just drafted, 10 team roto, standard 5 x 5 cats - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team

just drafted, 10 team roto, standard 5 x 5 cats

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

just drafted, 10 team roto, standard 5 x 5 cats

Postby DVauthrin » Sat Mar 24, 2007 12:56 pm

C-Piazza
1B-Ortiz
2B-Roberts, Kinsler
SS-Lopez
3B-Zimmerman, Gordon
OF-Damon, Abreu, Delmon Young, Rios, Drew(start 3)
UTL-Hafner
UTL-LaRoche

We start 3 SP, 2 RP, 3 any P as well.

SP-Lackey, Haren, Sabathia, C. Young, Escobar, Olsen
RP-Wickman, Zumaya, Shields, Broxton

I already know saves will be an issue, but that's why I loaded up on 3 of the best setup men in the game. Overall, i'm very happy with this draft.
hook em horns, go stros
DVauthrin
Basketball Scribe
Basketball Scribe

CafeholicFantasy Expert
(Past Year: 13)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby gocards » Sat Mar 24, 2007 1:09 pm

That team looks very nice, very balanced-should compete in every cat except saves. I think you have 2 starting 2B, could you move one for an actual closer?

Take a look at mine:
http://www.fantasybaseballcafe.com/foru ... p?t=261069
gocards
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Football

Postby noday16 » Sat Mar 24, 2007 1:14 pm

I'd definitely try to make a move for a closer, which will make you passable in that category for the short-term... in the long-term, Zumaya is likely to take over the role in Detroit, so you'd get extra help there.

Looks like a solid team overall.
Rate mine: http://www.fantasybaseballcafe.com/foru ... p?t=261373
noday16
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Postby Justblaze » Sat Mar 24, 2007 2:18 pm

I definitely would consider trading one of your OF for a RP. I think Delmon Young with all the Hype can net you the most. Damon and Abreu obviously will, but are aren't selling high. Rios is underrated and is a VERY solid third OF with Drew a very close fourth. Drew will probably rotate with LaRoche depending on how he pans out in Pit. Delmon would be the guy I would try to deal. He has more question on him, along with a very young lineup around him.

I'd try to deal Young for a closer like Fuentes and or a VERY underrated Saito.

I'd wait for Gordon to start heating up and trading him as well.

You have a solid SP staff, strong and deep. Nice.

rate mine?
http://www.fantasybaseballcafe.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=2118945#2118945
Justblaze
General Manager
General Manager

Fantasy Expert

Postby fraquar » Sat Mar 24, 2007 2:49 pm

Gordon heats up he likely won't cool off.

Besides, the Royals will likely have a better offense in front of Gordon than the Nationals will in front of Zimmerman.

Personnally, I'd be looking to cash in on Zimmerman and be happy with Gordon. Gordon will provide more in the SB department to boot.

That KC offense is gonna rake this year - even in the pitching rich AL Central. Rare that you see this many hitters all in one lineup all primed for making a serious impact or breaking out entirely (Shealy, Gordon, Teahen, DeJesus) as well as a capable bench in German and Gload and Huber to fall on later in the year. Throw in capable veterans like Grudz and Sweeney - we all know what he is capable of if he could ever stay healthy - even for just a a 3 month stretch.

I wouldn't be a bit surprised when Gordon outperforms Zimmerman this year. Especially with the new manager in Washington likely to put the brakes on Lopez in the running game, Nook Logan of all people the possibly being the leadoff hitter, no Soriano and Johnson out for at the very least the first half of the season - and it isn't out of the question that he could possibly be out for the entire year.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------
---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Added: I'm a Tigers fan and that Royals lineup concerns me as much the Indians lineup.
fraquar
College Coach
College Coach

Postby jellyman » Wed Mar 28, 2007 3:54 pm

Try to trade Kinsler and maybe Shields for a closer.

Otherwise, a very nice team ... good power with Ortiz and Hafner, balanced with strong BA with Abreu/Damon et al. No dominat SB guys, but steals all over the place with Roberts, Abreu, Damon, Young, Rios and even Zimmerman.

But because no dominant SB, cannot trade Roberts.

Starting pitching is solid, with no weak or dangerous pitchers, but no true studs, other than MAYBE Lackey (is he considered a stud ... I like him, and his consistency and still possessed youth, but is he a startying stud?)
"If one word will suffice, then ten thousand CERTAINLY will."

"The lost causes are the ONLY causes worth fighting for."
jellyman
College Coach
College Coach

Postby tinfoilxtouch » Wed Mar 28, 2007 4:29 pm

I like it a lot... you have lots of chips that you can use in trades later too. You have two legit players at both 3b and 2b, as well as some extra power in the OF. I personally would start moving a couple of those guys for more pitching whenever they get hot, just like everyone else here is saying. Nice draft ;-D

A little help with mine? Link is in the profile.
tinfoilxtouch
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby waltb87 » Wed Mar 28, 2007 5:59 pm

i do agree with everyone else, your team looks solid...except maybe for an ace closer...thats all you need
waltb87
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby negola_d » Thu Mar 29, 2007 7:23 am

I agree.
You should try to trade for a closer.
negola_d
College Coach
College Coach

Postby shiskebob11 » Fri Mar 30, 2007 9:59 am

While dealing for an ace closer, I'd also combine two OF and trade for one that has significant power....You can't have all 5, trade 2 for one..get more power and then check the FA and pick up another up and coming OF like Young in AZ...there will be some that produce well...

also, which pitcher did you like better when you drafted Olsen or Escobar? I can pick up one...please respond to the link below, thanks...

http://www.fantasybaseballcafe.com/foru ... p?t=264327
shiskebob11
College Coach
College Coach

Next

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team