ana ...
Sea ..
Oak ..
Tex ..

and I have just one question to all the Oakland faithful ... How do you think the Big three will respond while losing their Catcher and Coach?

popcorn anyone? ..
why shure, thanks, double butter... :-D

I agree the west will be
Ana - now have pitching
Sea - have a great bullpen but always blow it in August/September
Oak - losing Tejada/Hernandez is too much of a blow to their offense
Tex - Still dont have the pitching
mikcou
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

AL West

Postby A's Fan » Thu Dec 11, 2003 5:50 pm

One thing about this division: Year in and year out one of (if not the) best in baseball.
A's Fan

Home Cafe: Football
Friendliness: %

Re: AL West

Postby Madison » Thu Dec 11, 2003 5:56 pm

A's Fan wrote:One thing about this division: Year in and year out one of (if not the) best in baseball.

Good point. ;-D

Yes, it's a very competitive division every year. :-)
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Sick of those who are spineless.
Sick of those who feel self-entitled.
Sick of those who are hypocrites.
Yes doctor, an army is forming.
Yes doctor, there will be a war.
Yes doctor, there will be blood.....
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

ExecutiveEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers