First draft of the year...How'd I do? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team

First draft of the year...How'd I do?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

First draft of the year...How'd I do?

Postby gocards » Fri Mar 23, 2007 2:25 pm

12 team 5x5 H2H league:

C R Martin
1B Teixiera
2B Kinsler
3B Wright
SS M Young
OF Dye
OF Pierre
OF Rios
U Helton
B C Burke (2B,OF)
B Youkilis (1B,2B,OF)

S F Hernandez
S CC Sabathia
R Ray
R Dempster
P Wang
P Borowski
P Lilly
B Hudson
B Penny
B K Escobar

The 3 Texas infielders are a fluke. I got Tex early 2nd, Young late 3rd, and Kinsler 10-11th round.

What do you all think?
gocards
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Football

Postby rails80 » Fri Mar 23, 2007 2:34 pm

Not too bad. You can probably use some OF depth help. Dye isn't going to have nearly the year he had last year, and Burke is overrated. You are putting a lot of stock in Pierre and Rios I think...other than that, your IF looks pretty solid and your pitching staff should be all right.
rails80
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Response TeamFantasy Expert
(Past Year: 255)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby dc928 » Fri Mar 23, 2007 3:01 pm

I think you get a good team. I agree Chris Burke is alittle over rated but most people like me grab him near the very last round anyways so I think he is okay. I don't like Youkilis as much unless you have OBP, he has a very very slow bat speed. There is get to be someone else out there you can get out of Waiver. I like Shane Victoriano, he will bat between Howard, and Ultey a very good spot to bat at. Try to see if he is out there. Your OF is a little lite but should be okay, someone just mention Chris Duncan to me. He is in my wavier I might go pick him up, try to see if he is out there as well.

Please rate mine as well~

http://www.fantasybaseballcafe.com/foru ... p?t=261072
dc928
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby gocards » Sat Mar 24, 2007 1:52 am

Thanks for the input.

My OF is a definate problem, the draft went strange and there were never OF's worth drafting when I was up. I took Dye early 4th, Pierre late 5th(REACH), and Rios early 10th (good value?).

I hope one(or more) of my late round SP gambles-Hudson and Penny- start hot and I can move for a quality OF.

Burke and Youkilis were picked only for multiple position eligibility, and will be dropped soon-hopefully for Duncan who ironically, considering my screen name, I forgot about.
gocards
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Football

Postby noday16 » Sat Mar 24, 2007 1:28 pm

Rios in the 10th is a good pickup. If he returns to his pre-infection form from a year ago, that's an absolute steal, obviously.

I think you have a solid team here. With a bit more OF depth, you should be pretty much set - and Duncan is certainly a step in that direction.
noday16
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Postby Geek » Sat Mar 24, 2007 1:50 pm

My only concern would be whether you have enough power--one of the reasons I almost always avoid Pierre is that he really kills a team in RBI and HR.

Pitching wise, I think Escobar is your #3 starter. To add some K's you may want to pick up a dominant MR.
Geek
General Manager
General Manager

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team