Furcal hurts leg today....

Postby timozbuck » Thu Mar 22, 2007 1:45 pm

timozbuck Beginner
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: 4)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Tukka » Thu Mar 22, 2007 2:19 pm

Fingers crossed that it isn't too serious. Always a little irritating when one of your guys goes down trying to make a play in a game that doesn't even count. :\
Tukka Beginner
College Coach
College Coach

Postby mushman05 » Thu Mar 22, 2007 2:33 pm

YET another reason I hate drafting early.

At least I grabbed a somewhat serviceable backup in Peralta.
**2006 Summer Bums League Champion**
mushman05
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby achillesx » Thu Mar 22, 2007 3:00 pm

Furcal was in severe pain after the injury and had to be carted off the field, so it can't be just a routine sprain. It'd be a surprise if he avoids the disabled list to begin the year.

http://www.rotoworld.com
achillesx
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby GreatestShowOnEarth » Thu Mar 22, 2007 4:01 pm

achillesx wrote:
Furcal was in severe pain after the injury and had to be carted off the field, so it can't be just a routine sprain. It'd be a surprise if he avoids the disabled list to begin the year.

http://www.rotoworld.com

I thought i heard that it was just a sprain....oh no. :-o
GreatestShowOnEarth
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Cafe Writer
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Another Blown Save » Thu Mar 22, 2007 5:47 pm

Looks like it might not be serious after all

Furcal injures ankle in collision
Dodgers shortstop collides with Repko in pursuit of blooper
By Ken Gurnick / MLB.com

VERO BEACH, Fla. -- Dodgers shortstop Rafael Furcal was carted off the field with a left ankle injury sustained when he collided with center fielder Jason Repko in the first inning of Thursday's game against Baltimore.

Furcal was taken to a hospital for X-rays, which came out negative. The initial diagnosis was a moderate sprain of his ankle.

Furcal was racing into shallow center field and Repko was charging for Corey Patterson's blooper when Repko slid and appeared to pin Furcal's left foot on the ground as they made contact. Furcal grabbed his left leg and rolled in pain until teammates and trainers attended to him.

Furcal played in the opening game of the spring, then missed 10 days with a repeat of shoulder tenderness he experienced last spring. Otherwise, he has been something of an ironman for the Dodgers, playing in 159 games last season.

Two innings after the collision, Repko came out of the game with a left hamstring injury. Thursday's game marked Repko's first start since missing 10 days with a groin strain.

Link
Mat Latos - Sponsored by the Fantasy Baseball Cafe!
Another Blown Save
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner

Postby Prooks25 » Thu Mar 22, 2007 6:17 pm

Another Blown Save wrote:Looks like it might not be serious after all

Furcal injures ankle in collision
Dodgers shortstop collides with Repko in pursuit of blooper
By Ken Gurnick / MLB.com

VERO BEACH, Fla. -- Dodgers shortstop Rafael Furcal was carted off the field with a left ankle injury sustained when he collided with center fielder Jason Repko in the first inning of Thursday's game against Baltimore.

Furcal was taken to a hospital for X-rays, which came out negative. The initial diagnosis was a moderate sprain of his ankle.

Furcal was racing into shallow center field and Repko was charging for Corey Patterson's blooper when Repko slid and appeared to pin Furcal's left foot on the ground as they made contact. Furcal grabbed his left leg and rolled in pain until teammates and trainers attended to him.

Furcal played in the opening game of the spring, then missed 10 days with a repeat of shoulder tenderness he experienced last spring. Otherwise, he has been something of an ironman for the Dodgers, playing in 159 games last season.

Two innings after the collision, Repko came out of the game with a left hamstring injury. Thursday's game marked Repko's first start since missing 10 days with a groin strain.

Link

Sprains are nothing to laugh at either. Those could linger for a while. This could hurt his SB numbers.
Prooks25
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 3)

Postby Another Blown Save » Thu Mar 22, 2007 6:21 pm

Rotoworld wrote:Rafael Furcal could miss about a week with a sprained left ankle suffered Thursday.
"I was relieved with the results. I had a similar injury in 2002 with the Braves in spring training," Furcal said. "I may be out four or five days. I could play if it's 80 percent. You don't always play at 100 percent -- sometimes you play hurt."
Mat Latos - Sponsored by the Fantasy Baseball Cafe!
Another Blown Save
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner

Postby moose32 » Thu Mar 22, 2007 7:19 pm

at firs i was :,-( and now i'm just ok
moose32
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby kaiser » Thu Mar 22, 2007 9:27 pm

Man, between him and Figgens getting abnged up today, my middle infields are taking a beating!
kaiser
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 306)

Next

Return to Injuries & Player Updates