Soriano - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Soriano

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Soriano

Postby John Bonzo » Wed Dec 10, 2003 7:56 pm

With Seatle's crowded bullpen, do you think they will give Rafael Soriano a shot at starting?
John Bonzo
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

User avatar

Posts: 1285
Joined: 27 Jan 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Houston, TX

Postby Madison » Wed Dec 10, 2003 8:03 pm

I think Soriano will get a chance to start. I've also heard rumors about Freddy Garcia getting non-tendered. That would certainly mean that Soriano would get a shot in the rotation.
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Sick of those who are spineless.
Sick of those who feel self-entitled.
Sick of those who are hypocrites.
Yes doctor, an army is forming.
Yes doctor, there will be a war.
Yes doctor, there will be blood.....
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

User avatar
ExecutiveEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 53856
(Past Year: 1)
Joined: 29 Apr 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Taking Souls...

Postby Jivedude » Wed Dec 10, 2003 8:07 pm

Madison wrote:I think Soriano will get a chance to start. I've also heard rumors about Freddy Garcia getting non-tendered. That would certainly mean that Soriano would get a shot in the rotation.


I agree. Soriano will definitely start.
Image
Jivedude
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

User avatar
Mock(ing) Drafter
Posts: 1517
Joined: 19 Mar 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: 1930's Germany

me too

Postby gypsyspot » Wed Dec 10, 2003 9:02 pm

These four things I know are true!
1) Soriano will start this year
2) He will strikeout 170+
3) He will win 10+
4) I am not Max Kellerman
I know the future!!!!!!!
gypsyspot
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

User avatar

Posts: 704
Joined: 22 Feb 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: on the psychic hotline

Re: me too

Postby Siege1386 » Wed Dec 10, 2003 10:21 pm

gypsyspot wrote:These four things I know are true!
1) Soriano will start this year
2) He will strikeout 170+
3) He will win 10+
4) I am not Max Kellerman


haha. Im glad we are not on Around the Horn, because PTI is better.
Help me out by making a [url=http://www.fsworld.net/modules/donations/]Donation[/url] or [url=http://www.fsworld.net/register.php]Registering[/url] for my website

Image
Siege1386
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

User avatar
Graphics Expert
Posts: 651
Joined: 28 Jun 2002
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Roswell, GA

Re: me too

Postby chinch sacs » Wed Dec 10, 2003 10:49 pm

gypsyspot wrote:These four things I know are true!
1) Soriano will start this year
2) He will strikeout 170+
3) He will win 10+
4) I am not Max Kellerman


Its STAT BOY!
chinch sacs
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
Mock(ing) Drafter
Posts: 2938
Joined: 17 Feb 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: San Jose, CA

Postby Justise » Thu Dec 11, 2003 12:31 am

Its probably all dependant on who seattle signs to help the offense.

Mike Cameron Salary + Freddie Garcia Salary (last year, he would obviously get an upgrade in arbitration).

roughly equals

14 million, sounds like a good number for a Vlad signing.

Personaly, I think he'll end up in the rotation, and call up some of thier prospects to reinforce the bullpen. Specially since they have such a solid 1-2 in Shiggy and Guardado (and possibly 3 with Kazu depending on how he shows up).
Justise
College Coach
College Coach

User avatar
Mock(ing) Drafter
Posts: 289
Joined: 21 Apr 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby eftda » Thu Dec 11, 2003 1:00 am

Justise wrote:Its probably all dependant on who seattle signs to help the offense.

Mike Cameron Salary + Freddie Garcia Salary (last year, he would obviously get an upgrade in arbitration).

roughly equals

14 million, sounds like a good number for a Vlad signing.

Personaly, I think he'll end up in the rotation, and call up some of thier prospects to reinforce the bullpen. Specially since they have such a solid 1-2 in Shiggy and Guardado (and possibly 3 with Kazu depending on how he shows up).

This is the 1st i've heard about the M's after vlad.. they have a right fielder... Anyways i thought that they were after Tejada.
eftda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 9790
Joined: 11 Mar 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Madison » Thu Dec 11, 2003 1:04 am

eftda wrote:
Justise wrote:Its probably all dependant on who seattle signs to help the offense.

Mike Cameron Salary + Freddie Garcia Salary (last year, he would obviously get an upgrade in arbitration).

roughly equals

14 million, sounds like a good number for a Vlad signing.

Personaly, I think he'll end up in the rotation, and call up some of thier prospects to reinforce the bullpen. Specially since they have such a solid 1-2 in Shiggy and Guardado (and possibly 3 with Kazu depending on how he shows up).

This is the 1st i've heard about the M's after vlad.. they have a right fielder... Anyways i thought that they were after Tejada.


Vlad is a longshot. Yes, they are after Tejada right now. ;-)
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Sick of those who are spineless.
Sick of those who feel self-entitled.
Sick of those who are hypocrites.
Yes doctor, an army is forming.
Yes doctor, there will be a war.
Yes doctor, there will be blood.....
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

User avatar
ExecutiveEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 53856
(Past Year: 1)
Joined: 29 Apr 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Taking Souls...

Postby Jivedude » Thu Dec 11, 2003 1:06 am

eftda wrote:
Justise wrote:Its probably all dependant on who seattle signs to help the offense.

Mike Cameron Salary + Freddie Garcia Salary (last year, he would obviously get an upgrade in arbitration).

roughly equals

14 million, sounds like a good number for a Vlad signing.

Personaly, I think he'll end up in the rotation, and call up some of thier prospects to reinforce the bullpen. Specially since they have such a solid 1-2 in Shiggy and Guardado (and possibly 3 with Kazu depending on how he shows up).

This is the 1st i've heard about the M's after vlad.. they have a right fielder... Anyways i thought that they were after Tejada.


Doesn't Seattle have a pretty good SS prospect in the minors? I think Jose Lopez is his name.
Image
Jivedude
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

User avatar
Mock(ing) Drafter
Posts: 1517
Joined: 19 Mar 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: 1930's Germany


Return to Baseball Leftovers

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests

Forums Articles & Tips Sleepers Rankings Leagues


Today's Games
Thursday, Jul. 31
(All times are EST, weather icons show forecast for game time)

Chi White Sox at Detroit
(1:08 pm)
Colorado at Chi Cubs
(2:20 pm)
St. Louis at San Diego
(3:40 pm)
Philadelphia at Washington
(7:05 pm)
Seattle at Cleveland
(7:05 pm)
LA Angels at Baltimore
(7:05 pm)
Cincinnati at Miami
(7:10 pm)
indoors
Toronto at Houston
(8:10 pm)
Minnesota at Kansas City
(8:10 pm)
Pittsburgh at Arizona
(9:40 pm)
Atlanta at LA Dodgers
(10:10 pm)

  • Fantasy Baseball
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact