conor jackson - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

conor jackson

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

conor jackson

Postby ttwarrior1 » Thu Mar 22, 2007 2:49 pm

300 and over 100 runs, possible 30 hr, 90 rbi minimum. Im thinking of not drafting a firstbaseman and just take conor late and load up on other spots.

I even have an idea of taking utley,cano, barfield in my draft when someone expects me to take a first baseman.

right now im looking at utley in first, then sizemore, then mauer in 3rd and outfield as delmon young, rios, markakis, bench it with cory hart, b young, and as another first baseman take adrian gonzalas, wes helms, shane victorino
ttwarrior1
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Pick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Re: conor jackson

Postby jake_harv88 » Thu Mar 22, 2007 2:59 pm

ttwarrior1 wrote:300 and over 100 runs, possible 30 hr, 90 rbi minimum. Im thinking of not drafting a firstbaseman and just take conor late and load up on other spots.

I even have an idea of taking utley,cano, barfield in my draft when someone expects me to take a first baseman.

right now im looking at utley in first, then sizemore, then mauer in 3rd and outfield as delmon young, rios, markakis, bench it with cory hart, b young, and as another first baseman take adrian gonzalas, wes helms, shane victorino

Good story. Is there a point here? I dont really like the idea because jackson is a 2nd year player and you can expect a lot of up and downs from him. I think you would be much better off taking a consistent 1B like tex, ortiz, howard etc. However if you get in your draft and feel like the 1bs are being overvalued its nice to have deep sleepers you can bank on later in the draft. Thats usually how i roll, i dont decide if i'm going to not take a position. Because i feel that every player is worth drafting depending on the spot he comes to me. i would by all means draft a guy like victor martinez if he came to me in say round 8 or 9. However i doubt he lasts that long and therefore i typically go in not expecting to draft him. All players are worth owning as long as they come at the right price. Dont limit yourself in a draft by saying you aren't going to draft a 1B until jackson comes up in round 15-16. What would you do if Teixeira fell to round 3???
jake_harv88
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterWeb Supporter
(Past Year: 25)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby ttwarrior1 » Thu Mar 22, 2007 3:03 pm

im not wasting a first or second rd pick on a firstbaseman and dude vic will be gone by rd 4 in my draft
ttwarrior1
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Pick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby jake_harv88 » Thu Mar 22, 2007 3:24 pm

wow you missed the point. All i'm saying is everyone should be worth drafting if you can get him at the right price. Obviously v-mart is going to be gone in the 4th round and thats why i wouldn't take him. BUT if he were to fall to me in like round 7 or 8 i would be all over him. I dont go into a draft limiting what players i may or may not take but instead have a set round i would think about taking a player and know that some players dont have a realistic chance to fall that far. Dont say i'm not taking a 1B until round 17 or 18 because you never know what will happen in the 1B pool...
jake_harv88
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterWeb Supporter
(Past Year: 25)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Return to Baseball Leftovers