Palmeiro to the Bronx? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Palmeiro to the Bronx?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby Gang Green » Mon Dec 08, 2003 11:00 pm

This is mere speculation on my part about Palmeiro. However, there are people on NY talk radio who work for the Yankees. So far, everything they have predicted since the end of the World Series has come to fruition. From Sheffield to re-signing Heredia. Of course, they have also said as of a few days ago that resigning Pettitte is about a 50/50 proposition. That I'll admit scares the daylights out of me. With Colon looking like he's going to the Angels, the Yanks would be out of luck as far as another top of the line starter.
Gang Green
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Siege1386 » Mon Dec 08, 2003 11:24 pm

With Colon signing with the Angels, the Yanks would be almost forced to give Pettite the pay increase he wants and sign him.
Help me out by making a [url=http://www.fsworld.net/modules/donations/]Donation[/url] or [url=http://www.fsworld.net/register.php]Registering[/url] for my website

Siege1386
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Graphics Expert

Postby smallface99 » Mon Dec 08, 2003 11:28 pm

Alright so now that prick George is gonna throw another say 8 mill at Palmeiro. I am sick of it, it's time for a cap, you can quote me on this, 5 years down the road this is remembered as offseason the yanks and red sox ruined baseball. i love to game so much, which why it hurts so much that it is going down the tubes.
Jon
smallface99

Home Cafe: Football
Friendliness: %

Postby pkarr5000 » Mon Dec 08, 2003 11:30 pm

i know. raffy gets so much crap but the truth is, hes reliable :-o
pkarr5000
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby Siege1386 » Mon Dec 08, 2003 11:47 pm

from MLB.com

Dec. 7 -- The Yankees extended an arbitration offer to Pettitte. The Yankees and Astros remain the leading candidates to secure his services. Houston discussed a three-year, $30 million offer with the veteran left-hander last week during a face-to-face meeting at Minute Maid Park, but the Yankees are reportedly considering a four-year offer worth approximately $50 million.
Help me out by making a [url=http://www.fsworld.net/modules/donations/]Donation[/url] or [url=http://www.fsworld.net/register.php]Registering[/url] for my website

Siege1386
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Graphics Expert

Postby Madison » Mon Dec 08, 2003 11:58 pm

pkarr5000 wrote:i know. raffy gets so much crap but the truth is, hes reliable :-o

Thank you. :-)

I'm going to put this up again since it seems that it got overlooked:

Madison wrote:Not much love for a guy who's hit at least 38 home runs and 104 rbi for 9 consecutive years.

Not exactly a bench warmer or a guy who can't hit.
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Sick of those who are spineless.
Sick of those who feel self-entitled.
Sick of those who are hypocrites.
Yes doctor, an army is forming.
Yes doctor, there will be a war.
Yes doctor, there will be blood.....
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

ExecutiveEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby Transmogrifier » Tue Dec 09, 2003 12:12 am

Madison wrote:
pkarr5000 wrote:i know. raffy gets so much crap but the truth is, hes reliable :-o

Madison wrote:Not much love for a guy who's hit at least 38 home runs and 104 rbi for 9 consecutive years.

Mad, I know he's reliable, but I would be very pleased if the Yankees signed a hitter on the slide, who just hit .260 (.273, .273, .288 in prior years). I hope they offer him a five year deal.
I'm back. Sorta.

Do not boo Johnny.
Transmogrifier
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 Survivor

Postby L0rdB23 » Tue Dec 09, 2003 12:27 am

Transmogrifier wrote:
Madison wrote:

Mad, I know he's reliable, but I would be very pleased if the Yankees signed a hitter on the slide, who just hit .260 (.273, .273, .288 in prior years). I hope they offer him a five year deal.

i never said palmeiro wasnt reliable .. im just sayin from a yankee standpoint they dont need all the offense they can sacrifice a little offense and get travis lee who is better defensively cheaper and not a bum offensively
L0rdB23
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Gang Green » Tue Dec 09, 2003 12:49 am

Raffy's number's may be on the slide, but even if he hit .255 with 35 hr's, he's going to be hitting 7th or 8th in the Yankee lineup. Not too shabby numbers from the bottom of the order.
Also, Giambi's numbers are much more impressive when he plays first base as opposed to being DH. Over the past 3 seasons, he has a little over 1000 AB's when he's the first baseman with a batting avg. of .327. He has 500 AB's over the past 3 years as DH and his average is .252. Giambi also has been very vocal about how his head is much more "in the game" if he is playing in the field. If he stays healthy, most of his AB's will come as the 1B. Which means, the guys that you bring in to play first base will/should see significant time at DH. Palmeiro's power numbers are much more prototypical of a DH's production than anybody else that's out there.
Gang Green
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby LBJackal » Tue Dec 09, 2003 12:54 am

Gang Green wrote:Raffy's number's may be on the slide, but even if he hit .255 with 35 hr's, he's going to be hitting 7th or 8th in the Yankee lineup. Not too shabby numbers from the bottom of the order.
Also, Giambi's numbers are much more impressive when he plays first base as opposed to being DH. Over the past 3 seasons, he has a little over 1000 AB's when he's the first baseman with a batting avg. of .327. He has 500 AB's over the past 3 years as DH and his average is .252. Giambi also has been very vocal about how his head is much more "in the game" if he is playing in the field. If he stays healthy, most of his AB's will come as the 1B. Which means, the guys that you bring in to play first base will/should see significant time at DH. Palmeiro's power numbers are much more prototypical of a DH's production than anybody else that's out there.

It could be a combination of his head being in the game, and the fact that when he plays DH, he's most likely injured. Being DH probably isn't the cause, but rather the effect.

"Jack, will you call me, if you're able?"

"I've got your phone number written, in the back of my Bible."
LBJackal
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Pick 3 Weekly Winner

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers