Ville Beer Pongers 5x5 11 teams 24 roster spots - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team

Ville Beer Pongers 5x5 11 teams 24 roster spots

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Ville Beer Pongers 5x5 11 teams 24 roster spots

Postby jvmillion83 » Sat Mar 24, 2007 2:44 pm

We get 1000 FA dollars and do FA bidding weekly. Also no trading. Here is what I drafted last night.

I know right off the bat, there are some serious holes. First with hitting, I think I'll absolutely have no problem with the power, batting avg categories. Also runs scored shouldn't be bad. SBS I might have to spend on some FAs throughout the year. Relative to all other teams, I'm below avg in this category. I only have Delmon and my 2b position. I also gambled on my OF. I'm going for Delmon having a productive year and Bonds being a respectable fantasy OF. It doesn't look bad because my infield is stacked with pop but I need to add more productiion to OF.

C- Victor Martinez
1b- Ryan Howard
2b- Rickie Weeks
3b- Garret Atkins
ss- Miguel Tejada
OF- Delmon Young
OF- Barry Bonds
OF- Aubrey Huff
Util- Todd Helton
B- Curtis Granderson
B- Brandon Phillips
B- Carlos Quentin

SP- Ben Sheets
SP- Curt Schilling
RP- Jon Papelbon
RP- Joel Zumaya
P- Armando Benitez
P- Ervin Santana
P- Anthony Reyes
B- Josh Beckett
B- Jeff Francis
B- Dan Wheeler
B- John Maine
B- Brandon McCarthy

My pitching is kind of unorthodox. I've been using a different strategy for a few years now and that is to draft my pitching around guys who can provide ERA, WHIP and K/9 Ratio type numbers. Sheets is a risk but high reward. I passed up some bottom tier closers for Zumaya. That way I could focus on offense and grab starters at the end who have ability to win games and not focus on their ratios that much. I had a plan to grab alot of middle relievers but only was able to get Zumaya and Wheeler, two in season possible closers in waiting.
jvmillion83
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team