Wilson Betemit-Dodgers 3b - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Wilson Betemit-Dodgers 3b

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby George_Foreman » Fri Mar 23, 2007 8:33 am

stumpak wrote:His splits are so egregious that he is not really an every day fantasy player. He kills righties but is worthless against lefties. He is great at home (both Turner and Dodger Stadium) but is abysmal on the road. Even if this trend was exaggerated last year, it was so strong that it holds water with me.

He also has had soem mental lapse problems and defensive issues and has LaRoche breathing down his neck. He is one of those guys that might pan out as a real nice sleeper, but he may also stink out the gate and wind up on the bench or in AAA.
Unless he improves his K-rate (currently between 25 and 30%), there's no way he'll be a successful ML regular. He just doesn't have the eye for it. His career minor-league BABIP is like .350, and in the majors, it's been like .370 or .380, so even if his minor league BABIP was for real (and I don't see why it wouldn't be), he's been lucky thus far in the majors. Using his career BABIP and ML K-rate, you get a BA of around .260. So if that's the mean production, his downside is just terrible.
"I don't buy everything I read,
I havn't even read everything I've bought"

"I find it more comforting to believe that this [life] isn't simply a test."
George_Foreman
General Manager
General Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers