Scott Hairston - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Injuries & Player Updates

Scott Hairston

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Scott Hairston

Postby B-Chad » Sat Mar 24, 2007 8:40 pm

Sounds like if Quentin misses time with his injury Hairston could start in LF. Any update on that? He had phenomenal numbers in AAA last year and still is pretty young, any chance he could maybe bump Eric Byrnes from the OF this year? What's the ceiling for him if he gets regular ab's all year?
B-Chad
General Manager
General Manager

EditorCafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby The Big Train » Sat Mar 24, 2007 10:45 pm

RotoAuthority wrote this about him last fall:

http://www.rotoauthority.com/2006/10/de ... er_sc.html

I would take a chance on him if he was still a 2B option and he was traded to a team where he was getting regular playing time. I don't think there is any doubt that he can hit, but he needs both health and the opportunity. Fantasy-wise, he's no longer eligible at 2B which renders him less helpful unless you are in NL-only or in something like a 20-team league since there are probably better OF options available. If he does well in place of Quentin, that could speed up the trade process. RotoAuthority also claimed that his Major League equivalent for last year's Triple A numbers would have been: .291/.361/.519. Sounds a bit exaggerated to me but might be worth a look if he's dealt.
Image + Image = 762

"Trying to hit him was like trying to drink coffee with a fork." - Willie Stargell on Sandy Koufax
The Big Train
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Return to Injuries & Player Updates