TLR DUI - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

TLR DUI

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby RugbyD » Thu Mar 22, 2007 4:49 pm

ScarletP wrote:
RugbyD wrote:
ScarletP wrote:
RugbyD wrote:
ScarletP wrote:How can you say it's a tough break? He broke the law and got caught. If I get caught embezzling money or breaking into my neighbor's house, it's not a "tough break," it's called "getting caugh doing something illegal."

is the concept of 'intent' nonexistent in your world?


So you're implying that LaRussa didn't indend to drink? Or that he didn't intend to drive? I've never accidentally done either of those things.

you comps involve intent to do harm. Larussa's situation does not.


My point is not that LaRussa is a bad guy. My point is that he broke the law and got caught. It's not a "tough break." It's "breaking the law." Maybe I should have used speeding or statutory rape as a better example.

i think we're on the same wavelength now
TennCare rocks!!!!
RugbyD
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Cafe Ranker
Posts: 5591
Joined: 7 Dec 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: punting small dogs and being surly

Postby josebach » Thu Mar 22, 2007 5:36 pm

thedude wrote:
josebach wrote:.093 is about 3 beers... if that. I'm sure he just fell asleep.



:-b :-b :-b


OMG. You are telling that a stone cold sober person stops at a red light and decides to take a nap, with the car running? :-b Wow...just...wow.


Lots of people fall asleep while driving when there was no alcohol involved. It's called being exhausted. Did you really not know that people fall asleep at the wheel? Wow... just... wow. :-b
josebach
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

User avatar

Posts: 2036
Joined: 27 Aug 2003
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Tallahassee

Postby Joe LaCock » Thu Mar 22, 2007 7:10 pm

I heard they are going to put a decimal point in front of his uniform number! .10 Joe
Joe LaCock
College Coach
College Coach


Posts: 220
Joined: 29 Feb 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Tinley Park, IL

Postby Tokugawa » Thu Mar 22, 2007 7:13 pm

Wow, I'm shocked at the amount of people jumping to LaRussa's defense, defending drunk driving, etc. The fact of the matter is the guy broke the law. Drunk driving is not a minor offense, losing your license for 180 days is a pretty big deal. I know there's a lot of people posting here who like the odd beer or two, but don't make light of what is a serious offense. Also don't always assume that there is a conspiracy theory, that the media is out to get LaRussa and that there are mitigating circumstances for LaRussa. After reading this thread all I can say is wow. I really expected more from you all.
Tokugawa
College Coach
College Coach


Posts: 168
Joined: 18 Mar 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby eftda » Thu Mar 22, 2007 7:44 pm

Cole Hamles can change his BAC to .00 after every beer.
eftda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 9790
Joined: 11 Mar 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby josebach » Thu Mar 22, 2007 7:56 pm

Tokugawa wrote:Wow, I'm shocked at the amount of people jumping to LaRussa's defense, defending drunk driving, etc. The fact of the matter is the guy broke the law. Drunk driving is not a minor offense, losing your license for 180 days is a pretty big deal. I know there's a lot of people posting here who like the odd beer or two, but don't make light of what is a serious offense. Also don't always assume that there is a conspiracy theory, that the media is out to get LaRussa and that there are mitigating circumstances for LaRussa. After reading this thread all I can say is wow. I really expected more from you all.


You "expected more from us". Are you for frigging kidding me? Who the heck are you? Under whose authority do you have the right to pass moral judgement on not only Tony Larussa, but us? Something tells me your Sunday mornings are usually occupied. Am I right?

Do you know what the difference is between .080 and .093? About a third of a beer.
josebach
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

User avatar

Posts: 2036
Joined: 27 Aug 2003
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Tallahassee

Postby FBBVirgin » Thu Mar 22, 2007 8:45 pm

Everyone jumping on this guys back for being "Weak" for falling asleep with a .093 reading is ignoring an obvious fact...

Just because he blew a .093 does not mean he didn't have a higher BAC earlier in the night.

Think about it. Let's say he woke up at 10 am and started drinking. He kept on drinking all afternoon and early evening. Then he stopped. Late at night, he decides he needs some Wendy's. Gets up to a stoplight, falls asleep, wakes up and blows a .093. The guy could have blown a .1 around noon, and it was just then getting down.
FBBVirgin
College Coach
College Coach

User avatar

Posts: 176
Joined: 18 Apr 2006
Home Cafe: Football

Postby eftda » Thu Mar 22, 2007 8:48 pm

josebach wrote:
Tokugawa wrote:Wow, I'm shocked at the amount of people jumping to LaRussa's defense, defending drunk driving, etc. The fact of the matter is the guy broke the law. Drunk driving is not a minor offense, losing your license for 180 days is a pretty big deal. I know there's a lot of people posting here who like the odd beer or two, but don't make light of what is a serious offense. Also don't always assume that there is a conspiracy theory, that the media is out to get LaRussa and that there are mitigating circumstances for LaRussa. After reading this thread all I can say is wow. I really expected more from you all.


You "expected more from us". Are you for frigging kidding me? Who the heck are you? Under whose authority do you have the right to pass moral judgement on not only Tony Larussa, but us? Something tells me your Sunday mornings are usually occupied. Am I right?

Do you know what the difference is between .080 and .093? About a third of a beer.


I have to side with Tokugawa. Everyeone gets on Barry Bonds but wont get on Tony LaRussa.
eftda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 9790
Joined: 11 Mar 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Tokugawa » Thu Mar 22, 2007 9:04 pm

josebach wrote:
Tokugawa wrote:Wow, I'm shocked at the amount of people jumping to LaRussa's defense, defending drunk driving, etc. The fact of the matter is the guy broke the law. Drunk driving is not a minor offense, losing your license for 180 days is a pretty big deal. I know there's a lot of people posting here who like the odd beer or two, but don't make light of what is a serious offense. Also don't always assume that there is a conspiracy theory, that the media is out to get LaRussa and that there are mitigating circumstances for LaRussa. After reading this thread all I can say is wow. I really expected more from you all.


You "expected more from us". Are you for frigging kidding me? Who the heck are you? Under whose authority do you have the right to pass moral judgement on not only Tony Larussa, but us? Something tells me your Sunday mornings are usually occupied. Am I right?

Do you know what the difference is between .080 and .093? About a third of a beer.


I'm sorry if the fact I think defending driving under the influence on a message board for all ages is irresponsible and somehow offensive to you.

Also, last time I checked we don't live in an Orwellian society, so I have the right to pass moral judgment on whoever and whatever I want, as do you. Differing opinions is what makes these message boards so interesting. However, I do think debating baseball stats is one thing but defending driving under the influence has no place here.

Finally, yes the difference between .08 and .093 may be little more than a third of a beer but you don't seem to take account of the previous four he most likely drank.

Oh, one last thing, I will be sure to pray for your sins this weekend.
Tokugawa
College Coach
College Coach


Posts: 168
Joined: 18 Mar 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby SniperShot » Thu Mar 22, 2007 9:30 pm

Glad his foot stayed on the brake when he snoozed. :-b

Would have been funny being the cop who woke him up. :-b
Last edited by SniperShot on Thu Mar 22, 2007 9:34 pm, edited 4 times in total.
SniperShot
Wicked Wikitect
Wicked Wikitect

User avatar
Eagle EyeWeb Supporter
Posts: 361
Joined: 27 Aug 2004
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Somewhere between here and there

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 6 guests

cron
Forums Articles & Tips Sleepers Rankings Leagues


Today's Games
Friday, Oct. 24
(All times are EST, weather icons show forecast for game time)

Kansas City at San Francisco
(8:07 pm)

  • Fantasy Baseball
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact