Oh crap! Delmon Young to bat 7th or 8th??!? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Oh crap! Delmon Young to bat 7th or 8th??!?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Oh crap! Delmon Young to bat 7th or 8th??!?

Postby Y`s Guy » Wed Mar 21, 2007 8:42 pm

I kept him in my CBS League because he was a sure-thing 3-holer! :-[

Dangit.

Crawford-Zobrist-Baldelli and Wiggy. :-?

Well, Z-man is a rook and Rocco is already achin'. There's hope for DY fans.

Today's Bradenton Rag
My Friendliness bar...recently shrunk from 11.3 to 10mm long!!
Y`s Guy
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 276)
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: If you're reading this then there's a good chance that I'm with your girlfriend.

Postby Chad85 » Wed Mar 21, 2007 9:45 pm

I wouldn't worry too much. Maddon's apt to switch it by Game 3.
Chad85
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby deerayfan072 » Wed Mar 21, 2007 10:25 pm

He hit 4 today, but he has destroyed the ball back in the 7 hole and at the 4 hole he will be fine, they need to spread out the bats
deerayfan072
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb Supporter
(Past Year: 31)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby bigh0rt » Wed Mar 21, 2007 11:50 pm

Wigginton batting clean up with that type of eligibility makes me take a longer look at him. :-°
bigh0rt
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 347)

Postby Snakes Gould » Thu Mar 22, 2007 12:16 am

i figured he was going to hit 2nd, not 3rd anyway. i figured rocco 1, young 2, crawford 3, etc... him hitting 7th is definitely something to worry about but im sure he'd be willing to change the lineup if delmon is raking. as for wiggington, i still cant regard him as a good hitter yet. maybe its foolish of him, but i just dont see him hitting consistently.

SIGS!

Shane Victorino wrote:“We keep fighting,” Victorino said. “We keep plugging along.”
Snakes Gould
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Ender » Thu Mar 22, 2007 1:03 am

Zorbist will flop and Baldelli will get hurt so Young will be in the middle of that order by mid season.
Ender
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy Expert

Postby Yoda » Thu Mar 22, 2007 1:16 am

Ender wrote:Zorbist will flop and Baldelli will get hurt so Young will be in the middle of that order by mid season.

Yeah I can't fathom Baldelli staying healthy for a full year. He has a chronic condition. TB should have moved him in the off season.
Yoda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter

Postby RynMan » Thu Mar 22, 2007 2:44 am

Zobrist isn't even in the top 3 best hitting shortstops in their system, let alone hitting in the top 3 on their big league team. He shouldn't be hitting 2.
RynMan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerAward-Winning Graphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby Snakes Gould » Thu Mar 22, 2007 3:18 am

yeah when zobrist starts hitting under .200, im sure they'll be a change.

SIGS!

Shane Victorino wrote:“We keep fighting,” Victorino said. “We keep plugging along.”
Snakes Gould
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby raiders_umpire » Thu Mar 22, 2007 7:59 am

Yoda wrote:
Ender wrote:Zorbist will flop and Baldelli will get hurt so Young will be in the middle of that order by mid season.

Yeah I can't fathom Baldelli staying healthy for a full year. He has a chronic condition. TB should have moved him in the off season.

Chronic? :-°

I would not expect the Delmon hitting 7th to last very long. He is still a top 3 bat on that team, even with his 120 ML at bats right now. I expect the Delmon experiment to last a month tops if I were to guess right now. Zobrist is not quite as bad as Snakes thinks :-b , as he probably will hit around 275 or so, but he just will not provide any pop. Zobrist will be moved down to the 8 or 9 hole before too long, to get the Drays some much more needed offense early in the lineup. Wigginton is the huge winner in this new lineup though with him hitting behind Crawford and Baldelli.
raiders_umpire

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Next

Return to Baseball Leftovers