You didn't really think there wouldn't be a price, did you? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

You didn't really think there wouldn't be a price, did you?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

You didn't really think there wouldn't be a price, did you?

Postby Madison » Wed Dec 10, 2003 1:48 pm

Yankees ticket prices rise average of 10 percent

By RONALD BLUM, AP Sports Writer
December 9, 2003
NEW YORK (AP) -- Yankees fans will pay an average of 10 percent more next year for their team's high-priced roster.

New York confirmed the increases Tuesday, with the cost of field and loge box seats -- which include waiter service -- rising from $72 to $80 next season. Those seats are available only as part of season ticket plans and already have sold out.

For the second straight season, the Yankees are discounting seats sold in advance, both as part of season plans and on an individual game basis.

ADVERTISEMENT

While the cost of infield box seats in the lower deck will go up from $52 to $70, the price will increase from $50 to $60 if the tickets are bought in advance and from $45 to $55 if they are purchased as part of a season plan.

About 31,000 seats will have price increases, and about 24,700 will remain the same, Yankees spokesman Rick Cerrone said.

The increases were first reported Tuesday by The New York Post.

New York, which won its sixth AL pennant in eight years but failed to win the World Series, had the highest payroll in baseball at $164 million, not including performance and award bonuses. The Yankees project they will pay $50 million in revenue sharing and $11 million in luxury tax.

For individual games, field and loge infield box seats rise from $47 to $55, main infield reserves go from $42 to $50, upper infield boxes increase from $37 to $45, main outfield boxes and loge outfield boxes go from $42 to $45 and main outfield reserved increase from $35 to $40.

Remaining the same are upper outfield box ($35), upper reserved ($20) and bleachers ($10).

New York will maintain a discount program in which upper reserved seats will cost $14 for all Tuesday games, except the one against Boston, and for select Monday-to-Thursday night games in April, May and September. In addition, all upper deck seats will cost $5 on 10 dates.

The Yankees had an average ticket price of $24.86 last season, according to the Team Marketing Report, the second-highest in baseball behind Boston ($42.34). The Red Sox play in Fenway Park, which has the smallest capacity in the major leagues at about 34,000.

New York has not determined when individual tickets go on sale.

Updated on Tuesday, Dec 9, 2003 4:52 pm EST

Yes doctor, I am sick.
Sick of those who are spineless.
Sick of those who feel self-entitled.
Sick of those who are hypocrites.
Yes doctor, an army is forming.
Yes doctor, there will be a war.
Yes doctor, there will be blood.....
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

ExecutiveEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby trevisc » Wed Dec 10, 2003 1:57 pm

considering every game is like being at an Allstar game i'd say that's a bargain!
trevisc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe Ranker
Location: Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2004,2005 Keeper League Champion

Postby tlef316 » Wed Dec 10, 2003 2:44 pm

good point
welcome home andy
tlef316
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby yeyo44 » Wed Dec 10, 2003 2:47 pm

hey the boss has got to pay those large contracts some how..so what not screw the fan. LOL
yeyo44
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby mtarail » Wed Dec 10, 2003 2:51 pm

As long as a backwater-market, low-salary team is champion I will not cry for the poor folks in Manhatten and the Bronx having to shell out more for tix.
Bluto: Over? Did you say over? NOTHING is over until WE decide it is! Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? HELL, NO!
Otter: Germans?
Boon: Forget it, he's rolling.
mtarail
General Manager
General Manager

Postby wrveres » Thu Dec 11, 2003 3:25 am

mtarail wrote:As long as a backwater-market, low-salary team is champion I will not cry for the poor folks in Manhatten and the Bronx having to shell out more for tix.

great post ... worth the bump ....

oh yeah .. Ditto .. ;-D
25                "Love the Padres"
Rafael

Dodgers FAIL|Mets FAIL|Canada FAIL
wrveres
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe Musketeer
(Past Year: 1147)

Postby stevelabny » Thu Dec 11, 2003 3:31 am

if you guys see any yanks fan complaining about ticket prices, let me know

i'll go to their house and slap them silly.

there is absolutely nothing wrong with the ticket prices at the stadium.

Nowhere in the Constituion (or the Bible if youre into that) does it say that you have the right to cheap baseball tickets.
"Baseball is like church. Many attend. Few understand." -- Leo Durocher
stevelabny
College Coach
College Coach

Postby HOOTIE » Thu Dec 11, 2003 3:44 am

stevelabny wrote:if you guys see any yanks fan complaining about ticket prices, let me know

i'll go to their house and slap them silly.

there is absolutely nothing wrong with the ticket prices at the stadium.

Nowhere in the Constituion (or the Bible if youre into that) does it say that you have the right to cheap baseball tickets.

For the price of a lousy 2 games, you can go get a dish, with a bb package, and watch as many as 12 games a day, and you don't even have to look for parking. ;-D
You can have your $50-$70 ticket, I will sit back, crack open a cold one, and look for you on tv :-D
Smells Like Teen Spirit
HOOTIE
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 303)
Location: Pearl Jam country, right next door to Nirvana, Soundgarden, and Alice in Chains.

Postby stevelabny » Thu Dec 11, 2003 4:20 am

did i imply i actually GO to the stadium?

nah.

im too cheap and lazy.

i went a lot in 95 and 96. when we were first good again after sucking my entire childhood. since then i only go with free tickets
:-D

of course, i also dont understand the baseball package.
without paying 160 for it, i already get all this on directtv:

1> every yankees game 2> every mets game 3> most braves games 4> some cubs and white sox games 5> espn games on sunday and wednesday and the occasional afternoons PLUS their backup games 6> baseball tonight, sportscenter, and various highlight shows on espn, msg,and fox sports.

and on top of that, the first week of the season is usually a free preview, so i can check ou the rookies in action

that 160 is better spent so i can watch my redskins play every week during football season.
"Baseball is like church. Many attend. Few understand." -- Leo Durocher
stevelabny
College Coach
College Coach

Postby wrveres » Thu Dec 11, 2003 5:02 am

stevelabny wrote: Nowhere in the Constituion (or the Bible if youre into that) does it say that you have the right to cheap baseball tickets.

LMAO ...

there is a huge difference between watching baseball on tv and going to a game. I can get in a game for 5.00 .. (chit I need to check that out, doh)
.. but my point is The players, The crack of the bat, The thud of the ball hitting the glove, the close play at first and the double down the line .. .. .. its just not the same on TV ... IMHO
25                "Love the Padres"
Rafael

Dodgers FAIL|Mets FAIL|Canada FAIL
wrveres
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe Musketeer
(Past Year: 1147)

Next

Return to Baseball Leftovers