10 team roto, non keeper standard 5 x 5, just drafted - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team

10 team roto, non keeper standard 5 x 5, just drafted

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby Shizane » Fri Mar 30, 2007 6:20 pm

I would probably play victorino in the UTIL spot, as he will score 100+ runs and steal a lot of bags.......

(note that the Nationals manager has openly said his team will not be running much)

thanks for the help on mine
Shizane
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby ryoungblood80 » Sat Mar 31, 2007 3:16 am

I have to disagree with some of the posters. You starting pitching is pretty solid. I like your top 4 and if Penny can do what he did last year, you're set. Getting a good SB guy could help, but i see you winning the HR RBI R categories. Good luck and thanks for your help on my posts.
ryoungblood80
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby RoxSox8 » Mon Apr 02, 2007 12:57 pm

[quote="bselig"]you need to have five relief pitchers starting at all times in the rp rp p p p slots because relief pitchers on average have eras a run lower than starters. you can easily acquire rp's that k a man per inning, sometimes more, at a low whip. you'd be best off inserting either one or two rp with sp duration at sp and sp on days your starters have off as well - current pitchers that fit this profile are chad billingsley, oscar villareal, kevin gregg, and hector carrasco (if he doesnt move into the starting lineup for escobar). do not carry hitters on your bench, they are virtually useless, especially not phillips or victorino. chipper jones is probably worth hanging onto while healthy but he only hurts yoru team sitting on your bench.

I agree with this philosophy.
;-D
I'm not Mr. Lebowski man, I'm the Dude.

Red Sox Fan
Rockies Fan
RoxSox8
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby yourmom7877 » Tue Apr 03, 2007 2:33 am

think its a very nice balanced team..i like to slide a guy like broxton in 97 SO's 4 wins 3 saves 2.50 era in 76 innings lowers your whip and era and boosts SO
yourmom7877
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby theonetheonlypv » Wed Apr 04, 2007 2:35 am

basically agreeing with what a lot of people have said. your offense looks great, but you probably need another closer on your pitching staff, which otherwise looks pretty solid. i tend to have the same problem myself.

thanks for your input with my post.
theonetheonlypv
College Coach
College Coach

Postby screwyinstlouie » Tue Apr 10, 2007 1:02 am

theonetheonlypv wrote:basically agreeing with what a lot of people have said. your offense looks great, but you probably need another closer on your pitching staff, which otherwise looks pretty solid. i tend to have the same problem myself.

thanks for your input with my post.

I agree with this guy. Good luck, and thanks for responding to my post.
screwyinstlouie
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby boston_massacre » Wed Apr 11, 2007 2:34 am

Definitely an awesome offense, especially in the of. If I were you, I'd try to move a bat (or two) for a better SP and RP. Other than that, I like the pickup for more speed, good decision.
such is life
boston_massacre
College Coach
College Coach

Postby pierreuconn » Wed Apr 11, 2007 11:18 pm

thanks for the help on mine.

I love your outfield solid in most cats. I agree with most an upgrade in some starting pitchin would be great however i dont think its necessary your team is well drafted all around.

http://www.fantasybaseballcafe.com/foru ... p?t=270254
pierreuconn
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby whatevatreva88 » Wed Apr 11, 2007 11:46 pm

I don't really like Chavez. He's declining. Maybe you could get a replacement for him. Other than that, pretty solid team top to bottom.
whatevatreva88
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Basketball

Postby enyouartist » Thu Apr 12, 2007 12:45 am

While your offense is spectacular, I believe you could still upgrade on speed to dominate the category.
enyouartist
College Coach
College Coach

Previous

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team