Aubrey's career would be over before it even began.... - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Aubrey's career would be over before it even began....

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Aubrey's career would be over before it even began....

Postby nsulham » Tue Dec 09, 2003 7:33 pm

http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/news?slug=i ... &type=lgns

Add Devil Rays 1B Aubrey Huff to the Dodgers' wish list. 8-o L.A. might be willing to offer either of its pitching phenoms, RHP Edwin Jackson or LHP Greg Miller, but the Rays could be reluctant to part with Huff, who is three years from becoming a free agent. . . .

The Braves tried to sell the Orioles on a Javy Lopez-for-Melvin Mora trade last spring, before Lopez turned into a 43-homer behemoth. Now Lopez is one of the Orioles' primary free-agent targets, and Mora could be their everyday third baseman. . . .

Why is Yankees owner George Steinbrenner hot to sign CF Kenny Lofton and make Bernie Williams a DH? One scout says the two are practically even in center, noting that Lofton sometimes takes poor angles. Lofton, though, would be a needed leadoff hitter. . . .

Free agent Rich Aurilia wants to remain a shortstop, but teams are gauging his willingness to play second or third base. The Red Sox will consider him at second if they fail to sign free agent Tony Graffanino, and the Indians and Dodgers have asked about him playing third. Aurilia also has options at short. . . .

Free-agent 2B Fernando Vina made sense for the Cubs because of his lefthanded bat, but Mark Grudzielanek had a .366 on-base percentage last season, a mark that Vina has exceeded only once since 1998. Grudzielanek batted .359 in September. . . .

One G.M. laughs at the idea of the Mets trading OF Roger Cedeno to the Padres for OF Terrence Long. "Cedeno can't do anything," the G.M. says. "Long isn't a bad player; he's just overpaid." Cedeno is owed $10 million through 2005, Long $8.1 million. The Padres also wanted the Mets to take RHP Kevin Jarvis at $4.25 million. No go.
nsulham
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicFantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Aubrey's career would be over before it even began....

Postby j_d_mcnugent » Tue Dec 09, 2003 8:04 pm

everything i have ever heard about edwin jackson and greg miller is that they are untouchable. i dont see the dodgers doing that trade. they are offering odalis for everything under the sun at the moment.
back from the dead
j_d_mcnugent
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe Ranker

Postby ukjohn » Tue Dec 09, 2003 9:00 pm

no!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have both Jackson and Miller in my keeper league, going to the D-Rays would kill me!!!!!!!!!!
"I'm out like a fat girl in dodge ball"
ukjohn
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby Madison » Tue Dec 09, 2003 9:50 pm

Huff's career wouldn't be over, but it would take a serious hit though. :-/
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Sick of those who are spineless.
Sick of those who feel self-entitled.
Sick of those who are hypocrites.
Yes doctor, an army is forming.
Yes doctor, there will be a war.
Yes doctor, there will be blood.....
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

ExecutiveEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby MikeeDee » Tue Dec 09, 2003 9:54 pm

Huff's career wouldn't be over, but it would take a serious hit though.

Not only that, it just wouldn't make sense. The Rays don't need more prospects. They need good Major Leaguers and in Huff they have a very good one.
MikeeDee
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

Return to Baseball Leftovers