Apple TV? 299$ What is this trash!! HAHAH - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

Apple TV? 299$ What is this trash!! HAHAH

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby teddy ballgame » Sat Mar 24, 2007 6:50 pm

eftda wrote:
acsguitar wrote:
Cleveland Steamers wrote:How about Windows Media Center and the XBox 360? You can send movies, pictures, music, etc wirelessly from your PC to the 360...

I guess $300 for Apple's box...or $300 for Microsoft's 360 that allows you to play games, play DVDs', download movies, tv shows, game demos, etc....

I guess I would go with Apple's box... :-? :-?


Exactly...you could do this with a linux box as well for way way way cheaper


Geez, you really have a vendetta against apple. :-t

Has he said anything that's not true?
Image
teddy ballgame
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 11485
Joined: 7 Feb 2006
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Beantown

Postby acsguitar » Sat Mar 24, 2007 8:08 pm

teddy ballgame wrote:
eftda wrote:
acsguitar wrote:
Cleveland Steamers wrote:How about Windows Media Center and the XBox 360? You can send movies, pictures, music, etc wirelessly from your PC to the 360...

I guess $300 for Apple's box...or $300 for Microsoft's 360 that allows you to play games, play DVDs', download movies, tv shows, game demos, etc....

I guess I would go with Apple's box... :-? :-?


Exactly...you could do this with a linux box as well for way way way cheaper


Geez, you really have a vendetta against apple. :-t

Has he said anything that's not true?


Right everything I said is true. Apple makes Fashionable electronics and claims they "Revolutionize" the technology.

They over charge and mislead consumers into following a FAD rather then making smart consumer decisions based on performance.

Lets see:

IPOD: Less features then other MP3 players by far for the same money.

Apple Phone: "Revolutionary" Touch Screen. In actuality the touch screen on phones is many years old. Most of the features are very dated in fact.

IMAC: No complaints there computers are actually much better then they used to be and a good option for a non gaming PC. Again though they make them "Pretty" and charge alot more then for comparable PC's.

Apple TV: 3 times more expensive then a comparable product but much cooler looking.


Just a pet peeve of mine.
I'm too lazy to make a sig at the moment
acsguitar
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Graphics Expert
Posts: 26722
Joined: 7 Apr 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Back in General Talk WOOO!!!

Postby eftda » Sun Mar 25, 2007 12:34 am

I wasn't going to get the apple tv, don't worry. I was simply stating that you jump on every apple product saying its a ripoff. I am not saying some of the products aren't. I am simply stating that you got over the apple iphone and now the apple tv.
eftda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 9790
Joined: 11 Mar 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Tavish » Sun Mar 25, 2007 12:44 am

acsguitar wrote:
Cleveland Steamers wrote:How about Windows Media Center and the XBox 360? You can send movies, pictures, music, etc wirelessly from your PC to the 360...

I guess $300 for Apple's box...or $300 for Microsoft's 360 that allows you to play games, play DVDs', download movies, tv shows, game demos, etc....

I guess I would go with Apple's box... :-? :-?


Exactly...you could do this with a linux box as well for way way way cheaper


But you would have to actually learn how to setup an OS if you went that route. That would be too much work. You are better off sticking with MS or Apple.
Image

Bury me a Royal.
Tavish
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

User avatar
CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterWeb Supporter
Posts: 11066
(Past Year: 70)
Joined: 3 May 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby TheA'sFatLeadoffMan » Sun Mar 25, 2007 1:20 am

Yeah, Linux is not for the average person
Image
TheA'sFatLeadoffMan
Major League Manager
Major League Manager


Posts: 1505
Joined: 7 Mar 2006
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Daryush » Sun Mar 25, 2007 6:50 am

TheA'sFatLeadoffMan wrote:Yeah, Linux is not for the average person


Exactly, this is for the average person. A 360 plus WMC would be a better option, but it won't play the videos and songs purchased by the average person on iTunes.

Ease of use is very important and Apple seems to always provide it.
Daryush
Little League Legend
Little League Legend


Posts: 7
Joined: 24 Mar 2007
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby acsguitar » Sun Mar 25, 2007 2:21 pm

Daryush wrote:
TheA'sFatLeadoffMan wrote:Yeah, Linux is not for the average person


Exactly, this is for the average person. A 360 plus WMC would be a better option, but it won't play the videos and songs purchased by the average person on iTunes.

Ease of use is very important and Apple seems to always provide it.


Wow no one sensed tavish's sarcasm. I did at least.

I really think having to not think is to much of an excuse these days. The road MS went with vista really stinks from what I know so far because its aimed at the Apple don't think push pretty buttons crowd :-t
I'm too lazy to make a sig at the moment
acsguitar
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Graphics Expert
Posts: 26722
Joined: 7 Apr 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Back in General Talk WOOO!!!

Postby Daryush » Sun Mar 25, 2007 5:29 pm

acsguitar wrote:
Daryush wrote:
TheA'sFatLeadoffMan wrote:Yeah, Linux is not for the average person


Exactly, this is for the average person. A 360 plus WMC would be a better option, but it won't play the videos and songs purchased by the average person on iTunes.

Ease of use is very important and Apple seems to always provide it.


Wow no one sensed tavish's sarcasm. I did at least.

I really think having to not think is to much of an excuse these days. The road MS went with vista really stinks from what I know so far because its aimed at the Apple don't think push pretty buttons crowd :-t


Vista's ease of use is a poor as it only involves clicking yes or no. But what is wrong with having a device that just plugs in and just works? It may not be the best overall solution but for someone that just wants to download movies or TV shows off of iTunes it works great.
Daryush
Little League Legend
Little League Legend


Posts: 7
Joined: 24 Mar 2007
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby acsguitar » Sun Mar 25, 2007 6:50 pm

Daryush wrote:
acsguitar wrote:
Daryush wrote:
TheA'sFatLeadoffMan wrote:Yeah, Linux is not for the average person


Exactly, this is for the average person. A 360 plus WMC would be a better option, but it won't play the videos and songs purchased by the average person on iTunes.

Ease of use is very important and Apple seems to always provide it.


Wow no one sensed tavish's sarcasm. I did at least.

I really think having to not think is to much of an excuse these days. The road MS went with vista really stinks from what I know so far because its aimed at the Apple don't think push pretty buttons crowd :-t


Vista's ease of use is a poor as it only involves clicking yes or no. But what is wrong with having a device that just plugs in and just works? It may not be the best overall solution but for someone that just wants to download movies or TV shows off of iTunes it works great.


Good point if you are willing to pay the money then there is nothing wrong with it.

I always look for the best bang for the buck and also try to learn something in the meantime.

Sometimes I just can't stand the apple attitude.
I'm too lazy to make a sig at the moment
acsguitar
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Graphics Expert
Posts: 26722
Joined: 7 Apr 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Back in General Talk WOOO!!!

Previous

Return to General Talk

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: unioreimi and 5 guests

cron
Forums Articles & Tips Sleepers Rankings Leagues


Today's Games
Sunday, Apr. 20
(All times are EST, weather icons show forecast for game time)

Toronto at Cleveland
(1:05 pm)
LA Angels at Detroit
(1:08 pm)
Seattle at Miami
(1:10 pm)
indoors
Atlanta at NY Mets
(1:10 pm)
Milwaukee at Pittsburgh
(1:35 pm)
St. Louis at Washington
(1:35 pm)
NY Yankees at Tampa Bay
(1:40 pm)
indoors
Minnesota at Kansas City
(2:10 pm)
Cincinnati at Chi Cubs
(2:20 pm)
Chi White Sox at Texas
(3:05 pm)
Houston at Oakland
(4:05 pm)
Philadelphia at Colorado
(4:10 pm)
Arizona at LA Dodgers
(4:10 pm)
San Francisco at San Diego
(4:10 pm)
Baltimore at Boston
(7:05 pm)

  • Fantasy Baseball
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact