Kelvim Escobar injures back in start - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Injuries & Player Updates

Kelvim Escobar injures back in start

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Kelvim Escobar injures back in start

Postby StarsNPinstripes » Sat Mar 24, 2007 6:27 pm

From Rotoworld:
Kelvim Escobar left Saturday's game in the third inning with a strain in the lower left side of his back.

Escobar gave up one earned run and three hits in 2 2/3 innings before departing. He'll be examined tomorrow before a decision is made on his status for the second game of the regular season. If Escobar needs to join Bartolo Colon and Jered Weaver on the DL, the Angels have Joe Saunders, Hector Carrasco and Dustin Moseley all in the rotation.Mar. 24 - 6:08 pm et
StarsNPinstripes
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby The Big Train » Sat Mar 24, 2007 8:54 pm

TEMPE, Ariz. — His surgically repaired right elbow has felt great all spring, and the tendinitis in his left knee hasn't bothered him of late, but a new issue popped onto pitcher Kelvim Escobar's medical chart Saturday.

The Angels right-hander was pulled from an 11-1 exhibition loss to Colorado because of a strain in the lower left side of his back, an injury he sustained lunging for Kazuo Matsui's third-inning grounder.

Escobar threw one warmup pitch and told Manager Mike Scioscia he could continue, but with Bartolo Colon and Jered Weaver opening the season on the disabled list and Scioscia not wanting to risk further injury, Escobar was removed for precautionary reasons.

"It scared me," Escobar said. "When I felt it, I thought, 'Wow, I pulled it.' But everything is OK. They think it was just a back spasm."

After stretching and receiving massage therapy, Escobar's back was already feeling better. He expects to make his next scheduled start, against the Dodgers in the Freeway Series opener Thursday night, and to be ready for the second game of the regular season against Texas on April 3.

"Any time a pitcher is holding that area, you're worried about a rib-cage injury, which can really set you back, but that doesn't appear to be the case," Scioscia said. "We'll have time to get him where he needs to be."

http://www.latimes.com/sports/baseball/ ... mlb-angels
Image + Image = 762

"Trying to hit him was like trying to drink coffee with a fork." - Willie Stargell on Sandy Koufax
The Big Train
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby Joe LaCock » Sun Mar 25, 2007 9:18 am

I am addicted to Kelvim Escobar. I pick him late in almost every draft and keep a spot on the DL warm for him!! Joe
Joe LaCock
College Coach
College Coach

Postby schmidty » Sun Mar 25, 2007 2:42 pm

Joe LaCock wrote:I am addicted to Kelvim Escobar. I pick him late in almost every draft and keep a spot on the DL warm for him!! Joe

:-) Me too! And suffering with him last year and his 1001 mystery ailments, I swore not to repeat that mistake. Then this year, he drops to me late in the draft, I need another SP, and think "Well, I like his ERA/WHIP/K projections and he did make 30 starts last year" and pull the trigger again. :-B
schmidty
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafeholic

Postby The Big Train » Mon Mar 26, 2007 1:14 am

Kelvim Escobar (back) said he anticipated being ready to make his April 3 start against the Rangers after Dr. Lewis Yocum cleared him to return.

Manager Mike Scioscia is holding off judgment until Escobar, who's 1-0 with a 3.27 ERA in 11 spring innings, delivers 90 to 100 pitches in a camp game Thursday. Hector Carrasco and Dustin Moseley are in line to join the rotation if Escobar does miss time.

http://www.rotoworld.com/content/player ... 849&spln=1
Image + Image = 762

"Trying to hit him was like trying to drink coffee with a fork." - Willie Stargell on Sandy Koufax
The Big Train
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby BitterDodgerFan » Mon Mar 26, 2007 10:40 am

felt like we went too long without a kelvim injury. now thats the kelvim we all know!
BitterDodgerFan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Return to Injuries & Player Updates