Apple TV? 299$ What is this trash!! HAHAH - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

Apple TV? 299$ What is this trash!! HAHAH

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Apple TV? 299$ What is this trash!! HAHAH

Postby acsguitar » Fri Mar 23, 2007 1:09 pm

http://www.apple.com/appletv/

Your computer is the center of your digital life. Your TV is the center of your entertainment life. But what if you want to watch movies, TV shows, movie trailers, podcasts, and photos from your computer on your TV? At $299, Apple TV brings iTunes to the big screen.
The revolution will be televised.

Say you’ve just downloaded Cars from iTunes. Instead of huddling around your computer to watch, you pop some popcorn while your computer wirelessly syncs your new flick to Apple TV. Then you pull up a seat, put up your feet, and pick up the included Apple Remote to play your movie on TV. Give yourself a hand: You've just changed the way you watch digital media.


BWHAHAHA..

Man I feel stupid for buying a 20 $ VGA cable to Magically Watch movies from my laptop. I woulda been way way cooler if I had bought a 200$ box that does the same thing.

Boy am I stupid

This is why I hate apple. Crap like this
The revolution will be televised.
.

They are trying to make it look like that have invented some amazing thing that allows your Media to be broadcast onto you TV. WEOWOOWOWOW All you need is a cable.

Oh your computer is in a different room then your tv??

Well you can buy a similar device for around 100$ that will wireless sync your media.

Or if you have a cheap laptop you could use that to access your other files on the network.

Stupid apple[/code]
I'm too lazy to make a sig at the moment
acsguitar
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Graphics Expert
Posts: 26722
Joined: 7 Apr 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Back in General Talk WOOO!!!

Postby Yoda » Fri Mar 23, 2007 1:47 pm

Wireless connection from PC to TV sounds awesome.
Yoda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter
Posts: 21344
Joined: 21 Jan 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: 15th green...

Postby acsguitar » Fri Mar 23, 2007 2:18 pm

Yoda wrote:Wireless connection from PC to TV sounds awesome.


GRRR But even thats been out for 3 years at a 3rd of the price!!

Here's one for 90 bucks

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.a ... 6882103601
I'm too lazy to make a sig at the moment
acsguitar
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Graphics Expert
Posts: 26722
Joined: 7 Apr 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Back in General Talk WOOO!!!

Postby HiddenIdentity » Fri Mar 23, 2007 2:53 pm

I'd prefer my Tivo box because I can send video/music files both ways.
Image
HiddenIdentity
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

User avatar
Eagle Eye
Posts: 1417
Joined: 9 Jul 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Cleveland Steamers » Fri Mar 23, 2007 3:09 pm

How about Windows Media Center and the XBox 360? You can send movies, pictures, music, etc wirelessly from your PC to the 360...

I guess $300 for Apple's box...or $300 for Microsoft's 360 that allows you to play games, play DVDs', download movies, tv shows, game demos, etc....

I guess I would go with Apple's box... :-? :-?
Cleveland Steamers
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
Cafe WriterMock(ing) Drafter
Posts: 3739
Joined: 12 Jan 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Everywhere...looking for a job in baseball...or fantasy sports...

Postby TheA'sFatLeadoffMan » Fri Mar 23, 2007 3:14 pm

Funniest thing is the box only works with widescreen TV's, yet iTunes only sells standard def video, in the elequent words of Gob Bluth "Come on!".
Image
TheA'sFatLeadoffMan
Major League Manager
Major League Manager


Posts: 1505
Joined: 7 Mar 2006
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby j_d_mcnugent » Fri Mar 23, 2007 3:45 pm

meh, i can do that already. plus as you should know by now apple limits you to things in the apple universe...you couldnt stream an xvid file for instance (without hacking the thing).
back from the dead
j_d_mcnugent
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
CafeholicCafe Ranker
Posts: 3766
Joined: 1 May 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: bored at work

Postby acsguitar » Fri Mar 23, 2007 3:53 pm

Cleveland Steamers wrote:How about Windows Media Center and the XBox 360? You can send movies, pictures, music, etc wirelessly from your PC to the 360...

I guess $300 for Apple's box...or $300 for Microsoft's 360 that allows you to play games, play DVDs', download movies, tv shows, game demos, etc....

I guess I would go with Apple's box... :-? :-?


Exactly...you could do this with a linux box as well for way way way cheaper
I'm too lazy to make a sig at the moment
acsguitar
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Graphics Expert
Posts: 26722
Joined: 7 Apr 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Back in General Talk WOOO!!!

Postby eftda » Fri Mar 23, 2007 8:49 pm

acsguitar wrote:
Cleveland Steamers wrote:How about Windows Media Center and the XBox 360? You can send movies, pictures, music, etc wirelessly from your PC to the 360...

I guess $300 for Apple's box...or $300 for Microsoft's 360 that allows you to play games, play DVDs', download movies, tv shows, game demos, etc....

I guess I would go with Apple's box... :-? :-?


Exactly...you could do this with a linux box as well for way way way cheaper


Geez, you really have a vendetta against apple. :-t
eftda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 9790
Joined: 11 Mar 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby j_d_mcnugent » Sat Mar 24, 2007 6:48 pm

eftda wrote:
acsguitar wrote:
Cleveland Steamers wrote:How about Windows Media Center and the XBox 360? You can send movies, pictures, music, etc wirelessly from your PC to the 360...

I guess $300 for Apple's box...or $300 for Microsoft's 360 that allows you to play games, play DVDs', download movies, tv shows, game demos, etc....

I guess I would go with Apple's box... :-? :-?


Exactly...you could do this with a linux box as well for way way way cheaper


Geez, you really have a vendetta against apple. :-t


gizmodo has a 360 v. apple tv comparison. they seem to say the same thing. apple tv works well but for almost the same price you could get something that does more.

http://gizmodo.com/gadgets/home-enterta ... 246440.php
back from the dead
j_d_mcnugent
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
CafeholicCafe Ranker
Posts: 3766
Joined: 1 May 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: bored at work

Next

Return to General Talk

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: unioreimi and 4 guests

Forums Articles & Tips Sleepers Rankings Leagues


  • Fantasy Baseball
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact