Mike Cameron - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Mike Cameron

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Cameron Will Be A

Met
11
79%
Met
0
No votes
A
3
21%
A
0
No votes
 
Total votes : 14

Mike Cameron

Postby L0rdB23 » Tue Dec 09, 2003 11:16 am

The Mets offered Mike Cameron a three-year contract for about $18 million last week, and his agent has since countered.
It's been reported that Cameron has a four-year, $24 million contract offer from the A's still on the table. He hasn't dropped any clues about where he'd like to play now that Seattle is no longer an option.
Last edited by L0rdB23 on Tue Dec 09, 2003 11:25 am, edited 4 times in total.
L0rdB23
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor


Posts: 591
Joined: 19 Jan 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Williston Park, NY

Re: Mike Cameron

Postby L0rdB23 » Tue Dec 09, 2003 11:19 am

L0rdB23 wrote:The Mets offered Mike Cameron a three-year contract for about $18 million last week, and his agent has since countered.
It's been reported that Cameron has a four-year, $24 million contract offer from the A's still on the table. He hasn't dropped any clues about where he'd like to play now that Seattle is no longer an option.


that was from rotoworld.. btw
L0rdB23
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor


Posts: 591
Joined: 19 Jan 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Williston Park, NY

Re: Mike Cameron

Postby Pogotheostrich » Tue Dec 09, 2003 11:20 am

L0rdB23 wrote:It's been reported that Cameron has a four-year, $24 million contract offer from the A's still on the table.


Since when do the A's have money to spend? They are also rumored to have a multi-year offer for Foulke on the table as well.
Image
Pogotheostrich
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 21587
(Past Year: 357)
Joined: 9 Dec 2002
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: St. Louis

Re: Mike Cameron

Postby L0rdB23 » Tue Dec 09, 2003 11:22 am

Pogotheostrich wrote:
L0rdB23 wrote:It's been reported that Cameron has a four-year, $24 million contract offer from the A's still on the table.


Since when do the A's have money to spend? They are also rumored to have a multi-year offer for Foulke on the table as well.


this is just billy beane at work trying to make the mets pay more then they have to.. same with foulke because beane already said last week they have no chance of retaining foulke and our movin on they just want the sox to overpay
L0rdB23
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor


Posts: 591
Joined: 19 Jan 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Williston Park, NY

Re: Mike Cameron

Postby Area51's » Tue Dec 09, 2003 11:23 am

L0rdB23 wrote:
Pogotheostrich wrote:
L0rdB23 wrote:It's been reported that Cameron has a four-year, $24 million contract offer from the A's still on the table.


Since when do the A's have money to spend? They are also rumored to have a multi-year offer for Foulke on the table as well.


this is just billy beane at work trying to make the mets pay more then they have to.. same with foulke because beane already said last week they have no chance of retaining foulke and our movin on they just want the sox to overpay



You gotta be right here. Can't believe that the A's would offer that much cash to one let alone two free agents.
If I were playing third base and my mother were rounding third with the run that was going to beat us, I'd trip her. Oh, I'd pick her up and brush her off and say, 'Sorry, Mom,' but nobody beats me.
Leo Durocher, Brooklyn Dodgers Manager
Area51's
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

User avatar

Posts: 1002
Joined: 3 Nov 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: night watchmen at Pork n Beans factory

Postby L0rdB23 » Tue Dec 09, 2003 11:26 am

y is my poll messed up.. i typed mets a's and other and it says mets mets A A
L0rdB23
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor


Posts: 591
Joined: 19 Jan 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Williston Park, NY

Postby Madison » Tue Dec 09, 2003 11:40 am

I find it hard to believe that the A's say they don't have much payroll flexability and then have $48 million offered to two players. Something doesn't add up.

I agree that they are probably just trying to make other teams overpay.
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Sick of those who are spineless.
Sick of those who feel self-entitled.
Sick of those who are hypocrites.
Yes doctor, an army is forming.
Yes doctor, there will be a war.
Yes doctor, there will be blood.....
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

User avatar
ExecutiveEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 53856
(Past Year: 1)
Joined: 29 Apr 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Taking Souls...

Postby Area51's » Tue Dec 09, 2003 1:09 pm

L0rdB23 wrote:y is my poll messed up.. i typed mets a's and other and it says mets mets A A



Wondered about that too! 8-o
If I were playing third base and my mother were rounding third with the run that was going to beat us, I'd trip her. Oh, I'd pick her up and brush her off and say, 'Sorry, Mom,' but nobody beats me.
Leo Durocher, Brooklyn Dodgers Manager
Area51's
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

User avatar

Posts: 1002
Joined: 3 Nov 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: night watchmen at Pork n Beans factory

Postby wrveres » Tue Dec 09, 2003 2:47 pm

a Padre .. ... ;-D
25                "Love the Padres"
Rafael

Dodgers FAIL|Mets FAIL|Canada FAIL
wrveres
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe Musketeer
Posts: 31755
(Past Year: 746)
Joined: 2 Mar 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Swinger » Tue Dec 09, 2003 4:56 pm

Madison wrote:I find it hard to believe that the A's say they don't have much payroll flexability and then have $48 million offered to two players. Something doesn't add up.

I agree that they are probably just trying to make other teams overpay.


Is it like bidding? Can a team retract an offer?
Swinger
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

User avatar
Mock(ing) Drafter
Posts: 808
Joined: 22 Sep 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball

Next

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: buiviopaufamp, ensanimal, joiingds and 8 guests

Forums Articles & Tips Sleepers Rankings Leagues


Today's Games
Thursday, Jul. 31
(All times are EST, weather icons show forecast for game time)

Chi White Sox at Detroit
(1:08 pm)
Colorado at Chi Cubs
(2:20 pm)
St. Louis at San Diego
(3:40 pm)
Philadelphia at Washington
(7:05 pm)
Seattle at Cleveland
(7:05 pm)
LA Angels at Baltimore
(7:05 pm)
Cincinnati at Miami
(7:10 pm)
indoors
Toronto at Houston
(8:10 pm)
Minnesota at Kansas City
(8:10 pm)
Pittsburgh at Arizona
(9:40 pm)
Atlanta at LA Dodgers
(10:10 pm)

  • Fantasy Baseball
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact