Rate my team, 12 team H2H keeper league, 6 X 5(OBP as cat) - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team

Rate my team, 12 team H2H keeper league, 6 X 5(OBP as cat)

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Rate my team, 12 team H2H keeper league, 6 X 5(OBP as cat)

Postby DVauthrin » Thu Mar 22, 2007 1:03 am

We set lineups before games monday, and that runs through sunday(meaning no daily changes).

C-Victor Martinez
1B-Sexson
2B-Iguchi
SS-Carlos Guillen
3B-Rolen
OF-Soriano, Abreu, Hunter
DH-Ortiz

bench-mora, feliz, ian stewart(ML), jarrod saltalamacchia(ML), nomar garciaparra

Pitchers(we start any combo of 8 between SP/RP)

Johan Santana, Carpenter, Schmidt, Vazquez, Randy Johnson, Nolasco, Greinke, Suppan, Chacin, Humberto Sanchez(ML), Armas(will be dropped once our add/drops open)

Closers

Rivera, Fuentes

Basically my usual rotation will be

Johan, Carp, Schmidt, Vazquez, Unit, Rivera, Fuentes, Nolasco(with Suppan/chacin/greinke rotating depending on matchups that week)
hook em horns, go stros
DVauthrin
Basketball Scribe
Basketball Scribe

CafeholicFantasy Expert
(Past Year: 13)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Rate my team, 12 team H2H keeper league, 6 X 5(OBP as ca

Postby kidnemisis » Thu Mar 22, 2007 1:17 am

DVauthrin wrote:We set lineups before games monday, and that runs through sunday(meaning no daily changes).

C-Victor Martinez
1B-Sexson
2B-Iguchi
SS-Carlos Guillen
3B-Rolen
OF-Soriano, Abreu, Hunter
DH-Ortiz

bench-mora, feliz, ian stewart(ML), jarrod saltalamacchia(ML), nomar garciaparra

Pitchers(we start any combo of 8 between SP/RP)

Johan Santana, Carpenter, Schmidt, Vazquez, Randy Johnson, Nolasco, Greinke, Suppan, Chacin, Humberto Sanchez(ML), Armas(will be dropped once our add/drops open)

Closers

Rivera, Fuentes

Basically my usual rotation will be

Johan, Carp, Schmidt, Vazquez, Unit, Rivera, Fuentes, Nolasco(with Suppan/chacin/greinke rotating depending on matchups that week)

I like your team. I think its well balanced. I personally don't like Vazquez and would see what I could get for him. However, your staff is impressive. I understand minor leaguers are an unknown asset but I live in New York and the word is the Yankees are trying to supress that Humberto Sanchez is damaged goods. Hes hurt again and his injuries with the Tigers are omitted from their program this year. Not good. See if you can deal him.

Help me out if u can.

http://www.fantasybaseballcafe.com/foru ... p?t=260536
kidnemisis
College Coach
College Coach

Postby bigh0rt » Thu Mar 22, 2007 1:32 am

bigh0rt
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 354)

Postby DVauthrin » Thu Mar 22, 2007 1:39 am

bigh0rt wrote:How many teams? What categories?

Check out this thread, and give us a little more info.

12 teams(which was in the thread title) and the categories are your typical 5 x 5 ones(AVG, HR, RBI, RUNS, SB, ERA, WHIP, WINS, SAVES, K's)
hook em horns, go stros
DVauthrin
Basketball Scribe
Basketball Scribe

CafeholicFantasy Expert

Postby bigh0rt » Thu Mar 22, 2007 1:46 am

DVauthrin wrote:

12 teams(which was in the thread title) and the categories are your typical 5 x 5 ones(AVG, HR, RBI, RUNS, SB, ERA, WHIP, WINS, SAVES, K's)

Ack, silly me. I only read the thread itself and missed it in the title. Sorry!!

What SPs are on the Wire? The top of your rotation is nice, but it falls off fast, IMO. I'm also not sure what value Nomar has to your team. He may be expendible for a upside arm off the WW.
bigh0rt
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 354)

Postby DVauthrin » Thu Mar 22, 2007 2:03 am

bigh0rt wrote:
DVauthrin wrote:

Ack, silly me. I only read the thread itself and missed it in the title. Sorry!!

What SPs are on the Wire? The top of your rotation is nice, but it falls off fast, IMO. I'm also not sure what value Nomar has to your team. He may be expendible for a upside arm off the WW.

Well this is a deep league where contracts are a factor(we have 27 roster spots each and we give out contracts to fit a contract cap size). Nomar's value is against certain teams to use him to boost AVG at 1B, or give me insurance for sexson going through a slump. Plus at that point in the draft it was BPA, as I was filling my bench.

SP is very thin on waivers(best options are el duque, mulder, meche, weaver) and i'm not a huge fan of any of them. RP options are guys like wheeler/linebrink, weak closers like dotel/torres.

I will drop armas(who wasn't listed because i'm viewing that as a free roster spot) and possibly feliz(i have to decide if I want to take the cap hit on him).
hook em horns, go stros
DVauthrin
Basketball Scribe
Basketball Scribe

CafeholicFantasy Expert

Postby bats2584 » Fri Mar 30, 2007 6:32 pm

cool team, I would be careful with Pedro Feliz? he does hit HR but he never gets on base i think its in the .270
am sure you can pick some up who is a lil better once people start making moves themselves...
bats2584
College Coach
College Coach

Postby yourmom7877 » Tue Apr 03, 2007 2:44 am

if you can take minor league players..sign phillip hughes from the yankee farm team..he's nasty
yourmom7877
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team