Neyer on the giants - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Neyer on the giants

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby LCBOY » Tue Dec 09, 2003 5:13 pm

wrveres wrote:Neyer is the most biased reporter there is ..... and not 'for' the Giants ...... anything to promote himself .... should be his motto ..

I haven't read the article yet but lets see how many cracks he takes at Barry .. .. .. .. .

wow only 1 ...not bad Neyer .. i'm impressed... To many other issues with the Giants .... ;-D

I'm confused? What crack did Neyer take on Bonds? Bonds will be 40 years old in July. He is at the age where a sudden decline can happen. All players lose it around age 40. This is a well document trend, not opinion. I wouldn't be suprised if Bonds "slumped" to 25-30 HRs 80 RBIs, .290 avg. Or his decline may not happen until age 41 or 42. Nothing is 100%, right DK? :-D
LCBOY
General Manager
General Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby HOOTIE » Wed Dec 10, 2003 2:08 am

Madison wrote:
If I had to pick a winner right now, it would be the Padres. ;-)

SD has improved, but not quite that much. :-o
SD won't win 85 games.
Smells Like Teen Spirit
HOOTIE
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 296)
Location: Pearl Jam country, right next door to Nirvana, Soundgarden, and Alice in Chains.

Postby wrveres » Wed Dec 10, 2003 4:03 am

LCBOY wrote:
wrveres wrote:Neyer is the most biased reporter there is ..... and not 'for' the Giants ...... anything to promote himself .... should be his motto ..

I haven't read the article yet but lets see how many cracks he takes at Barry .. .. .. .. .

wow only 1 ...not bad Neyer .. i'm impressed... To many other issues with the Giants .... ;-D

I'm confused? What crack did Neyer take on Bonds? Bonds will be 40 years old in July. He is at the age where a sudden decline can happen. All players lose it around age 40. This is a well document trend, not opinion. I wouldn't be suprised if Bonds "slumped" to 25-30 HRs 80 RBIs, .290 avg. Or his decline may not happen until age 41 or 42. Nothing is 100%, right DK? :-D

well I am not going to get into a debate with you over someone as meaningless as Neyer .... but he is the posterchild for "The Press Hating Barry" .... :-t Neyer could suck my ... sorry G rated here.. :-]
wrveres
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe Musketeer
(Past Year: 671)

Postby eftda » Wed Dec 10, 2003 11:22 am

Who said that the Giants are done wil making moves, vlad still has to be signed by Orange and black? :-b
eftda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Madison » Wed Dec 10, 2003 12:26 pm

HOOTIE wrote:
Madison wrote:

SD won't win 85 games.

Hmm......I see a vast improvement in the Padres. :-? 85 wins doesn't seem out of the question to me. :-?

:-o I just realized that I'm disagreeing with Hootie! 8-o Please be nice when you bring out the numbers! :-o

;-)
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Sick of those who are spineless.
Sick of those who feel self-entitled.
Sick of those who are hypocrites.
Yes doctor, an army is forming.
Yes doctor, there will be a war.
Yes doctor, there will be blood.....
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

ExecutiveEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby mtarail » Wed Dec 10, 2003 3:00 pm

The writer is a punk but I agree with him on the point that a team with Tucker/Hammonds, Perez, and Feliz in the starting lineup is worrisome. Not to mention how weak Alfonzo was last year. Hopefully Magowan will open his wallet a few more times for free agents. Even if something like the lineup above hits the field I don't see anybody besides the D-Backs making a serious run, unless the Dodgers can get another decent bat or two.
Bluto: Over? Did you say over? NOTHING is over until WE decide it is! Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? HELL, NO!
Otter: Germans?
Boon: Forget it, he's rolling.
mtarail
General Manager
General Manager

Postby LCBOY » Wed Dec 10, 2003 3:22 pm

wrveres wrote:
LCBOY wrote:

well I am not going to get into a debate with you over someone as meaningless as Neyer .... but he is the posterchild for "The Press Hating Barry" .... :-t Neyer could suck my ... sorry G rated here.. :-]

No debate needed. But can you give examples of Neyer "hating Barry". If you are going to make such statements you need to back it with evidence such as quotes from Neyer.
LCBOY
General Manager
General Manager

Postby wrveres » Wed Dec 10, 2003 7:48 pm

LCBOY wrote:
wrveres wrote:
LCBOY wrote:

No debate needed. But can you give examples of Neyer "hating Barry". If you are going to make such statements you need to back it with evidence such as quotes from Neyer.

Apoligies to all ...

don't ask how I got Neyer and Ratto confused but I did .. My apolgies to Mr Neyer's parents too .. :-]

Ray Ratto is the most biased reporter around ...... :-)
wrveres
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe Musketeer
(Past Year: 671)

Postby shortsavage » Wed Dec 10, 2003 9:43 pm

After my letter to Ray and the emphasis that you placed on your hatred toward him, you should be able to recognize his name like a sore thumb.

Your confusion is not forgiven :-t :-D .
Mike Pelfrey > Matt Garza
shortsavage
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterWeb Supporter

Postby HOOTIE » Wed Dec 10, 2003 9:48 pm

Madison wrote:
HOOTIE wrote:
Madison wrote:

SD won't win 85 games.

Hmm......I see a vast improvement in the Padres. :-? 85 wins doesn't seem out of the question to me. :-?

:-o I just realized that I'm disagreeing with Hootie! 8-o Please be nice when you bring out the numbers! :-o

;-)

No numbers buddy, just a hunch. We can pull this thread out come Oct. :-D
Smells Like Teen Spirit
HOOTIE
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 296)
Location: Pearl Jam country, right next door to Nirvana, Soundgarden, and Alice in Chains.

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers