cocky owner situation - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

cocky owner situation

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby bigh0rt » Thu Mar 22, 2007 10:36 pm

davidmarver wrote:
bigh0rt wrote:Drop an upper decker in his toilet.

I am actually going to be performing an upper decker at someone's house in less than a week. As horrible as the prank is, this person deserves far worse.

God bless.
bigh0rt
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 348)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby jlm53089 » Thu Mar 22, 2007 10:36 pm

just ignore it.
i am one who talks a lot.
but since he is the defending champ there is nothing you can say.
granted his knowledge of players like you said is kind of odd.
but its good for the game, buts a target on his back and makes it a lot more competative.
jlm53089
General Manager
General Manager

Pick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 3)

Postby Cards07Champs » Thu Mar 22, 2007 10:40 pm

Every league needs the Yankees.

Just think of this guy as Steinbrenner and you'll be all the happier when he's floundering in the middle.

Also remember, nobody wants to help the champ, he'll have a tough time making deals all season. He shouldn't be too hard to pass if any adversity hits his team.
Cards07Champs
College Coach
College Coach

Postby RJ24VC15 » Thu Mar 22, 2007 10:45 pm

Well if his team is not the best, it will stay that way. He sure sounds like he will not realize flaws in his team and make fair trades to correct them.
RJ24VC15
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Football

Postby K_Zone » Thu Mar 22, 2007 11:24 pm

A Fleshner Fantasy wrote:The main thing with these kind of guys is they think they are wayyyyyyy smarter than you. That being said, the only way I can think of is to sell players high. Shelton last year would be a great example of that. He sounds like the kind of guy that would significantly overpay for him at the beginning of the year.

The one bad thing about trading with someone like that is how confident they are in their team. They won't trade you anyone unless they rip you off, because they think their team as it is is so amazing.

Well if he is the defending champion he has the right, in a good league it takes a lot of research, staying active with your team, and a little bit of luck to win. He has every right to brag, and lay down some fantasy smack, you might think he is wrong, but all you can do is just try and beat him. Thats the fun is in my leagues, beating the other owners.

Remember there's no crying in baseball, and that includes fantasy baseball.
~Keep it in the K Zone~
K_Zone
College Coach
College Coach

Postby RynMan » Thu Mar 22, 2007 11:31 pm

bigh0rt wrote:
davidmarver wrote:
bigh0rt wrote:Drop an upper decker in his toilet.

I am actually going to be performing an upper decker at someone's house in less than a week. As horrible as the prank is, this person deserves far worse.

God bless.

God speed.
RynMan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerAward-Winning Graphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby mak1277 » Thu Mar 22, 2007 11:46 pm

Gotta tell you, there's nothing more fun than being the cocky defending champ...wait...yes there is...it's being the cocky 2-time defending champ.

My league-mates can't stand it, and I love it.
mak1277
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicFantasy Expert
(Past Year: 5)

Postby Chrisy Moltisanti » Fri Mar 23, 2007 12:49 am

mak1277 wrote:Gotta tell you, there's nothing more fun than being the cocky defending champ...wait...yes there is...it's being the cocky 2-time defending champ.

My league-mates can't stand it, and I love it.

lol, good call. I'm a cocky champ. But I don't go around saying "well I thought about trading Beltre and Pavano to you for Santana, but it's just to likely they'll bust out again because they're on my team" :-b

The guy probably is just trying to intimidate people in to crappy deals. I'd just focus my energy on finding a flaw in his valuation and/or strategy, play dead and strike when the iron is hot. In 2003 I traded him for ARod, giving Nomar and Ibanez that way. Likely he'll publicly spout off about what he really thinks of player values, so if you get in a deal working process where you don't expose the trade you really want until you've "given up due to his amazing bargaining skills", you have a good shot at getting him... I'll give the guy credit though, Ibanez did have over 30HR, 100R and 120RBI ... in 2006. (wow did Ibanez really do that?
Chrisy Moltisanti
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Home Cafe: Basketball

Postby TheRock » Fri Mar 23, 2007 12:49 am

Wow, am I ever not cool anymore. Had to go Google "upper decker". Dastardly. But in this case might be in order.

<edit>
Also stumbled across this site. Maybe we all need to be more sensitive. :,-(
</edit>
TheRock
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe WriterMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 6)

Postby Chrisy Moltisanti » Fri Mar 23, 2007 1:01 am

The Gorilla (warfare) Decker:

Trud Ferguson (not verified) -- 12.20.2005

Not to top the upper Decker or anything but, I like the upper decker with a twist. First you disconnect the chain from the handle.Then take the upper decker. That way some body has to put their hand into the tank to reconnect the chain.

hey that must be a cafe member :-b
Chrisy Moltisanti
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Home Cafe: Basketball

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers