You didn't really think there wouldn't be a price, did you? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

You didn't really think there wouldn't be a price, did you?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby stevelabny » Thu Dec 11, 2003 5:32 am

the biggest differences between watching a game live and watching on tv?

good food, cheap food, clean bathroom and i dont have to squeeze my fat a** into a tiny little seat...i can sprawl out on my couch.

all i miss is the young hoochies in their jeter jerseys.
but at least i dont have to hear them scream
"Baseball is like church. Many attend. Few understand." -- Leo Durocher
stevelabny
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Lofunzo » Thu Dec 11, 2003 11:57 am

You know what? I have no problem with whatever the Yankee ticket prices are. No matter what they charge, I have a choice.......I can go or watch on TV. I don't have to go. If I choose to go, then I have no argument. The thing is that the Yankees are 1 of a select few who can raise prices without argument. They win and they consistently are trying to improve the team by putting $$ into the team. What gets me is teams like the Mets, who are dropping payroll yet raising some ticket prices. That, to me, makes no sense and I wouldn't like it if I was a fan.

Disclaimer: I am not a Mets hater. They were just the first to come to mind.
Lofunzo

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerEagle EyeHockey ModPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 18)

Postby Madison » Thu Dec 11, 2003 12:03 pm

Lofunzo wrote:No matter what they charge, I have a choice.......I can go or watch on TV.

And no matter which one you choose, George still makes his money. Doesn't matter if you are in his stadium, or watching his channel. That's a good businessman. B-)
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Sick of those who are spineless.
Sick of those who feel self-entitled.
Sick of those who are hypocrites.
Yes doctor, an army is forming.
Yes doctor, there will be a war.
Yes doctor, there will be blood.....
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

ExecutiveEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby Lofunzo » Thu Dec 11, 2003 12:05 pm

Madison wrote:
Lofunzo wrote:No matter what they charge, I have a choice.......I can go or watch on TV.

And no matter which one you choose, George still makes his money. Doesn't matter if you are in his stadium, or watching his channel. That's a good businessman. B-)

Agreed. ;-D

If anyone pays to go to games, then they have no leg to stand on when complaining about prices, IMHO.
Lofunzo

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerEagle EyeHockey ModPick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby mikcou » Thu Dec 11, 2003 3:59 pm

Lofunzo wrote:You know what? I have no problem with whatever the Yankee ticket prices are. No matter what they charge, I have a choice.......I can go or watch on TV. I don't have to go. If I choose to go, then I have no argument. The thing is that the Yankees are 1 of a select few who can raise prices without argument. They win and they consistently are trying to improve the team by putting $$ into the team. What gets me is teams like the Mets, who are dropping payroll yet raising some ticket prices. That, to me, makes no sense and I wouldn't like it if I was a fan.

Disclaimer: I am not a Mets hater. They were just the first to come to mind.

The sox have been raising ticket prices every year. It gets to be like a tradition: Columbus Day, Thanksgiving, Red Sox raise ticket prices.
mikcou
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby DieHardCubbie » Thu Dec 11, 2003 11:26 pm

***RANT.....If you don't want to read then go no further***

I am tired of ML baseball teams sticking it to the fan.....every year it is higher priced free agents....then higher prices for the average fan....It is time for the fan to stand up and say...NO MORE....we have to go to work everyday to earn our money and then our sport....the one we love to watch....wants to charge us more....just to see players that make 10 times a year, what we will make in our lifetime....Should they get paid more than the steel worker that made the beams for the roofing of their stadium...should they get more than the construction workers that built the stadium they play in....more than the hospital workers...that take care of their "sprainded ankles"....more than the teachers that teach there kids to read and write....more than the emergency workers that protect their house everyday.....

Good grief...sometime priorites should take order....

***sorry for the rant***
[b]Useless Trivia of the day[/b]

England's Worcester Canoe Club set the world record for paddling a hand-propelled bathtub. The 25 man team covered a distance of 55 miles, 425 yards in 24 hours on September 28 and 29, 1979.
DieHardCubbie
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberPick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby Lofunzo » Thu Dec 11, 2003 11:31 pm

DHC.......I agree. We do have a choice, though. We can choose not to go to the games.
Lofunzo

Postby eftda » Thu Dec 11, 2003 11:38 pm

*gasp*

but my friend has such good tickets and they are only 22 bucks
eftda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby stevelabny » Thu Dec 11, 2003 11:42 pm

sigh.
diehard it works like this...

should they get paid more? YES YES ONE MILLION TIMES YES.

why?

simple... they bring in money. You dont pay money to watch the steel workers or the nurses or the school teachers or the cops or any of these other types work.
You pay money to watch athletes, movie stars, and other celebrities.
These industries make billions of dollars and that money has to go somewhere. Its nice that you want to steal part of their salary/ profit to pay for other people but I bet you would be a little more protective of your own money if I suddenly wanted to give it to a starving third world child. Unless you really are a communist?

If you think its so wrong, look at yourself in the mirror.
Why are you wasting time watching baseball instead of feeding the hungry or healing the sick? Dont blame the athletes or the business, blame yourself. If as a society we werent so shallow and trained to live vicariously through others, this would never have happened.

WE put the sports industry and movie industry and music industry into the positions they are in. It didnt happen magically. WE DID IT.

Why do atheltes make so much more money than you? Why do owners raise ticket prices?

Because WE want to watch them play.

If you don't want to support it... DON'T.
but that will probably be pretty hard since your'e a DieHardCubbie.
But dont accuse others of being evil.
Your priorites are just as screwed up my friend.
"Baseball is like church. Many attend. Few understand." -- Leo Durocher
stevelabny
College Coach
College Coach

Postby DieHardCubbie » Fri Dec 12, 2003 12:19 am

stevelabny wrote:
should they get paid more? YES YES ONE MILLION TIMES YES.

More than us...yes...as we are a society driven by entertainment.....but as to say millions time more....NO.....

more than the highway worker that paves the road for their Mercedes to get to the park on.....more than the doctors that work to cure the horrible diseases that plague our earth.....millions of time more that these people....

stevelabny wrote:Why are you wasting time watching baseball instead of feeding the hungry or healing the sick?

actually, my company gives a large amount of money each year for needy causes....mostly in our local area....but yes some of it goes to world wide needs.....

stevelabny wrote:If as a society we werent so shallow and trained to live vicariously through others, this would never have happened.

I couldn't agree more.... :-)

stevelabny wrote:WE put the sports industry and movie industry and music industry into the positions they are in. It didnt happen magically. WE DID IT.

The whole point of my first post was....Yes we did it...now it is our time to take it back.....WE did it....THEY abused it.....

stevelabny wrote:Your priorites are just as screwed up my friend.

Nope...mine are in order..... ;-)

stevelabny wrote:Unless you really are a communist?

Nope not at all..... :-)

I really did not mean for this to be a personal attack at you steve....It is not.....just responding to your post..... :-)
[b]Useless Trivia of the day[/b]

England's Worcester Canoe Club set the world record for paddling a hand-propelled bathtub. The 25 man team covered a distance of 55 miles, 425 yards in 24 hours on September 28 and 29, 1979.
DieHardCubbie
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberPick 3 Weekly Winner

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers