bn- Nick Markakis
bn- Jorge Cantu
Macuss
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Johnny Tuttle » Wed Mar 21, 2007 9:08 pm

You did have a strong draft. I have only small quibbles here:

1. One or two too many light-hitting steals guys. The more categories there are, the worse this becomes (say if OPS, SLG, or total bases gets added). Figgins is the best of the lot (arguably the 2nd best 2B this year); otherwise, I'd rather go for more balance. I'd trade Pods and/or Freel. (Pierre's better than those two.) With Crawford, Figgins, and Pierre, you're good with steals. You could use some home runs, too, though.

2. Sexson and Markakis should be starting over Mora and Freel.

3. Mora should be on the wire. I'm sorry, but it's true. You might want to take a chance on a Corey Hart or Chris B. Young to get a cheap 20/20 guy.

Hope this helps. Please check out mine, too:http://www.fantasybaseballcafe.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=260441
Johnny Tuttle
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafeholic
(Past Year: 36)

Postby rails80 » Wed Mar 21, 2007 9:22 pm

I think you did pretty well. I'd agree about Sexson and Markakis as starters, and Mora probably would sit on the WW if you needed to pick him up again. Freel's a good option to have on your team because of his versatility so I wouldn't get rid of him. See how the rest of the spring pans out for these guys.

I took the chance on Swisher as well, and hope he has the break-out year everyone is saying he will.

I think your pitching could be a bit better. But pitching is always hit-or-miss anyway once you get past guys like Sabathia and Santana. Kazmir should (if he stays healthy) win at least 15-17 games with A LOT of K's but he's on a team that is suspect. Papelbon has yet to prove himself as a big-league starter but I like the odds. Sheets is going to be consistent as always. Wang ... I passed on him in my draft. Very high ERA with runners on base, especially in scoring position and even though he was a valuable guy on my team last year, the reason he won so much is because the Yanks scored when he started...if it holds true again this year, you've got a gem. Contreras is always getting bad predictions, so who knows - worth a shot if you grabbed him late. Harden has been lights out and is a viable 5th starter without a doubt. I think you could have done better with your RP's though. Though not terrible, you never know...

Decent bench too.
rails80
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Response TeamFantasy Expert
(Past Year: 257)

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team