TLR DUI - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

TLR DUI

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby bigh0rt » Thu Mar 22, 2007 9:35 pm

Tokugawa wrote:
josebach wrote:
Tokugawa wrote:Wow, I'm shocked at the amount of people jumping to LaRussa's defense, defending drunk driving, etc. The fact of the matter is the guy broke the law. Drunk driving is not a minor offense, losing your license for 180 days is a pretty big deal. I know there's a lot of people posting here who like the odd beer or two, but don't make light of what is a serious offense. Also don't always assume that there is a conspiracy theory, that the media is out to get LaRussa and that there are mitigating circumstances for LaRussa. After reading this thread all I can say is wow. I really expected more from you all.

You "expected more from us". Are you for frigging kidding me? Who the heck are you? Under whose authority do you have the right to pass moral judgement on not only Tony Larussa, but us? Something tells me your Sunday mornings are usually occupied. Am I right?

Do you know what the difference is between .080 and .093? About a third of a beer.

I'm sorry if the fact I think defending driving under the influence on a message board for all ages is irresponsible and somehow offensive to you.

Also, last time I checked we don't live in an Orwellian society, so I have the right to pass moral judgment on whoever and whatever I want, as do you. Differing opinions is what makes these message boards so interesting. However, I do think debating baseball stats is one thing but defending driving under the influence has no place here.

Finally, yes the difference between .08 and .093 may be little more than a third of a beer but you don't seem to take account of the previous four he most likely drank.

Oh, one last thing, I will be sure to pray for your sins this weekend.

^ Are you guys serious? Either of you? Both of you? :-°
bigh0rt
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 351)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Art Vandelay » Thu Mar 22, 2007 10:16 pm

bigh0rt wrote:^ Are you guys serious? Either of you? Both of you? :-°

haha...seriously.

I think DUI laws are as ridiculous and unnecessary as the next guy--actually, way more than the next guy probably--but how did this all of a sudden become about religion?
Art Vandelay
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby HOOTIE » Thu Mar 22, 2007 10:37 pm

Wow. People jumping to Tonys defense? He drank. Was asleep at the wheel. Thankfully no injuries.

But it's no biggie because he only blew a .09 and not a .20? Drinking and driving is dumb. Plain and simple.

Larussa is the face of the Cards being the mgr. What a disgrace to the organization, ring or not.
Smells Like Teen Spirit
HOOTIE
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 297)
Location: Pearl Jam country, right next door to Nirvana, Soundgarden, and Alice in Chains.

Postby JTWood » Thu Mar 22, 2007 10:39 pm

Mod edit :-t

Like I'm one to talk... :-b
JTWood
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterEagle EyeWeb Supporter

Postby GotowarMissAgnes » Thu Mar 22, 2007 11:10 pm

HOOTIE wrote:Wow. People jumping to Tonys defense? He drank. Was asleep at the wheel. Thankfully no injuries.

But it's no biggie because he only blew a .09 and not a .20? Drinking and driving is dumb. Plain and simple.

Larussa is the face of the Cards being the mgr. What a disgrace to the organization, ring or not.

I'm with you, Hootie. Regardless of the law, you are impaired with the first drink. Driving a couple thousands of punds of metal and plastic while impaired---by alcohol, lack of sleep, lack of attention (yeah, you with the cell phone)--is just dumb. Designate a driver. Call a cab or a friend. Walk to a hotel and sleep it off. There are thousands of better decisions than getting in your car.

But, don't expect sympathy if you deliberately endanger the lives of others for your fun and convenience.
GotowarMissAgnes
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy Expert

Postby josebach » Thu Mar 22, 2007 11:28 pm

Tokugawa wrote:Also, last time I checked we don't live in an Orwellian society, so I have the right to pass moral judgment on whoever and whatever I want, as do you.

You're absolutely right, we do both have that right. I, however, choose to refrain from exercising that right. Why? Because I don't want to sound like a condescending d**che bag. :-)
josebach
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Home Cafe: Football

Postby mak1277 » Thu Mar 22, 2007 11:33 pm

GotowarMissAgnes wrote:
HOOTIE wrote:Wow. People jumping to Tonys defense? He drank. Was asleep at the wheel. Thankfully no injuries.

I'm with you, Hootie. Regardless of the law, you are impaired with the first drink. Driving a couple thousands of punds of metal and plastic while impaired---by alcohol, lack of sleep, lack of attention (yeah, you with the cell phone)--is just dumb. Designate a driver. Call a cab or a friend. Walk to a hotel and sleep it off. There are thousands of better decisions than getting in your car.

But, don't expect sympathy if you deliberately endanger the lives of others for your fun and convenience.

Of course it was a stupid thing to do, but from the standpoint of all of us, being detached observers...why is this even an issue? There are zero material implications of this to TLR, the Cardinals, or anyone else affiliated with the team. Drinking and driving isn't a non-issue, but TLR getting a DUI is completely irrelevant to anything baseball-related.
mak1277
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicFantasy Expert
(Past Year: 5)

Postby Y`s Guy » Thu Mar 22, 2007 11:40 pm

Is his starting staff in that bad of shape that this guy is drinking like this?
My Friendliness bar...recently shrunk from 11.3 to 10mm long!!
Y`s Guy
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 275)
Location: If you're reading this then there's a good chance that I'm with your girlfriend.

Postby GotowarMissAgnes » Thu Mar 22, 2007 11:44 pm

[quote="mak1277]
Of course it was a stupid thing to do, but from the standpoint of all of us, being detached observers...why is this even an issue? There are zero material implications of this to TLR, the Cardinals, or anyone else affiliated with the team. Drinking and driving isn't a non-issue, but TLR getting a DUI is completely irrelevant to anything baseball-related.[/quote]

Well, since one of the potential penalties is 6 months in jail, I don't think the material implications are irrelevant.
GotowarMissAgnes
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy Expert

Postby GotowarMissAgnes » Thu Mar 22, 2007 11:53 pm

GotowarMissAgnes
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy Expert

PreviousNext