Very important highly competitive league...WHIR - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team

Very important highly competitive league...WHIR

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Very important highly competitive league...WHIR

Postby kidnemisis » Thu Mar 22, 2007 1:01 am

Edit: Sorry its a 12 team 5 x 5 mixed roto league.

C- Pierzynski
1B- Swisher
2B- Kinsler
SS- Rollins
3B- Beltre
OF- Soriano
OF- Sheffield
OF- Rios
UTIL- Hafner
BN- Edwin Encarnacion
BN- Aurilia
SP- Felix Hernandez
SP- Cain
RP- Fuentes
RP- Todd Jones
P- Wainwright
P- Zumaya
P- John Patterson
BN- Lilly
BN- Lowe
BN- Bonser

In terms of my offense the only pick I wasn't happy about was Beltre but i've since seen some predictions for a good year from him and I have sleeper candidate Encarnacion as well so its not too bad. I see big years for Rios and Swisher as well. Pitching wise I prefer to grab 2 out of Felix, Cain, Hamels, or Harden as I see them having huge years. My biggest weakness I feel is the lack of a third closer but I think I will fix that soon through free agency. Any thoughts would be great.
Last edited by kidnemisis on Thu Mar 22, 2007 1:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
kidnemisis
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby bigh0rt » Thu Mar 22, 2007 1:42 am

How many teams in this league?
bigh0rt
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 348)

Postby kidnemisis » Thu Mar 22, 2007 1:46 am

Sorry 12.
kidnemisis
College Coach
College Coach

Postby bigh0rt » Thu Mar 22, 2007 1:55 am

Pierzynski doesn't really do much for me. Though he may have value in the trade market. Someone I'm really grooving on at C this year is David Ross. 21 blasts in under 250 ABs last year -- a serious source of power from a power scarce position. People seem down on Kinsler, but I think he'll long outperform his ADP; I like his park, his lineup, etc. You seem a little low on the speed side of things. Rollins and Soriano are going to get their steals, but beyond that, Kinsler may give you 10 - 15 tops, but I think you need maybe one more speed threat to be comfortable in the SB department.

How'd you get both Pronk and Soriano? That's a great 1 - 2 punch.

I'm very high on Eddy Enc, and he should see plenty of time starting for you unless Beltre outperforms what I think he will.

I'm not really in love with your SP situation. Felix I'm so so on, and while I'm as high on Cain as the next guy, Patterson, Lilly, Lowe, and Bonser don't do a ton for me. I do think Wainright will do well. Good to have Zumaya both for his ratios, as well as to handcuff Todd Jones in case he loses his job. I think with 5 possible starting RPs, I'd be starting at least 3 Closers, as well as Zumaya, and maybe another elite middle reliever (Shields, Linebrink). I think that strategy may be more valuable to you than the bottom end of your rotation. All in all, a competitive 12 team league, but nothing overwhelming.
bigh0rt
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 348)

Postby kidnemisis » Thu Mar 22, 2007 2:35 am

bigh0rt wrote:Pierzynski doesn't really do much for me. Though he may have value in the trade market. Someone I'm really grooving on at C this year is David Ross. 21 blasts in under 250 ABs last year -- a serious source of power from a power scarce position. People seem down on Kinsler, but I think he'll long outperform his ADP; I like his park, his lineup, etc. You seem a little low on the speed side of things. Rollins and Soriano are going to get their steals, but beyond that, Kinsler may give you 10 - 15 tops, but I think you need maybe one more speed threat to be comfortable in the SB department.

How'd you get both Pronk and Soriano? That's a great 1 - 2 punch.

I'm very high on Eddy Enc, and he should see plenty of time starting for you unless Beltre outperforms what I think he will.

I'm not really in love with your SP situation. Felix I'm so so on, and while I'm as high on Cain as the next guy, Patterson, Lilly, Lowe, and Bonser don't do a ton for me. I do think Wainright will do well. Good to have Zumaya both for his ratios, as well as to handcuff Todd Jones in case he loses his job. I think with 5 possible starting RPs, I'd be starting at least 3 Closers, as well as Zumaya, and maybe another elite middle reliever (Shields, Linebrink). I think that strategy may be more valuable to you than the bottom end of your rotation. All in all, a competitive 12 team league, but nothing overwhelming.

I hope your not being tough on me because you don't like the Yankees. :-t lol joke. Anyway I checked out Ross honestly one of those guys who slipped through the cracks, I dont know much on him. How has he done in spring training? Does he have the minor league numbers to suggest he can build on last year? One of the weaknesses I identified was the average category and Pierzynski at .295 at least doesnt hurt.

I disagree in terms of speed. Kinsler is good for 15 and Beltre had 10 last year. Rios had 15 and missed lots of time. I think im fine.

I view Felix and Cain as two 3rd tier guys who will have second tier numbers. (Johan stands alone) Wainwright is having a great spring and that goes along with his performance last year. 12-15 wins with nice peripherals seem fine for my third starter. Patterson is my injury risk who can do 10-12 wins with great peripherals if hes healthy. Personally I think Lilly in the NL does well, Lowe was a value pick who fell to the 19th round and Bonser is someone i'm high on.

You're right about the third closer, I will handle that as soon as some jobs become set. Lastly Soriano and Pronk was great don't know how he fell to 22nd in a ridiculously competitive winners league.
kidnemisis
College Coach
College Coach

Postby sixer03fan » Thu Mar 22, 2007 4:37 pm

thanks for the help on mine.

you've got a solid offense if some picks like kinsler and beltre pay off. i think swisher is gonna have a big year as well as jroll.

for pitchers, i don't believe the hype on wainwright. you have some pretty good cheap relievers, so i can respect that. and i love Cain. him, felix, and patterson can be potential fantasy aces this year.

overall your team doesnt look outstanding, but should be a playoff team in a 12 teamer. good luck!
sixer03fan
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby Johnny Tuttle » Thu Mar 22, 2007 6:08 pm

I like your team, but you will need to upgrade your pitching to win, as you have said yourself.

I think you could safely drop Aurillia. He's more multi-cat than actually good.

http://www.fantasybaseballcafe.com/foru ... p?t=260441
Johnny Tuttle
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafeholic
(Past Year: 36)

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team